• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

low pressure

E-P-W

Yes, I am looking in to adding low pressure cleaning to my business.
Can you give me any help info on low pressure cleaning?

Chad Johnson

Depends how you want to apply.
If using a pressure washer, low pressure can be achieved by down streaming. Which is basically the use of larger size nozzles that reduce your pressure. With the right chemicals, the use of low pressure can clean alot of things.

Heres a chart to help.

Attachments

• C_Nozzle2.pdf
    14.7 KB · Views: 35

Daniel H

Owen, They don't really make a "low" pressure pwer... Like Johnson said you can achieve this with nozzles... Like one of my machines is a 5.5@3500 I use a downstreamer to apply soap then instead of using the the "correct" nozzle which is a #5.5 to rinse I use a #15 this drops my pressure down, to around 1200psi @ 5.5gpm which some will say this is still to much pressure but I stay back and just mist the surface.. this allows me to still clean the block or brick on the foundation.. around here the is a LOT of clay stains on houses.. by using the #15 nozzle this allows me to clean the clay with out changing my nozzle.... plus if you use to big of a nozzle w/ a ds it will keep sucking chem and you will have to have a rinse tank (fresh water) to put your ds hose in.. Thats another reason I use #15 nozzle...

E-P-W

Thanks for the advice, Johnson and Daniel

I have a ps that is 5gpm at 3000, with down stream set up.

I don't understand the last part ,

plus if you use to big of a nozzle w/ a ds it will keep sucking chem and you will have to have a rinse tank (fresh water) to put your ds hose in.. Thats another reason I use #15 nozzle...

plainpainter

then instead of using the the "correct" nozzle which is a #5.5 to rinse I use a #15 this drops my pressure down, to around 1200psi @ 5.5gpm which some will say this is still to much pressure but I stay back and just mist the surface.. t

A #15 only produces about 500psi with that machine not 1200psi. What most guys don't understand is that the 'inline' pressure isn't the actual pressure felt by the substrate from a shooting stream of water. a person can stand 3 feet in front of a so called 'high pressure' #15 tip and not feel so much pressure as what comes out of a garden hose.