• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

South Texas Drought

CWheeler

South Texas is heading into a serious drought very quick. San Antonio is only feet away from stage 1 water restrictions, and if we don't get allot of rain quick it will only get worse with summer just around the corner. I know this is going to affect pressure washing. Does anybody have any experience with whether or not soft washing a house not using a pressure washer get affected in these situations? I need to contact local water authority to find out specifics for my area, but wanted any thoughts on the situation. I know we are required to obtain a variance for pressure washing once restrictions start, but once again not sure on the specifics. Would having the ability to recycle wash water help in these situations? Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated, this is going to be a serious problem for local washers this summer!

CWheeler

I found this on the SAWS( local water authority) site. This is for stage 1 restrictions which we are only feet from!

Washing impervious cover such as parking lots, driveways, streets or sidewalks is prohibited. Health and safety exceptions to this rule may be requested from SAWS in writing.

Also found this.
Washing impervious cover such as parking lots, driveways, streets or sidewalks is prohibited during drought restrictions. Health and safety exceptions to this rule may be requested from SAWS. Unless a variance is requested and granted, power washing without a variance will be considered subject to citation.

We are only a few feet away from these restrictions, which could happen in the next week! Stage 2 restrictions start only 10' below this and we are almost guaranteed to hit stage 2 and stage 3 restrictions within months!!!

Roger Gothorp

It's water usage - not application. We in NC found some ways to circumvent - call me if you like :) I just left San Antonio last week!

Celeste