• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Final Comments Prior to the UAMCC Launch!

Carlos Gonzales

Over the last 13+ months much has been said about the UAMCC. Legitimate speculation and uneasiness hovered over the UAMCC constantly in it's early days of establishing that basic blue print for an association. Questions of whether or not a new association could actually blossom from the ranks of the contractor community were a common place not only on the different industry related BBS's but also throughout the industry. Caution seems to be the most appropriate word that would best describe how our industry felt about yet once again another group of people trying to establish a national organization.

All of us that has felt the pulse of the industry over the years could not help but think that the UAMCC was going to be just another quick fix scheme in which it's efforts would only go so far. We have time and time again witnessed disappointment and frustration about our industry as it relates to progress on the national stage.

Our contractor community over the years often felt as if they were not offered or giving a voice concerning our industry. Often times disappointment and anger rang through the halls of the various BBS's and Round Tables throughout our country because decisions were made that necessarily did not represent the voice of the contractor.

It is this train of thought that has hampered our industry in the past. It is this train of thought that caused all of us to be skeptical of an idea that made sense. It is the history of our industry that has interfered with our progress today. No single person or group is at fault for causing our industry woes as we see them. It was a collective effort through a serious of small and significant events over the last 6 years that has landed us to where we are today. This industry has been hurt for quite sometime people. At the same time it has remained hopeful that something would occur within itself that would shake off the self imposed train of thought that is reference above. For those that have tenure in our industry can only but acknowledge that the short narrative above does describe our industry of yesterday. Though these historical pitfalls would cause anyone to lose hope or interest in our industries well being, however some managed to remain confident and upbeat about the prospect for a bright future.

Today I come before you humbled. Today is a day that I have been waiting for for 13 months. I can still remember like it was yesterday when I first announced my plan to establish the UAMCCC as a contractor driven association. That day was probably the most lonely day I felt in a very long time. It was a day filled with much speculation and assertiveness by individuals that also share a tremendous amount of passion and respect for an industry that all of us call our profession.

I received the lone phone call that day from a gentleman that I hold a high level of respect for. It was Bob Williamson of Pressure Tek. I am sure he was watching the BBS's as the "assertiveness" played out on all the boards and receiving phone calls from concerned contractors when I announced my plans to the industry.

Bob started the conversation off by saying, "Not a very good day for you ..huh?" My reply to him was simply, "No Bob....I have certainly seen better days".

We spoke on different matters relating to the "assertiveness" that was going on that day and he said something that I will always remember. He said, "Carlos...can you do this? Because there will not be a second chance for this ever in our industry!"

I replied to Bob by saying, "yes...I can do this". His response was, "I believe in you and I think you can do it also....what do you need?" I told Bob that I would need about a year time frame. I mentioned that I will be recruiting a solid team made up of cutting edge business contractors that can think out of the box and be able to deal with the B.S. that will ultimately try to interweave itself into the UAMCC fabric. But the most important thing that I asked Bob was that I needed some room to work this in the industry...I needed some breathing room. His last comment to me was that he could not make any promises but he would make a couple phone calls about the assertiveness that was going on that day and he said he would see what he could do. And with that he said...Good Luck Carlos!

Bob, thank you for that call that day. Your call provided the affirmation that I needed to embark on this journey. I owe you a great deal of gratitude and I told you many times since then I will never forget that conversation. Thank you again my friend.

Today is here for the United Association of Mobile Contract Cleaners. We as a collective group of pressure washng professional are on the eve of accomplishing a feat that was unimaginable not to long ago in our industry. Today is the first of many days that we can proudly shrug off those that doubted our vision and we can rightfully claim our existence for all to see and succeed in. Our purpose from the begining was keen. Our direction was deliberate and calculated. From the begining our "transition" met every challenge and it was with these challenges that prompted our industry to be even more determined to allow the transition team to see this through to the end.

The United Assocation of Mobile Contract Cleaners Transition Team members are a special crew. I for one cannot begin to tell you the personal sacrifices that each one of these members endured over the last 13 months. Each member of my team brought a unique balance to the UAMCC in which all of them deserve so much but they asked for so little. As I marvel at their zeal and accomplishments I am reminded also that we could not have accomplished any of this without the enduring support from the industry itself.

Though we lost Terry Miller and Scott Stone along the way as TT members I am obligated to extend my sincerest gratitude and thanks for their contribution, insight and perspective during their tenure with the UAMCC.

The Transition Team of today are individuals that deserve the credit and recognition. Jeff L, Ken F, Michael K., Rob H., David V. and Scott M....guys I have always told you this in passing but today I want to say to each and everyone one that I am honored and humbled that each of you took this chance with me. You six guys are the real reason why I am able to even type this thread. We have been through much this past year. Early on was difficult for all of us. We each had to find our place within the ranks of the team. However we all worked in unison with each other for one purpose. And that was to ensure we kept the idealogy of "how does this benefit the contractor?" in the forefront at all times. 'Balanced and fair' will always keep the UAMCC on the right path and I thank you Ken, Jeff, Scott, Rob, Michale and David for forging this path for the industry.

Our early UAMCC supporters ultimately was the decisive moment for me in which I knew that we had established that invisible "bridge" of trust and belief with the industry. Suporters such as Don Phelps, Jen and Eric F, Mathew, John T., Beth & Rod, Robert H., Pete M., Michael T, Rick P., Tim F., Scott D., Henry B, Ron M., Scott P., Jake C., Mark M. and the many, many other contractors in thh industry that gave unselfishly to the UAMCC cause. Thank you for your belief in the UAMCC. Thank you for putting your differences aside to evolve as the first group of contractors and supplier members of the UAMCC. Your actions on that day will forever be engraved as the day we as an industry 'turned the corner'. Thank you for all that you have done to keep the vision of the UAMCC going.

The day has come to ready the UAMCC. The first wave of benefits are in place. At last count the UAMCC will launch with approximately 18 core benefits with many more to follow. The benefits are for you to use and enjoy. Some can be viewed as critical ones to help sustain your business all the way down to the ones that make life a little fun for you. Others will open up doors so that your pressure washing business can and will be profitable. Also ones that offer you the chance to sharpen up on your business infrastructure. The benefits are and will be plentiful from here on out and they can be found only in one place....the UAMCC. Membership Packets are being assembled this week for our anticipated launch on April 1st.

For those that are still unsure about the UAMCC. I ask you to give it a chance after we launch and if it is something that does not interest you...fair enough.

It has been a pleasure working with all of you over the last year and I wish to thank everyone for their support.

...until we launch!!!

Last edited:

Tim Fields

That is some sweet writing Carlos. Your passion always comes through in your writings about the UAMCC. I believe that it is your passion and drive that has allowed you to harness the energy of the TT and others that have supported the UAMCC along the way. :worshippy:

The transition team deserves to have their official portraits hung in the hallways of the UAMCC world headquarters. You guys have done an outstanding job. :Smiley-2010:

UAMCC All the way!!

Terry Miller

Carlos & TT,
You guy's have certainly stepped up to the plate. Now we will hit a Home Run. Everyone who donated time and effort deserve a pat on the back. The long haul is yet to come. The PDCA has been around since 1885. Guess what, it still is working on changes. Nothing will ever end. Please continue to support the UAMCC and it's Volunteers. They will make your business life better. I'd ask everyone to take this serious. This is not a format for sharing personal problems or trying to learn how to charge for your services. This is an organization by contractors for contractors. Meaning we are all here to help each one of us become better business people. Running our businesses with more profit and sharing growth ideas. I know most everyone will contribute to the growth of the UAMCC and we will be an organization looked at for the right answers. When we think of the UAMCC we should see profitable business men and women. Developing their business for a better life. Growing with an understanding of what is required to be the best. Thank you to all involved. I look forward to the next 13 months. Thank you.

Jeff LeCours

All I can say is I am very excited and can't wait to see the membership grow and bring our industry to our customers, residential, commercial, industrial and show them that we are a true trade. Show the customers we are professionals and that we stand proud as pressure washing contractors

Go UAMCC

Guy Blackmon

I only knew a little of what the UAMCC was about last year when my Wife and I attended the Myrtle Beach RT. Impressed does not describe what I witnessed when the TT Members and Carlos told us of the vision and direction of the UAMCC. I remember clearly telling my Wife "This Is A Group Of Business People I Want To Be Part Of" And it still holds true today!!!

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Not saying this in a negative way but I see alot of Barrack Obama in Carlos Gonzales. No I did not vote for Obama but the more I see and here from the man the more I realize he is speaking from his heart and he means what he says. There are alot of Nay believers in Barrack as I was and Rush Limbau is but regardless our President Barrack forges ahead to keep his vision intact. THis is where I see the major similarities betwee Carlos and Barack and for this Registerd Republican I say "God Bless" to the both of them for never ever giving up. Americans are the most resilient people in the world and these two by just living life by example that there is no better way to show this great country of ours that we SHALL SUCCEED. Un a lessor not but very inportant never the less the UAMCC SHALL ALSO SUCCEED. Great job to the President and also great Job to one Carlos Gonzales and to his Hand picked Transitional Team members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott Davis

Not saying this in a negative way but I see alot of Barrack Obama in Carlos Gonzales. No I did not vote for Obama but the more I see and here from the man the more I realize he is speaking from his heart and he means what he says. There are alot of Nay believers in Barrack as I was and Rush Limbau is but regardless our President Barrack forges ahead to keep his vision intact. THis is where I see the major similarities betwee Carlos and Barack and for this Registerd Republican I say "God Bless" to the both of them for never ever giving up. Americans are the most resilient people in the world and these two by just living life by example that there is no better way to show this great country of ours that we SHALL SUCCEED. Un a lessor not but very inportant never the less the UAMCC SHALL ALSO SUCCEED. Great job to the President and also great Job to one Carlos Gonzales and to his Hand picked Transitional Team members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a post I could have a field day with. :yes:

Carlos Gonzales

Lets not get carried away with the comparison's. I understand what you are trying to say John. I appreciate it.

As far as the comparison...a Barrack Obama...I AM NOT...I am just Carlos.

With all due respect to our President....the UAMCC has a Stimulus Package that will work.....:rolleyes:

Ken Fenner

This is the poster carlos sent to all of us on the transition team. i have it hanging in my office.

Carlos_hope.jpg

Terry Miller

Thanks Ken. I have the Carlos hanging in my office!
Carlos, BS aside, you have the respect and admiration of many posters on the UAMCC. Hopefully they will also become members and support the Organization. Keep up the great work. See you next Friday.

Carlos Gonzales

That is some sweet writing Carlos. Your passion always comes through in your writings about the UAMCC. I believe that it is your passion and drive that has allowed you to harness the energy of the TT and others that have supported the UAMCC along the way. :worshippy:

The transition team deserves to have their official portraits hung in the hallways of the UAMCC world headquarters. You guys have done an outstanding job. :Smiley-2010:

UAMCC All the way!!

Thank you Tim for your encouraging words and support.