• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Pressure Washing or Power Washing?

What term do people use in your area? (you can select more than one)

• Total voters

Rob Huffman

Ken,
I like using pressure as a better term. Because of "LOW" pressure house washing it makes better sense. And the same can be said for commercial. There are some structures that you can't use "high" pressure.

Ken Fenner

Rob, what about your customers in MD? Do they also use the term pressure washing?

I know the majority of my messages start, 'Hi I'd like to get an estimate for pressure washing my ________"

Rob Huffman

As for the customers some just say house washed. I hear that quite a bit. But I would say "power" is used more by customers. In the course of the conversation listen and if you dominate the conversation with key words like low pressure, pressure wash, etc I can almost guarantee the customer will start using that term more.

The term Power Washing is moving the wand knee high from the surface, cleaning a wider area with one stroke of the wand. Similar to a glorified rinse job.

Pressure Washing is cleaning inch by inch. It is a much deeper cleaning and takes talent to clean in this manor without damaging the cement...... etching.

DJ Carroll

The term Power Washing is moving the wand knee high from the surface, cleaning a wider area with one stroke of the wand. Similar to a glorified rinse job.

Pressure Washing is cleaning inch by inch. It is a much deeper cleaning and takes talent to clean in this manor without damaging the cement...... etching.

Who said that? Dictionary?

I target both terms online in my marketing it is just too hard to get a grasp on what people are using and i don't want to miss a customer just because i was close minded and thought differently than my customers :yes:

Scott Davis

People in our area typically use pressure washing. But I stear clear of pressure or power except when talking about concrete. I have people call and say, "I need you to preesure wash my house/roof." Then I tell them "ok, let me get some information from you and explain our process" And I try to avoid "pressure or power" in my explanation. And like Rob said, the customer ends up using "cleaning my home" instead of "pressure washing my home". For me it gives a better visual of someone scrubbing a house with sponges rather than blasting away at it.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
My company is named with Power Washing in it because I look at using "Pressure" washing in the name is applying to much "Pressure" on there surface(Wood mainly) whereass "Power Washing" means they get a good powerfull cleaning job. Also I like the word "Power" over "Pressure" anyday. Example--what a "Pressure" packed day I had. I whish I had some more "Power" :)

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Pressure Washing here, but personally I prefer the term "cleaning" to "washing". You can wash something and not get it cleaned. I like to stress the word clean.