PDA

View Full Version : First Roof of The Season Tomorrow

John Doherty
03-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Weather going to be in the 60s!:clap:

David Vicars
03-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Rock and roll, John. I'm so glad things are looking up, Bro.

Jim Chesmore
03-08-2009, 10:15 AM
If you think about it. set your camera on a tri pod and video tape the whole thing. I am going to get into that habit.

Scott Davis
03-08-2009, 10:31 AM
I did that Jim, and got excoriated for it. "They" told me it cheapened the service to show videos in advertising.

Jim Chesmore
03-08-2009, 10:51 AM
huh? I dont understand?

Scott Davis
03-08-2009, 10:59 AM
I videotaped a roof cleaning and put it into a advertising video, and posted it on youtube and the boards. Everyone told me it showed how "easy" the service was and that it cheapened the service.

Ken Fenner
03-08-2009, 11:05 AM
I did that Jim, and got excoriated for it. "They" told me it cheapened the service to show videos in advertising.

That's interesting. When I think about it, I can understand the mentality coming from a TV commercial viewpoint. People could care less about the work. Everyone knows and understands what a worker performing a trade looks like. I think an exception would be if your video shows something extraordinary such as multiple employees in professional looking uniforms that just scream "organized". Other than that though, you are right, there is no real reason to show technique in a commercial unless you are selling training videos.

On the flip side of that, there is nothing wronng with having YouTube excerpts to further explain to potential customers what you mean. Everyone is using the term "soft washing" (me too.. SoftTouch) these days. That's a meaningless term to customers. It might inspire warm and fuzzies, but why not show them what it means? This is where a video comes in handy.

Here is Michael K showing exactly what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c2R5hmbvx4

Florin Nutu
03-08-2009, 11:38 AM
That's interesting. When I think about it, I can understand the mentality coming from a TV commercial viewpoint. People could care less about the work. Everyone knows and understands what a worker performing a trade looks like. I think an exception would be if your video shows something extraordinary such as multiple employees in professional looking uniforms that just scream "organized". Other than that though, you are right, there is no real reason to show technique in a commercial unless you are selling training videos.

On the flip side of that, there is nothing wronng with having YouTube excerpts to further explain to potential customers what you mean. Everyone is using the term "soft washing" (me too.. SoftTouch) these days. That's a meaningless term to customers. It might inspire warm and fuzzies, but why not show them what it means? This is where a video comes in handy.

Here is Michael K showing exactly what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c2R5hmbvx4

That is one of the most memorable, discriptive of low pressure vids out there. It is perfect

Scott Davis
03-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Our biggest competitor uses a pitch witch with a pressure washer to clean roofs. So when you compare our no pressure video, compared side by side with his video, our looks a whole lot safer, which was my intention in the video.

A caveat to this is, I was standing on the roof with Bleached jeans and no safety harness (one of our first roofs using SH), so it was a terrible video to advertise with. But the complaints were because of the showing of the process itself, nothing else.

Scott Davis
03-08-2009, 11:44 AM
That is one of the most memorable, discriptive of low pressure vids out there. It is perfect

I cant watch it. Company firewalls.....

Jim Chesmore
03-08-2009, 11:51 AM
I didnt mean to show the entire video to customers, I meant for it to be edited so that you can show what you do without showing how you do it..

John Doherty
03-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Well this went off on a bit of a tangent but the job went well.

David Vicars
03-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Glad to hear that John. Got any more roofs lined up.

OrlandoRoofCleaners.com
03-08-2009, 07:20 PM

Almost....."cleaning" is misspelled. It looks great, otherwise.

OrlandoRoofCleaners.com
03-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Things are finally heating up here in Florida, and the phones are ringing again. I think it's going to be a great year for roof cleaning.

Knock 'em dead, John!

John Doherty
03-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Glad to hear that John. Got any more roofs lined up.

Thanks Dave, I have a few lined up waiting on the weather. I also have an apartment complex scheduled for first week of April (weather permitting).

I think I have some shopping centers coming up for April/May working with another contractor.

I plan on crushing my #s this year! :yes:

I'm considering setting up a working manager and my 2 best full time guys are committed for the entire season.

Scott Davis
03-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Well this went off on a bit of a tangent but the job went well.

Guess that was my fault, sorry John!! Great to hear things are heating up and work is starting to roll in!