• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

starting in Virginia

Ken Fenner

Blaze /Mr Clean!

The UAMCC does not offer any formalized training as of this time. You will hear many members mention to you that "labor for learning" is your best bet. This involves contacting a UAMCC member near you and offering your labor to have them show you the ropes. This will teach you proper technique but it will not offer a marketing benefit of certification that you may be seeking.

If you are looking for a certification style program UAMCC Vendor member Sunbrite offers this. I will link you to their most recent class.

http://www.uamcc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=763

Carlos Gonzales

Blaze/Mr. Clean - Welcome to the UAMCC BBS. Glad you found us. Please feel free to take a peek around and ask away on the questions man. Good Seeing you here.

Mathew Johnson

Started a new business in Virginia. I have only done a couple of jobs. Housewashing and a roof cleaning. Would like some information on training in the tidewater area.

Mr.Clean Power Washing Services
Chesapeake, Va.
mrcleanpowerwash@gmail.com

You can try to contact another member to work with them. You can attend a seminar like this one The Northeast Pressure Washing Seminar - Learn about it at www.grassrootsevents.org. Give me a call and I will explain other options available to you. I sent you an email with additional information.

Andrew McBride

gave me a call in the spring when the weather get a little better. If you want to come to the eastern shore of md for some labor for learning or call any time

Henry Bockman

Or you can give me a call and I can set you up to go out with one of my crews for residential or commercial work. Just let me know what your interested in learning.

It's nice to see so many guys volunteering to help out a new guy. It didn't used to be like this 20 years ago when I started up.

chuckd

Started a new business in Virginia. I have only done a couple of jobs. Housewashing and a roof cleaning. Would like some information on training in the tidewater area.

Mr.Clean Power Washing Services
Chesapeake, Va.
mrcleanpowerwash@gmail.com

Hi and Welcome to the boards. I live in VA beach and work a lot in Chesapeake and VABch. I dont want to come off as a jerk but you better charge the going rate and not be a $99.00 Hack A**hole. I will pull your yard signs if you have advertised hack prices because you are driving the market price down cheapening the industry and making it harder to get a fair price!!!:got-hooligan:

that guy that puts signs in Greenbriar with "power washing"
$79

He is making it harder because it puts a lowballed price in peoples mind and it is fustrating!!!

by charging 150 or less you will be hard pressed to make it in business this is not a JOB its a business!

after your $150 wash minus material costs fuel costs taxes insurance for your GL comm auto workmans comp, job aquision cost (advertising) business profit, equipment depreciation (cant buy hoses tips belts orings fittings pump maint. if its not factored in!) Whats left? and how many houses do you need to make even 35k a year!

thats why guys come and they go!

I like that you are here and are in the right place to start! If you are trying to be a good wash contractor and help keep up a positive image and market values then more power to you! Theres enough room for friendly competition in Tidewater so good luck and dont be a Hack!

Henry Bockman

Hey VA Beach guys, I'm going to be down there next week working on some buildings at night. If anyone wants to spend some time learning commercial work, or just get together one night while I'm down there let me know. I'll be coming down Tuesday afternoon thru Friday sometime. Maybe we can all get together one night for dinner or something, give me a call on my cell if your interested.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Sorry I missed this thread back in Feb, but if you're still out there Blaze, give me a call, I'm glad to find someone wanting to learn how to do this business the right way from the beginning. Due to bbs like this one and, of course, orgs like UAMCC, your learning curve should be considerably steeper than mine was.

My philosophy regarding local competition: I can't wash every house and every house needs to be cleaned every few years. If I can't wash it, I still want it washed properly - by legitimate companies. Those of us that are doing this business as a business don't fear competition, but we get really p'd-off by those that think that just because they have a pressure washer that they are pressure washers.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Hey VA Beach guys, I'm going to be down there next week working on some buildings at night. If anyone wants to spend some time learning commercial work, or just get together one night while I'm down there let me know. I'll be coming down Tuesday afternoon thru Friday sometime. Maybe we can all get together one night for dinner or something, give me a call on my cell if your interested.

Henry, I will give you a call.

Scott Davis

Hi and Welcome to the boards. I live in VA beach and work a lot in Chesapeake and VABch. I dont want to come off as a jerk but you better charge the going rate and not be a $99.00 Hack A**hole. I will pull your yard signs if you have advertised hack prices because you are driving the market price down cheapening the industry and making it harder to get a fair price!!!:got-hooligan:

that guy that puts signs in Greenbriar with "power washing"
$79

He is making it harder because it puts a lowballed price in peoples mind and it is fustrating!!!

by charging 150 or less you will be hard pressed to make it in business this is not a JOB its a business!

after your $150 wash minus material costs fuel costs taxes insurance for your GL comm auto workmans comp, job aquision cost (advertising) business profit, equipment depreciation (cant buy hoses tips belts orings fittings pump maint. if its not factored in!) Whats left? and how many houses do you need to make even 35k a year!

thats why guys come and they go!

I like that you are here and are in the right place to start! If you are trying to be a good wash contractor and help keep up a positive image and market values then more power to you! Theres enough room for friendly competition in Tidewater so good luck and dont be a Hack!

$150? :confused: Thats not considered being a hack? If I could find a guy doing quality work for $150, I would sub everything out to him!!

chuckd

yea here 150 is the bottom for a 2 story bout 2500sqft I get bout 200 a house there is a lot of guys with $99 for a house wash some contractors charge more and offer more if you are charging less than 150 its not good for us here at the beach, even the high volume guys are at 140. there are lots of guys that start washing on the side and do it for way to cheap, I just met a landscaper that wanted to add pw'ing and washed a homeowners house for 50 bucks! so Im not against new contractors but really do want the new guys to be in a competive price range. I hate loosing jobs because the other guy is $100 less.

Sorry if I was a bit rude. I was ****y that night and it came out in my post.

I am bummed that I missed out on the commerical offer I would love to have learned some new things and missed it :(

chuckd

Sorry I missed this thread back in Feb, but if you're still out there Blaze, give me a call, I'm glad to find someone wanting to learn how to do this business the right way from the beginning. Due to bbs like this one and, of course, orgs like UAMCC, your learning curve should be considerably steeper than mine was.

My philosophy regarding local competition: I can't wash every house and every house needs to be cleaned every few years. If I can't wash it, I still want it washed properly - by legitimate companies. Those of us that are doing this business as a business don't fear competition, but we get really p'd-off by those that think that just because they have a pressure washer that they are pressure washers.

Hey John How are you I have not seen your van around in a while Hope all is well. I wish you a great season this year.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Hey John How are you I have not seen your van around in a while Hope all is well. I wish you a great season this year.

Chuck,

I've been around. Around the doctor's office, the physical therapist, the lawyer's office...lol. I was hit by a new driver last July and have had 3 surgeries - including a partial knee replacement - since October. Almost done with the docs, but have been trying to keep working as best as possible. My brother has been helping and I'm sure you'll be seeing me (us) around quite a bit in the very near future. If not, its because we're working, not driving! :smile:

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Sorry to hear John. Hope you get better. We need some competition when we start getting over the bridge.

HaHaHa! (Though I do enjoy the occaisional visit to your side of the water!) Seriously, at some point, I owe you a cup of coffee - at least.