PDA

View Full Version : Mr. CleanŽ Magic EraserŽ Extra Power

Damaris Sutton
04-03-2009, 01:20 AM
How many of you have tried Mr. CleanŽ Magic EraserŽ Extra Power in the past. I have things that work well when I clean down and spot prime say water stains on interior walls before I paint, but I was wanting to know if any of you have used it in the past for any around the house chores.

also, someone told me you can use it to remove heavy stains on roofs when in a pinch. I know that would not be an optimal situation, but if it were to that point has anyone ever tried it?

Just a late night question. Can't seem to sleep right now.

John Orr
04-03-2009, 04:41 AM
A great product - I buy in bulk at Sam's Club. With use, the Magic Eraser "dissolves", so the rougher the surface, the faster it disappears. Totally would not work on an asphalt-shingle roof, and is impractical on just about any rough surface.

Jeff Wible
04-03-2009, 05:14 AM
You asked me in a PM about Artillery Fungus,...Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works to remove these but it's slow. There is another way that I've come up with and it works easy and fast,...not ready to disclose it yet.

As for your question "What is AF",..you can visit my site that is listed in my signature. There are several links to various sources that will explain it for you.

Jeff

Chris Francis
04-03-2009, 06:32 AM
You asked me in a PM about Artillery Fungus,...Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works to remove these but it's slow. There is another way that I've come up with and it works easy and fast,...not ready to disclose it yet.

As for your question "What is AF",..you can visit my site that is listed in my signature. There are several links to various sources that will explain it for you.

Jeff
When will you be able to disclose your way cleaning AF.

Ken Fenner
04-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Jeff, if you found a way that doesn't utilize high pressure, excessive heat or manual scrubbing you could sell an e-pamphlet and make a fortune. :worshippy:

plainpainter
04-03-2009, 08:38 AM
I found a way to remove it last fall with all low pressure.

Scott Davis
04-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Would you care to share Dan?

James VanHandle
04-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Jeff, if you found a way that doesn't utilize high pressure, excessive heat or manual scrubbing you could sell an e-pamphlet and make a fortune. :worshippy:

This has been an ongoing question for years. What cleans AF? The whole reason for this board is to help each other out of situations. If you have a product or way of removing these please tell us. There have been many PW contractors who say they can remove AF but to this day they were all wrong and just pulling a fast one. We are all here like a big family, wouldnt you tell a family member how to get rid of these little rascals?

Share with us what you have found out dont hide it.

Jim Vanhandel

Jeff Wible
04-03-2009, 10:25 AM
I am going to do it a full season before saying anything. But it has worked very well so far.

Ken, I have thought about a way to profit from this other than the service end of it. And there is no high pressure. Actually very low pressure. It was really more of a personal goal for me than anything else.

Jeff

plainpainter
04-03-2009, 10:38 AM
I've chosen not to share the technique - only because it's a whole heck of a lot easier to tell folks it won't come off. Because if I tell people how to take off Artillery Fungus - it requires extras steps and chems - and I just know that guys will incorporate back into their normal house washing prices - and there you go, now we have to do more work to do an acceptable job for the same pay. And I am just sick and tired of 'locals' robbing my ideas - perhaps in two years I will share the technique.

Scott Davis
04-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Ok Dan. Its a good thing most guys on these boards dont have your thought process, otherwise there would be alot of newer guys doing things the wrong way and making the industry look bad.

I think it would just be a shame if we were held to the standard of doing a job completely. :rolleyes:

Don M.
04-03-2009, 11:05 AM
I've chosen not to share the technique - only because it's a whole heck of a lot easier to tell folks it won't come off. Because if I tell people how to take off Artillery Fungus - it requires extras steps and chems - and I just know that guys will incorporate back into their normal house washing prices - and there you go, now we have to do more work to do an acceptable job for the same pay. And I am just sick and tired of 'locals' robbing my ideas - perhaps in two years I will share the technique.

How many fricking times have people tried to help you Dan? How many times have guys tried to help you get your website doing better, etc. And then there is a great RT close to you and you use some crap excuse that you cant make it. Whatever man...

Your the one on here robbing ideas. And in two years you'll be out of business still living at home.

Back to the ignore list you go...

plainpainter
04-03-2009, 12:07 PM
I've helped alot of people with alot of things - Don - it's hardly been a one way street. And it's my choice whether or not I attend these RT's - it's a free country, I have every right not to go to them. I've shared more ideas with certain individuals in private - To say I have been 'robbing' ideas on these boards would be a tad presumptive on your part - there hasn't been very much good knowledge on these boards for a very long time to rob from.

Hope your are doing well, Don, been doing tons of estimates lately myself. Have a couple of jobs lined up - with the money will be able to get my steering column fixed and stay on top of my bills. And took the machine out of winter storage yesterday, flushed all the glycol - and all systems are go - ready to make money!

Damaris Sutton
04-03-2009, 04:50 PM
If I knew something about a subject I would share. You all have gotten to know me ask the question man probably, but thats what someone who wants to discover the truth does.

Ken, Matt, Barry, Jim in NJ, Thad and many others know I always have questions, but even though they are a lot larger than average outfits they still answer the questions that would seem a little elementary. It would be as if someone asked me a painting question. To me it would be...cute because thats all I have done all my life until recently.

I would however share any secrets I k now because I simply think there is no one better than my technique, problem solving skills, coatings choice and quality. Not trying to be ****y, but there it is all laid out. I would not feel like you all were my "Competition" oh no, they will take all my jobs away from me. If I told you guys how to pickle wood the old fashioned way and if you actually could do it better than me just by hearing how I do it then I need to go throw rocks at myself.

Not saying this is the case for hush hush lips about AF, but just how I would feel if someone asked me something.

Jeff Wible
04-03-2009, 05:44 PM
I will be disclosing my method in about a year. AF is a different issue than most problems. The answer wasn't easy, and it's not something that I,... or apparently Dan want to disclose to people who haven't done the research to figure it out. Just to much time and effort into it to just hand it over.

On that note, I've shared lots of info with people over the years on various boards. I'm sure there are guys here that aren't disclosing every trick in their bag.

Jeff

ccpressureclean
04-03-2009, 05:52 PM
I find it unethical to not disclose ideas on a board designed for sharing ideas.

Jeff Wible
04-03-2009, 06:00 PM
I find it unethical to not disclose ideas on a board designed for sharing ideas.

Honestly, why are you trying to stir up trouble by highlighting something from another thread that I was involved with. These things will go on and on,... and I choose to move on. I'm not here for that and I have to catch myself sometimes because I'm guilty of it as well,... I just decide to end my part in it.

I will end this discussion here, as I did on the other thread.

Jeff

topcoat
04-03-2009, 06:51 PM

Wow, is this technique more advanced than the breakthrough you announced the paint forum (but declined to share) in which you are able to prevent interior oil enamels from yellowing? Man, you sure did spend alot of years focusing on the wrong stuff. Good strategy now though, keep these guys in technician mode trying to catch up with your application prowess while you motor ahead in entrepeneur mode.

Excellent differentiation strategy, Daniel. You have the competitive advantage finally. You mentioned in another post that you are landing jobs. No more lingering in misery on every painting and washing board for you anymore!

Scott Davis
04-03-2009, 11:57 PM

I am going to come to Jeffs defense. He has said he will share his idea once he knows it works 100% of the time. Which I think is a good thing so that a bunch of people are not out experimenting on customers houses.

Dans comment "only because it's a whole heck of a lot easier to tell folks it won't come off" is what irked me."

I would get into why, but I think it speaks for itself.

Damaris Sutton
04-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Wow, is this technique more advanced than the breakthrough you announced the paint forum (but declined to share) in which you are able to prevent interior oil enamels from yellowing? Man, you sure did spend alot of years focusing on the wrong stuff. Good strategy now though, keep these guys in technician mode trying to catch up with your application prowess while you motor ahead in entrepeneur mode.

Excellent differentiation strategy, Daniel. You have the competitive advantage finally. You mentioned in another post that you are landing jobs. No more lingering in misery on every painting and washing board for you anymore!

The secret to beating the yellowing in oil is to not use the crap. It is outdated. Use Waterborne acrylic. It dries fast, so if you are a slow stroker stay away. It will not yellow and is hard as nails if you prep right. If I remember. The last time I used oil I did so with Duron?

I think something with ammonia makes the oil yellow. Thats the least of its worries. It is harsh to work with especially in a occupied residence or hospital. It also becomes brittle overtime.

plainpainter
04-04-2009, 07:11 AM
On that note, I've shared lots of info with people over the years on various boards. I'm sure there are guys here that aren't disclosing every trick in their bag.

Jeff

Bingo! Jeff you certainly have shared loads of info - as I feel so have I. We both probably have some 'goodies' in our bag that perhaps we won't mind sharing in the next 2-3 years, but for now represents our edge in our local markets. And for now sharing how to remove A.F. is not high on my priority list. I don't see why guys care so much? It's a pita process - 50% of my prospects aren't even receptive to being upsold on gutter scrubbing, and the mention of it automatically means it gets added in free - because the 'other' guys included it as well, even though they mentioned it. Nah - I accidently came upon how to remove the stuff last summer. But I've mentioned it a couple of times - and people thought I was trying to chisel them. Now I just say it can't be removed, along with gutter brushing - it's been relegated to the 'Adding' value department if I want to close a really big job on the spot.

John Orr
04-04-2009, 07:16 AM
I find nothing wrong with a company not disclosing proprietary information. If I had spent years and many hours developing ways to do something that others can't (I have - don't ask!) I wouldn't be too exited about sharing that info - especially in a forum that anyone - customers and competition - have access to. Some will share this type of info in PM's when asked politely, by folks that also contribute.

The amount of information shared on this - and other - bbs is outstanding, but don't ask Coke for their formula and then get upset when they won't share it.

plainpainter
04-04-2009, 07:40 AM

You are correct Scott - pretty soon I won't be visiting these boards for very much longer.

As to the oil paint not yellowing - again, why solve an issue that would force oneself out of multiple repaints? But here is a clue, if you have a friend that cooks - and that friend cuts up and skins a bunch of apples - what would that person put on the apples to prevent them from not browning from the air?

BTW - mentioning I can clean artillery fungus is not a competitive edge for me. I don't even bring it up, Scott. I will however tell them that it can't come off - and as far as I am concerned, nobody knows how to take it off. What I have found out Scott - before I came to my discovery - when I was on the premises and described how it wouldnt come off - most folks seemed to be offended - or would outright tell me that it would! So I would pleasantly shake their hands and tell them to have a nice day - and that I could not accept a job under their requirements that I knew I couldn't achieve. It happend the other day - homeowner had 3 year old splashed on oil based deck stain on adjacent vinyl siding. They said the other company could clean it off - and I told them it wouldn't come off. I've stripped decks with full strength HD-80 and slopped it on to adjacent vinyl - and in each case it didn't make a dent into stain slopped onto the vinyl - perhaps lightened it.

Back to the removing artillery fungus - I can get in the groove and wash 3+ homes a day by myself. If I have to add the process of removing artillergy fungus - I don't know if I couldn't even complete the second house wash in that day. Why tell everyone how to remove something - that I know with absolute certainty guys are now going tell homeowners it will come off - and will do so at their cheapo pricing. If I knew guys would charge triple their normal house wash rate to clean this stuff off - sure I would tell guys - but I know that ain't gonna happen.

BTW - the magic ingredient for making oil based paints not yellow is thus, ready Scott?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So what' payroll burden for you Scott? 35% of gross revenue? Did it ever occur to you that a $15/hr work costs your company $20 when you add in all the payroll taxes and comp? So if you do the calculation - you have to charge a $57+ man-hour - based on a $hitty salary of $15. You pay your professionals that little, Scott? For your better homes and garden work?

And there you are on those other forums saying how you can't get work if you charge that much. So that just tells me - you are like the other idiots that hire 20+ guys cover payroll burden, add in $5/head, and call that a 100k+ salary.....

Jeff Wible
04-04-2009, 07:54 AM
Thats great info Dan, although I'm not a painter, it's fun to "know" things.
Great for conversation sometimes, and can make me look smarter than I am, Ha, Ha...

Jeff

Scott Davis
04-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Well looks like Dan has done it again. :ban:

topcoat
04-04-2009, 08:14 AM
Does the UAMCC offer anger management to non members who spread misery and misinformation on the forum?

topcoat
04-04-2009, 08:21 AM
BTW - the magic ingredient for making oil based paints not yellow is thus, ready Scott?

ASCORBYL PALMITATE - A.K.A. Oil based Vitamin C - you dumb piece of $hit. You happy now - Burt-Man? You see Vitamin C prevents oxidation which is what you see as 'yellowing' - and the modification of vitamin to palm oil is what makes the vitamin C soluable in an oil based paint. You really irk me you crud faced idiot. You and your better homes and garden paint company - when I know the truth about you - you are just another lowballing slimebucket who adds $5 per head on top of payroll. You are no better than the rest of the idiots on these forums - why would I share with the likes of you as how to remove A.F.??!?!?!?!? Now you know how to make oil paint not yellow - I hope it makes you want to go and jerk off.

So what' payroll burden for you Scott? 35% of gross revenue? Did it ever occur to you that a $15/hr work costs your company $20 when you add in all the payroll taxes and comp? So if you do the calculation - you have to charge a $57+ man-hour - based on a $hitty salary of $15. You pay your professionals that little, Scott? For your better homes and garden work?

And there you are on those other forums saying how you can't get work if you charge that much. So that just tells me - you are like the other idiots that hire 20+ guys cover payroll burden, add in $5/head, and call that a 100k+ salary.....

This might be my favorite all time Dan the Plainpainter rant of all time on any forum.

Btw, I had no idea my working relationship with BHG was bugging you so much. Its been great for my business. How many guys did you hire between November and March? Did you do any jobs?

Get yourself some people skills and grow a business. Theres more to life than cleaning gutters until you figure out how to make a paint business work. You dont need capital, Dan. The right attitude will take you far.

deach
04-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Wow......Honestly all I can say.

Scott Davis
04-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Wow......Honestly all I can say.

I agree:yes:

Doug Dahlke
04-04-2009, 12:22 PM
I find nothing wrong with a company not disclosing proprietary information. If I had spent years and many hours developing ways to do something that others can't (I have - don't ask!) I wouldn't be too exited about sharing that info - especially in a forum that anyone - customers and competition - have access to. Some will share this type of info in PM's when asked politely, by folks that also contribute.

The amount of information shared on this - and other - bbs is outstanding, but don't ask Coke for their formula and then get upset when they won't share it.

I agree John. Why should someone be expected to just give away knowledge they have had to work hard to gain that gives them a competitive advantage on a public forum? I would really like to know what these guys have discovered but I certainly don't expect them to just post it here. There are plenty of people here who share info and help others but keep some things to themselves. Nothing wrong with that.

topcoat
04-04-2009, 01:06 PM
John and Doug

I agree that there are alot of matters related to our individual businesses that should not be shared on an open forum. I dont think any of us fully open our business playbook online for the world to see.

The difference here is Dan has a history of being one of the most vocal (in a negative way) and needy forum contributors on the internet. I know alot of guys who have spent alot of time (both online and on the phone) trying to help Dan out of his neverending funk of cynicism and hopelessness. One would think that when Dan has a chance to give back, he might consider it, especially on a non-critical to business success technical matter. Or at least, not choose the condescenscion of walking into a thread and basically saying "I have a solution to this problem, but I am not going to share." Sometimes its better to say nothing at all, much less spiral into yet another classless rant. I really just hope he gets so busy that he has no time for forums anymore. That would be win win.

Damaris Sutton
04-04-2009, 02:06 PM
John and Doug

I agree that there are alot of matters related to our individual businesses that should not be shared on an open forum. I dont think any of us fully open our business playbook online for the world to see.

The difference here is Dan has a history of being one of the most vocal (in a negative way) and needy forum contributors on the internet. I know alot of guys who have spent alot of time (both online and on the phone) trying to help Dan out of his neverending funk of cynicism and hopelessness. One would think that when Dan has a chance to give back, he might consider it, especially on a non-critical to business success technical matter. Or at least, not choose the condescenscion of walking into a thread and basically saying "I have a solution to this problem, but I am not going to share." Sometimes its better to say nothing at all, much less spiral into yet another classless rant. I really just hope he gets so busy that he has no time for forums anymore. That would be win win.

Off topic a bit, but I looked at your site and see you offer venetian finishes. Can you tell me a little in the forum or should we just keep it all to ourselves? Our little secret...muhahahahahahahah. J/K

topcoat
04-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Off topic a bit, but I looked at your site and see you offer venetian finishes. Can you tell me a little in the forum or should we just keep it all to ourselves? Our little secret...muhahahahahahahah. J/K

Jimmy

I'll tell you anything I can about it. On the actual application process, I am not the expert in my company. But I would be happy to help. That was my point, information related to the technical sides of our trades doesnt have to be top secret. I could tell everyone on the internet how to do it, but only a small percentage would be able to execute it well. We have a formally trained artist on our crew who does all of our faux. He brought the venetian to us when we hired him. While I should not be the guy to apply it, I know all of the steps and products to the process, because I have to estimate and sell them. How to estimate and sell them may be the part that I wouldnt post.

I think your question was rhetorical, but it does illustrate the point about internet disclosure.

Damaris Sutton
04-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Jimmy

I'll tell you anything I can about it. On the actual application process, I am not the expert in my company. But I would be happy to help. That was my point, information related to the technical sides of our trades doesnt have to be top secret. I could tell everyone on the internet how to do it, but only a small percentage would be able to execute it well. We have a formally trained artist on our crew who does all of our faux. He brought the venetian to us when we hired him. While I should not be the guy to apply it, I know all of the steps and products to the process, because I have to estimate and sell them. How to estimate and sell them may be the part that I wouldnt post.

I think your question was rhetorical, but it does illustrate the point about internet disclosure.

Yeah, I was actually coving both bases. To illustrate and to inquire. I can take the post either in here or in private. Its funny with me about coatings. Although I on one hand would like to move more to the pw/deck resto and all that other service than to paint I will always find myself involved with painting. The good thing is when Winter rolls around I will be very busy while others are not working. Not that it is good my friends and colleagues alike will be out of work. You know what I mean.

Painting is a comfort zone. No matter what I do in painting I am just a natural that can pick it up. Either I will pick it up or break it off as Jim Carey eluded to in liar liar.

I have been interested in this style for several years now. If you could let me know things like pricing/products/promotion in private mail please do so.

Thanks

topcoat
04-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I was actually coving both bases. To illustrate and to inquire. I can take the post either in here or in private. Its funny with me about coatings. Although I on one hand would like to move more to the pw/deck resto and all that other service than to paint I will always find myself involved with painting. The good thing is when Winter rolls around I will be very busy while others are not working. Not that it is good my friends and colleagues alike will be out of work. You know what I mean.

Painting is a comfort zone. No matter what I do in painting I am just a natural that can pick it up. Either I will pick it up or break it off as Jim Carey eluded to in liar liar.

I have been interested in this style for several years now. If you could let me know things like pricing/products/promotion in private mail please do so.

Thanks

I just sent you a message. Let me know if you have other questions on it.

Ken Fenner
04-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Who knew that a Magic Eraser thread could run afoul?

Dan, let's try not to get into the name calling and bashing stuff. That forces my hand to censor and take actions tht are unneccessary. I'm asking as a friend a colleague for you to stay on point and not make personal attacks. Heated is fine. If you want to be cynical, that's not a forum violation. When you refer to someone as an idiot, or imply that they are an idiot.. that's not cool. Rise above that stuff.

Scott Millen
04-04-2009, 05:15 PM
I have to honestly say that I hadn't been reading this thread, but saw it explode today and read the whole thing.

There are a couple of points I'd like to make here.

1. Nobody can or should be compelled to share one iota of information on the boards. If it is in your head, and nowhere else, it is yours.

2. It is rude, in the least, to mention that you have a technique that works, but that you aren't sharing. This is preening, self-seeking behavior best left on the schoolyard where we all learned it. I would respect any poster more if they did this, and then had the actual stones to add, "NYAH NYAH NEE-NYAH NAH!!"

3. Daniel. I have defended you on these boards, and even on the phone. You don't owe me a thing for that. You do, however, owe this board at least enough respect to not come here to publish obscene diatribes against those with whom you disagree. You should be ashamed on a professional level, as well as on a personal level. I am appalled that you would pull a stunt like that.

As I see it, I have the power to edit, delete, or move the following: Your post, this thread, and your account. I don't do that. I am going to ask that you reconsider your words here, and allow you to do as you will with them. When (if?) you edit your post, I will edit this one. Check your PMs.

I believe the topic was Magic Eraser, please continue.

Damaris Sutton
04-04-2009, 05:55 PM
I believe the topic was Magic Eraser, please continue.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Magic eraser will "e-sponge" this whole issue?

Pretty good play on words I think. :biggrin:

Jeff Wible
04-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Magic Eraser is something to keep on hand. Great for removing marks on vinyl siding or the vinyl railing that seems to be so popular.

Jeff

Damaris Sutton
04-04-2009, 06:32 PM
Magic Eraser is something to keep on hand. Great for removing marks on vinyl siding or the vinyl railing that seems to be so popular.

Jeff

Thats what my Wife says. I figure since I am a painter and as much as they want to change color in the kids rooms it would be a waste for me. Thats the one draw back of being a coatings GURU lol I can do it with half my brain tied behind my back.

James VanHandle
04-04-2009, 07:08 PM

Can you pm me and share? Im not in your area.

Jim Vanhandel:yes:

deach
04-04-2009, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE 2. It is rude, in the least, to mention that you have a technique that works, but that you aren't sharing. This is preening, self-seeking behavior best left on the schoolyard where we all learned it. I would respect any poster more if they did this, and then had the actual stones to add, "NYAH NYAH NEE-NYAH NAH!!" [/QUOTE]

This is probably the best answer I could have hoped for. I wanted to say something similar (not as eloquently) but was having problems coming up with a way to say it.

I'm not gonna comment on any of the rest, I want to keep this a professional forum and, hopefully it will stay that way.

Mathew Johnson
04-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Dan,

I want to thank you for raising the level of professionalism in the industry and on this BBS and here at the UAMCC. Your post above, I must say, is over the top. Of what, I am not sure. With all due respect Sir, my customers have a chance of stumbling across this BBS and to be quite honest, I really don't wanting them seeing the illustrious post. You have outdone yourself and you should be proud.... Not many people would have the guts or ignorance to post such a comment. Thanks man, for your unique and aggressive demeanor as it has put you into a group that you can now call your own.

I met Scott in Albany at the event. He pulled up in a Mercedes, if he is lowballing, the you should follow his lead. His steering column was intact. When you get a chance, man up and apologize, then edit your post. I am so looking forward to meeting you at the next Northeast Seminar.

Dude, take this crap elsewhere. Thanks

Mathew Johnson
04-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Well looks like Dan has done it again. :ban:

Well said Scott

Carlos Gonzales
04-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Is 8:00 o'clock my time and I am just being made aware of this. Profanity and name calling is not acceptable here. Dan is taking a time out for a few weeks!!

You are correct Scott - pretty soon I won't be visiting these boards for very much longer.

As to the oil paint not yellowing - again, why solve an issue that would force oneself out of multiple repaints? But here is a clue, if you have a friend that cooks - and that friend cuts up and skins a bunch of apples - what would that person put on the apples to prevent them from not browning from the air?

BTW - mentioning I can clean artillery fungus is not a competitive edge for me. I don't even bring it up, Scott. I will however tell them that it can't come off - and as far as I am concerned, nobody knows how to take it off. What I have found out Scott - before I came to my discovery - when I was on the premises and described how it wouldnt come off - most folks seemed to be offended - or would outright tell me that it would! So I would pleasantly shake their hands and tell them to have a nice day - and that I could not accept a job under their requirements that I knew I couldn't achieve. It happend the other day - homeowner had 3 year old splashed on oil based deck stain on adjacent vinyl siding. They said the other company could clean it off - and I told them it wouldn't come off. I've stripped decks with full strength HD-80 and slopped it on to adjacent vinyl - and in each case it didn't make a dent into stain slopped onto the vinyl - perhaps lightened it.

Back to the removing artillery fungus - I can get in the groove and wash 3+ homes a day by myself. If I have to add the process of removing artillergy fungus - I don't know if I couldn't even complete the second house wash in that day. Why tell everyone how to remove something - that I know with absolute certainty guys are now going tell homeowners it will come off - and will do so at their cheapo pricing. If I knew guys would charge triple their normal house wash rate to clean this stuff off - sure I would tell guys - but I know that ain't gonna happen.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Damaris Sutton
04-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Is 8:00 o'clock my time and I am just being made aware of this. Profanity and name calling is not acceptable here. Dan is taking a time out for a few weeks!!

Like I said before. Its all over Artillery Fungus and Magic Eraser. Apparently this is like Chlorine and Dawn 2xultra antibacterial.

The way I see it I will not beg a person to let me in on their secret process. If they want to tell thats fine. If not thats fine and I will function on somehow. I also know that even though you have the tool if you do not have the technique it will not work.

It reminds me of the Boomstick from Army of Darkness. He knew what it was and how to use it. The people who he used it on had no clue and if they did have it in their grasp they would most likely hurt themselves anyhow.

Since I have not made my living killing AF I suppose I will make out alright.

How many of you guys in here who only PW know how to cut in a laser straight line color against color? I do. I know how to perform it. I can tell you how through prop tool and technique, but in all actuality you may have a easier time using that HD paint pad thingermabobber.

Florin Nutu
04-04-2009, 11:37 PM
I prefer the Lowes thingamajig better.:rolleyes:

Scott Davis
04-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Dan,

I want to thank you for raising the level of professionalism in the industry and on this BBS and here at the UAMCC. Your post above, I must say, is over the top. Of what, I am not sure. With all due respect Sir, my customers have a chance of stumbling across this BBS and to be quite honest, I really don't wanting them seeing the illustrious post. You have outdone yourself and you should be proud.... Not many people would have the guts or ignorance to post such a comment. Thanks man, for your unique and aggressive demeanor as it has put you into a group that you can now call your own.

I met Scott in Albany at the event. He pulled up in a Mercedes, if he is lowballing, the you should follow his lead. His steering column was intact. When you get a chance, man up and apologize, then edit your post. I am so looking forward to meeting you at the next Northeast Seminar.

Dude, take this crap elsewhere. Thanks

Well now maybe Scott B. is the one who's being selfish here. :yes:

If he is driving a Mercedes and Dan is not, then Scott needs to share the wealth a little!!!:got-hooligan:Hahahahaha

Damaris Sutton
04-05-2009, 12:33 AM
I prefer the Lowes thingamajig better.:rolleyes:

Well mine was the upgrade you low ball hack. geesh where do they find these people...:Smiley-2119:

Marc Cournoyer
04-15-2009, 10:53 PM
soooo... whats the secret formula for shotgun fungas ??? the chemists need to figure this one out quick , so we can all get out of this recession :worshippy:

Damaris Sutton
04-15-2009, 11:31 PM
I am working with a chemist who I am friends with. If I was not friends I could not afford his advice :>) I have given him several problems to work on and he is making good progress. It is all in mathematical and chemical names as of now, so I could not make heads or tails with trying to understand it. When I say chemical terms I do not mean like SH. I mean deep compositions.

I am of the thinking that there is nothing that can not be removed. He also is working on a chemical that can remove gum without hot water.

When I find out something I will be taking checks made payable to Colonial Power Washing And Painting. J/k

cmturner
04-17-2009, 11:12 AM
This has nothing to do with Artiliary fungus but instead it has to do with the Magic Eraser.

If you get a home with some silicone left over on the windows from new construction, then just bust out the little sponge and go to town. Makes silicone removal much easier.:biggrin:

Jfife
04-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Dan,

He pulled up in a Mercedes, if he is lowballing, the you should follow his lead. His steering column was intact.

Bwahahahaha!!! That is one of the funniest things I've ever read!!:biggrin: I always find these threads too late.

topcoat
04-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Bwahahahaha!!! That is one of the funniest things I've ever read!!:biggrin: I always find these threads too late.

I know...you're not laughing at me, you're laughing with me...:saai:

Ron Musgraves
11-20-2017, 09:20 PM
Huge Thread