• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

A question for Ken

Ken Fenner

Re: A Heart To Heart With Industry

Scott, we have discussed this many times. It is standard fare for a website designer to put his/her link at the bottom of the page they designed. We've discussed this on conference calls. This link was given to me in lieu of payment from the organization for the design and copy. I was offered a financial compensation by the organization for the website and refused in interest of having the organization use the money for other things. It was also explained that when the new site is done (in 2-3 weeks) it would not be there as I am not the one designing the site. (even though I am writing nearly 50 pages worth of copy for it)

The link is meaningless to me. It does not generate any type of traffic as that its not its intended purpose. If this is a hanging point, in the interest of moving past these trivial points of contention, I will remove the link. Let's move forward.

So you and everyone understands this from jump street. Several writers including myself have written copy for the new website and we will be credited with such. Everyone in the industry was given opportunity on every BBS to submit articles to the UAMCC for inclusion. Many have done so and will be recognized for it.

Its not too late for anyone to submit an article. You can do this by sending your submission to articles@uamcc.org or by contacting transition team member Scott Millen whom is heading up the writing staff.

Don M.

Ken, I might write an article, but you know as well as I do I spend a lot of time with my site.

As far as my site ranking nationally for "pressure washing" "roof cleaning" etc it will probably be in the top twenty, but locally I am doing good. Thats all I care about.

Ken, I understand why the UAMCC wants content. The more the better right? Right.

BTW, you will NEVER make me believe that getting a link from a PR3 site didnt help your site AT ALL. It like getting the energy packs on Mafia Wars. It gives you a spike then falls away.

I know VERY little about internet stuff. But I know enough to see what you guys are trying to do. Let the new guys keep posting pictures, posting videos on their websites. Me, I'll keep writing and posting very few pictures on my website. See what happen. :)

This is the end for me for a while on these boards. Spring is in the air, cabin fever is high. I'll go over to Barry's board for a while where there is just a handful of guys. Plus in the amount of time I wrote this, I could have done 5 things for my website.

Good luck to you guys.

Ken Fenner

Ken, I understand why the UAMCC wants content. The more the better right? Right.

Exactly, Don. Keep the big picture in mind. Being listed on a website that will rank in the top fold for all terms related to washing and that is why it is in everyone's interest to become a member or contribute. You know as well as I do that ranking high is good, but your website still has to sell. The UAMCC will make strong pushes in its marketing angle for people to hire UAMCC contractors. An organization holds much more credibility than does any single contractor. We are gonna harness job leads state by state and distribute them to UAMCC members. Now guys like you and me don't have to worry about ranking high for generic terms, the UAMCC website does all the work.

Carlos Gonzales

I am heading out the door to have lunch with Jim from our board but wanted to add something here.

Ken built the temporary website for the UAMCC early on. He spent a considerable amount of time on it. I offered to compensate him for his time on this. He adamantly refused. I insisted and he still refused...

I OFFERED him to put his link there...he didn't ask. Ken...thank you for building the site and thank you even more for once again showing your professionalism in this. Right or wrong this is how it played out.

It's done and we are moving on!!

topcoat

Contributing Member
Gonna have to strongly disagree here. Allow me to be very clear about this:

Ken Fenner should be obliged to donate hundreds of hours of personal and business time and money to a cause that will benefit more than just himself. He should not be recognized or appreciated in any way, shape or form. When he is done with each task, you should destroy it and make him start over, in the spirit of the Myth of Sisyphus (google it if you dont know the story). Think of it as a sort of community service to the industry for all that he has NOT done for anyone other than himself in all his years in the business! Man, if you think Jeff Lecours is hard to like, get yourself a big fat load of Fenner. :headshakesmile-fast

Carlos Gonzales

The question about the link has been dealt with and taken care. Again I thank Ken and all that have asked the questions here.

We should just move on before this thread takes on a whole new life.

topcoat

Contributing Member
Good call, Carlos.

And for the literal interpretors here, my previous post was written with an intended incongruity between what was said and what was actually meant.

The Myth of Sysiphus is seriously some good reading, though. Maybe we could start a book club.

Scott Stone

I do not know why this was split out of the original thread. Seems incongruous to me. Well, except for maybe an attempt to make me look like a jerk. BTW, I do have screen shots of the original thread.

BTW, Ken, every time I have seen a developers link at the bottom of a page, it has not been someone that has been closely involved in teh industry, and it has always been a company name, and not generic like the one on the home page.

Ken Fenner

I'm sorry if I have done something that has offended you, Scott. I am waiting on email from the webhost so I can get into the back end to change the webpage so there is no issue with this.

Nobody is trying to make you look bad. This is a topic that some have asked about. It warranted a seperate post. Would you like me to retitle it? The message may have gotten buried in the other thread and we wanted to address it and be done with it. That thread has a purpose to try and move on from stuff like this. I'm just... blown away that it continues.

Can we move on?

Please.

Mathew Johnson

Good call, Carlos.

And for the literal interpretors here, my previous post was written with an intended incongruity between what was said and what was actually meant.

The Myth of Sysiphus is seriously some good reading, though. Maybe we could start a book club.

I googled it and came up with a sexually transmitted disease. Then I realized I typed syphillus by accident instead of sysiphus. Once I typed the right word and found the boulder rolling dude It was a good read.

Thanks

topcoat

Contributing Member
I googled it and came up with a sexually transmitted disease. Then I realized I typed syphillus by accident instead of sysiphus. Once I typed the right word and found the boulder rolling dude It was a good read.

Thanks

Sorry Matt! I didnt mean to send you down a bad road, I think I misspelled it above, the proper spelling is Sisyphus. Cool story.