• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Client confidence

Terry Miller

We have more and more companys getting into roof washing. The big question is "How are you doing?" It is new in our area. There are only a couple companys offering roof cleaning. Folks question everything we do as they only know of someone climbing on their roof and blasting away! I thought it might help to put on a demo or something else that will let the customer know our intentions. Any suggestions would be appreciated. What are you doing to grow the confidence of your client? How is your roof cleaning business doing? Thank You.

Carlos Gonzales

Also....to add to Terry's question(s)....cause I don't do roofs.....do roofers traditionally just do roofs or do you add a house wash while you are there for more money?

What kind of "add on" services are there in the roofing business? For me, when I do a house wash I will upsale the customer to also do the flatwork while I am there. Does this apply to roof washing also?

Also, what could the UAMCC offer your market (ROOFS) as a benefit that would be only applicable to you....meaning if the UAMCC were to give the roof washers across the U.S. a specific benefit that only would apply to you....what would that be? List the top 3

Jim Chesmore

I need to start spending more time over here :eek:

I would like to see a video that is short, inexpensive and something I could mail to PM's/CM's and HOA's along with HO's in order to educate the public about Roof Washing and Soft Washing. I have tried to put one together but its pretty hard to do correctly when you are a one-man-band :(

David Vicars

Terry, this isn't my idea. I actually think was Jeff's.

I have a client that needs his roof cleaned. We are going to do it in the
spring. Most of the roofs in the sub-division are dirty.
I'm giving him a discounted price to let me invite all his neighbors to
watch a demo. I will explain the process, do the demo and my wife will have
a sign up sheet for estimates.

I hope this leads to alot more jobs.

Signed the roofer. LOL Carlos

Carlos Gonzales

Terry, this isn't my idea. I actually think was Jeff's.

I have a client that needs his roof cleaned. We are going to do it in the
spring. Most of the roofs in the sub-division are dirty.
I'm giving him a discounted price to let me invite all his neighbors to
watch a demo. I will explain the process, do the demo and my wife will have
a sign up sheet for estimates.

I hope this leads to alot more jobs.

Signed the roofer. LOL Carlos

LOL David....

Inviting the neighborhood is a good idea and will work Dave. Make sure you advertise this around 3 weeks prior to the actual wash. Put fliers in peoples doors.

I did this in a subdivision out here and I had folks coming out the woodwork. If my memory is correct I walked out of that subdivistion with over 20 contracts signed that day.

Here is a thought....instead of signing them up for doing estimates try to get them to sign a contract on the spot. Here is what you do.

1. Canvass the neighborhood a couple weeks prior to the wash (you can do this when you pass out fliers)

2. Get a idea of how dirty the roof are...look at the roofs when you are walking the "beat".

3. Ask yourself what could be the ball park figure you could wash the roofs and still turn a decent profit. Write those figures down.

Stick with a med price and high price.

4. Try if you have time, writing the house numbers also...at least in the immediate area of the demo.

5. The day of the demo, ask folks where they live (house numbers). Explain to them that you already did a initial assesment of their property and that you could schedule them for X day at this price. I BET they will sign a contract with you.

Thad Eckhoff

Killer idea, Carlos.
Why collect leads when you can collect jobs?

I think we all sometimes focus on the process instead of the end result.
I know that I do.
Thanks for the reminder.

Ken Fenner

Excellent idea, Carlos. I have been slaving over a process to slow down my estimating as it is getting overwhelming on the resi end. I am having some custom calculators built that will be on my new website. People will be able to input their measurements and answer questions based on their property. What type of siding or substrate, do you have extensive landscaping, what plan would you prefer, etc. At this stage of the game I only want cals from people ready to buy at my price. The estimate form will spit out a number for them and they can decide whether or not they want to take the next step. I figure I will cut my web leads down by 50% but my closing ratio should rise to near 100% so its a wash and I lower expenses. The downfall is that my competitors would see all of my pricing.

Jim Chesmore

Excellent idea, Carlos. I have been slaving over a process to slow down my estimating as it is getting overwhelming on the resi end. I am having some custom calculators built that will be on my new website. People will be able to input their measurements and answer questions based on their property. What type of siding or substrate, do you have extensive landscaping, what plan would you prefer, etc. At this stage of the game I only want cals from people ready to buy at my price. The estimate form will spit out a number for them and they can decide whether or not they want to take the next step. I figure I will cut my web leads down by 50% but my closing ratio should rise to near 100% so its a wash and I lower expenses. The downfall is that my competitors would see all of my pricing.

Another down fall is that the HO will be able to go to your competitors with a bid and say, "can you beat this?" without you even knowing or having the opportunity to make the sale face to face.

Thats too risky for me Ken...

as it is now, I carry a small shovel to help pick their jaws off the ground when they see my prices :eek: Then I talk them down and explain everything and most of the time I am getting the jobs.

precisionpower

I have been using Google streetview as of late and have probably saved $500 in fuel costs alone. To answer the OP, I am putting together an informational video that describes, in detail the non-pressure roof cleaning process. Once I get it done, feel free to use it as long as you PM me first.

Terry Miller

Just an update on our roof cleaning. We are done for the year. I have a neighbor who volunteerd her roof for Spring. We will clean and sell jobs from a demo. Invite locals, maybe have a small radio remote and surprise folks on the results. It won't happen till Spring so we have plenty of time to promote it. I stated somewheres eariler, we have roofers hiring PW companys to clean roofs for them. They don't have the experience and are probably learning from our posts? Now we have to competet with roofers! Next we will have plumbers or mechanics PWing!

Jim Chesmore

I have been using Google streetview as of late and have probably saved $500 in fuel costs alone. To answer the OP, I am putting together an informational video that describes, in detail the non-pressure roof cleaning process. Once I get it done, feel free to use it as long as you PM me first.

outstanding Kevin, I look forward to watching it :clap::yes: