• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Boy o Boy I have a Headache

PressureWashE

Well i just stumbled across this forum, i see there are not many members but i am proud to say that im a member now.

Well im looking to start a pressure washing business, i can get the work, to stay very busy, i have a well though of business plan and marketing plan. BUT my only problem is decided on what units to use.

I was thinking of just starting out with a tandem axle trailer with a 24hp honda that will do hot water and pump 8gpm when using 2 wands at 3000psi

then i start thinking do i need 2 wands should i get a system that is designed for just 1 at 4gpm

what companies provide great pressure washers for a decent price, or are there used systems that are in good working condition???

Is northern tools trailer setups any good, or should i buy a trailer and a skid, a tank, some chemical tanks, reels, and lines and make my own??

thanks for any advice in this industry..

Florin Nutu

You may not need two wands all the time but when you do it would be nice to have. Also I am not sure the machine you are looking at but I think it can work off of one gun and get the 8gpms on that gun. You will pick up your cleaning time overa 4gpm

PressureWashE

Thats true, i love having the option to run 2 at a time, and ill probably be able to run 8gpm on one wand if the other is not in use.

the complete setup is as follows.

16' tandem axel trailer.
24 hp gas honda 3000psi 8gpm 115volt burner
425 gallon water tank
2 hose reels
2 25gallon chemical tanks with downstream injection

100ft of hose on each reel.

i think that covers it.

this setup on this trailer will cost me about 10,000 with tax title and license.

Thanks

John

Scott Davis

Welcome to UAMCC! Someone will chime in with the answers you need, but you will get better answers from more people if you fill out a signature. Go to User CP at the top and click on edit signature on the left hand side.

PressureWashE

I will be doing, Residential, commercial buildings, and new construction. fences and alike.

I really do not want to do roofs.

Thanks for any imput.

Scott Davis

Definately. I dont have any issues giving advise in my areas of qualification. The only thing we dont do is labor for learning for locals. If you have any specific questions fire away.

We are talking about getting a small meeting together for Texas guys around April/May and I want to get a bunch of local guys together. Ill keep you in the loop.

PressureWashE

Definately. I dont have any issues giving advise in my areas of qualification. The only thing we dont do is labor for learning for locals. If you have any specific questions fire away.

We are talking about getting a small meeting together for Texas guys around April/May and I want to get a bunch of local guys together. Ill keep you in the loop.

Thanks that would be great.

I was thinking about using Granger as a local chemical supply company when orders are late or not on time, do you know of any other local companies with decent detergents and soaps other than northers monster line.

Scott Davis

Thanks that would be great.

I was thinking about using Granger as a local chemical supply company when orders are late or not on time, do you know of any other local companies with decent detergents and soaps other than northers monster line.

Not really. I get Chlorine from Univar, and any soaps I need I either use dish soap or order from Pressuretek.com. Bob is very well respected around here and sells top notch detregents/chems for a good price.

For quicker access, I just recently found Alklean in Pasadena. I have not had the chance to use them yet, but it looks like they carry a large selection of chems. I have never used Grainger, so I cant vouch for their products. Personally, it would seem to me their products would be more "generic, I guess, like the monster supplies. Check out PressureTek and Sunbrite Supply.

Carlos Gonzales

Scott - great idea on the meeting...keep us posted! :yes:

Scott Davis

Scott - great idea on the meeting...keep us posted! :yes:

Well its something we tried to do last year and just never followed through with. Adrian from ABC has ressurected the idea, and im really gonna push for it. It wont be structured or anything, just real casual for allof us to get to know our neighboring contractors.

PressureWashE

Thank you all for the welcome, I am still learning everyday about the pressure washing industry, but I do consider my self an expert at proposal writing and marketing strategies.

If anyone ever has a question about anything related to the business side of things I would be glad to help.

John