• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Four Story Building-No Lift

cmturner

Alright going to try and figure out how to wash this section of a hospital. I already do work for this hospital and I know eventually they are going to want this part cleaned. I actually would like to approach them about cleaning it and sell it like that. My problem comes with the building being 4 stories, not a big deal right, well there is a single story section that covers this entire side of the building so there is no way that I could use a lift of bucket truck or anything like that. Let me know if you all have any ideas. I am going for the window account also but i have a 45ft waterfed pole so it will be no problem for that.

Attachments

• IMG_3187.jpg
    IMG_3187.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 74

Rob Huffman

Curtis,
Your easier choice would be do as DJ said and get a bigger lift and go over that first story section. I have experienced some of the same scenarios and even had facilities put scaffolding up on the roof of the bump out section. My one suggestion is to be careful with the windows...u will be amazed at how many will leak. Make this known to them (shouldnt really be a problem if you already do work for them).

cmturner

Well thats what I thought of originally too but the first floor comes out on the right side of the building also. Another words the entire backside would have to be reached from the left hand side of the photo and I don't thank they make a lift that big. My two ideas so far are to drop off the side of the building or try and modify my waterfed pole to shoot a strong housewash mix up on the walls.

cmturner

I think it is probably too tall, not sure I could shoot that high. Maybe using a yellow noodle to get a little more height out of it. My machine is only a 4 gallon a minute machine. What do you guys think, should I beable to reach that high?

James Foley

You can set up a 12 foot rolling scaffold and shoot from the top with an XJet or I set up my Little Giant step ladders 12 and 17 ft'ers and shoot from the top with an XJ and move along.

Geoff Adams

Here's a pic of a 3 story hotel with 4 story gable ends I could hit the peak and actually spray over the roof with a 79" lance, 0040 tip, 8gpm machine--only difference-- regular housewash mix DS.

Yesterday, i set my 79" lance down and went back to the truck, (around the corner of the building, for like five minutes, and somebody stole it when I got back.

It just so happened that I brought the banana pole, to hit the same height peaks--only because I knew this location is REALLY windy, and I wanted the tip closer. Which only worked when the wind died.

I had the pole like 15-20 ft from the top and the chems would get out about 2 ft from the pole and make a hard right. But with no wind I could have hit a chimney on TOP of that roof.

Your 4 gal should be able to muster up 3 stories with no peaks, standing on the other roof easy with the similar set-up. like DJ said.

thats my experience

Attachments

• New B&A Pics 021 (Medium).jpg
    New B&A Pics 021 (Medium).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 28
  • New B&A Pics 023 (Medium).jpg
    New B&A Pics 023 (Medium).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 30

Adrian Carrier

After you get all the "reach" issues figured out, which I am sure you will.
Keep in mind that you should check your company insurance binder or agent to be sure you are covered for cleanings higher than 3 stories.

This has been a constant oversight that I have seen snag contractors in the end. Myself included.