• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Stone restoration in a city

James Foley

I have a Stone Restoration quote to do. Seven stories in a down town area. My question is who has done this in a downtown area and did you use acid and what did you do about the storm drains and capturing of water ? If you have done this can I call you ? Thanks

Ken Fenner

Jim, the farthest I have ever gotten is a residential stone restoration in Philadelphia. I had to jump through hoops with the historical society and with the city to get street blocking permits. My local Prosoco rep was awesome and helped me from beginning to end. We used their SafRestorer (MSDS). You can get similar help from EacoChem.

I've thought about phasing to the building restoration side of cleaning. Its very high dollar and lucrative. After talking with the owner of EacoChem at length in Michigan, it seems like a very viable business model.

Mike Schoeben

Jim,
We did some granite restoration in Mpls. last year. Check out www.newpig.com for acid / caustic absorbing socks. Berm the sidewalks, lay down the socks and do your thing. Put all the used socks in a properly labeled barrel and let the building owner deal with the resulting hazardous waste. Be sure of not letting a drop get off the sidewalk they will be watching. Also, talk to the city about closing down the sidewalk to pedestrian traffic, and not allowing parking on the block you are working. You can reclaim the rinse water and adjust the pH level to neutral, you just need an onsite collection tank. Some waste haulers will provide these for you, but do your homework first. We use EacoChem products alot (SafeRestore). I''m thinking seven stories is a BIG job. Scaffold and enclosed with platic may be the ticket for that. Call Monday if you'd like to discuss.

James Foley

Thanks Ken, that was one of the directions I'm going to take. The building is in a real difficult area to deal with. Traffic lights, a intersection , buildings on both sides, Bus stop and some Biz open 7 day's a week.