• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

What an incredible run it has been

Ken Fenner

Well ladies and gents, I'll cut through the long soliloquy and try to make this brief. As I have mentioned many times on this BBS, I made a promise to help Carlos to get this organization launched. I've fulfilled that promise and now it is time for me to step back. The organization is solid and the remaining team members are accustomed to getting things accomplished. A part of me is saddened. These guys are like my brothers. I look at the future of the UAMCC and the agenda is loaded with tasks that are going to take this industry to a new level. Those tasks require a fair amount of manhours I no longer have the luxury of giving.

The other part of me is excited and invigorated that I can now return to status as contractor and businessman and provide support to the organization in a different way by joining my northern region brothers and sisters. New horizons, new goals.. that is what life is about.

Carlos, Mike, Scott, Rob, Jeff and David.. there are no words to describe how the interaction with you gentlemen has enhanced my life. Likewise to the contractors and distributors that have shown their support from day one of this endeavor. I hope that my contributions in some way positively influenced the direction of the UAMCC.

We are an organization! Still hard for me to believe the UAMCC is where it is at today. Lead on Carlos and transition team. I will always be in your corner.

Carlos Gonzales

Ken ... I will post later in this thread as I am heading out the door to try to save part of my Sunday. However, I will mention this one quick comment....You are a superstar and have brought so much to the UAMCC.

....more to come!

Well ladies and gents, I'll cut through the long soliloquy and try to make this brief. As I have mentioned many times on this BBS, I made a promise to help Carlos to get this organization launched. I've fulfilled that promise and now it is time for me to step back. The organization is solid and the remaining team members are accustomed to getting things accomplished. A part of me is saddened. These guys are like my brothers. I look at the future of the UAMCC and the agenda is loaded with tasks that are going to take this industry to a new level. Those tasks require a fair amount of manhours I no longer have the luxury of giving.

The other part of me is excited and ivigorated that I can now return to status as contractor and businessman and provide support to the organization in a different way by joining my northern region brothers and sisters. New horizons, new goals.. that is what life is about.

Carlos, Mike, Scott, Rob, Jeff and David.. there are no words to describe how the interaction with you gentlemen has enhanced my life. Likewise to the contractors and distributors that have shown their support from day one of this endeavor. I hope that my contributions in some way positively influenced the direction of the UAMCC.

We are an organization! Still hard for me to believe the UAMCC is where it is at today. Lead on Carlos and transition team. I will always be in your corner.

Gary Schell

All you guys did an awesome job rolling this train onto the tracks.

Can't wait until all the hurdles I'm jumping are cleared.:yes:

I've known many of you internetly a long time and have had the pleasure of speaking with many of you, only one face to face...

Get to work now Ken, I know you have calls to return:Smiley-2020:

Jeff LeCours

Ken Fenner has done a lot for the UAMCC. Ideas, guidance, thoughts, insight and just hard work is what Ken has contributed, for one common goal and that was to set up a good org for contractors by contractors.

Thanks Ken

Last edited:

Rob Huffman

Ken,
You know where you stand with me. And I know this was a long road you had taken. Thank you my friend for all you have done and given to the UAMCC. I know you have sacrificed alot of hours into this (especially in the webcave..lol) and now its time for you to enjoy your time my friend. We wish you nothing but the best.

Mathew Johnson

Ken, the countless hours you have put into this are unbelievable. You delivered in 5 star fashion for the organization providing an excellent and comprehensive website and an industry BBS that is one of professionalism (most of the time) and a learning resource for contractors new and old to the industry.

I look at your committment to getting this rolling and sit in awe. I understand your need to go run your business and sell some Restore-a-deck product. I think that you (and Scott Millen) have been instrumental in laying the electronic framework and platform that is the national gateway for customers, contractors, and vendors to access the UAMCC and all of it's great resources. Pressure Washing News, the website and the BBS will be a trilogy referred to in years to come as being instrumental in the UAMCC success and growth.

Thanks for coming through for the org! Well done man! Take a bow.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Ken--so many of us were in awe with the amount of energy and hard work you put into your tt responsibilities. Where you guys get the energy is beyond me. If you ever figure a way to bottle that energy then I'll be first in line to buy some. The UAMCC will continue to grow because of all the efforts that you put into it. I don't know what Dollar amount you can put on for the amount of work that you have done but for guys like myself we we'll be forever appreciative for all the time and energy you have given towards the betterment of the UAMCC---Thanks:)

Damaris Sutton

Ken,

The countless hours of you pushing the UAMCC along? Not to mention the hours of tutoring me along in this new venture in my life. One thing, You can make payment due per Lance of clay county or Topcoat. Put yourself in for a hefty profit margin.
:yes:

topcoat

Contributing Member
Ken,

The countless hours of you pushing the UAMCC along? Not to mention the hours of tutoring me along in this new venture in my life. One thing, You can make payment due per Lance of clay county or Topcoat. Put yourself in for a hefty profit margin.
:yes:

Hahaha you got that right Jimmy.

Ken - go hit the Pressure Pros pavement hard!

David Vicars

Ken, Thank You for all you've done. You are still on my speed dial, so you'll
never break 100% free.:headshakesmile-fast Unless you change your number.:biggrin:
Thanks again my friend.

Thad Eckhoff

Ken, I'm not sure how this fits into your sinister, self-serving plot. I'm really confused now.
:D

Seriously, I agree with everything that has been said so far.
Simply- Kudos, dude.
Can't wait to buy you a beverage in August.

Carlos Gonzales

Ken...The UAMCC owes a great deal to you for everything that you have done for this endeavor. I personally have gained a friend in this and for that...this run was worth it.

I can't begin to calculate the number of hours just you and I accumulated over the past 14 months ~ speaking with one another relating to the UAMCC and how the execution of this was going to work.

You anchored me in alot of ways with the UAMCC and for that I am forever grateful. It is my hope and belief that your name will be forever attached to the UAMCC. Your insight was grounded with the belief and convinction that we as a contractor community must take charge of our own destiny. You and the others on the team has offered up that vehicle.

You kept your promise to see this through the launch and I am grateful that you remained steadfast until that promise was fulfilled. I owe you alot but only can offer my hand to you with a firm hand shake and say "Job Well Done".

You are like a brother to me. We have shared much with each other over this past year. I was able to get to know you and you were able to get to know me...that is priceless.

You were my right hand man in many ways with the UAMCC but as with any business....the true success of a business is when it can continue on without the involvement of the people that set it up. This is what I strive for with the UAMCC.

Hats off to you Ken Fenner....you did good!!!

Ken Fenner

Wow, thanks to everyone for the very kind words. Its been a great time overall. I've learned a lot and I will take this adventure and its experiences with me for the rest of my life.

Scott Davis

Do we still kiss your ring when we enter the room? :biggrin:

ken, this adventure is far from over for you. I think the real fun is only about to begin now that you wont have to worry about the day to days of it all. I think everyone summed it up nicely above, but thank you for all you have done for everyone here.

One day, when we're all very succesful and look back on why, you will be a primary reason for it, and everyone here owes you a debt of gratitude.

Florin Nutu

Ken, your dedication, unselfishness, personal sacrifice is inspiring. You have given so much to our industry. You have helped me and my business on many occasions. Shoot, I dont know if you remember but you had helped me pick my business name way back when. Now you have helped my biz by giving your time and heart to the cause of the UAMCC so I and everyone else can benefit from. I thank you.

Scott Millen

Ken Fenner...

Ken, I would like to offer you a laurel and hearty handshake! lol:biggrin:

In the beginning, as I was just barely started out in this field, I found The Cleaner Network. There were some great guys there, and I asked a few questions once I had overcome my initial worry of looking like an idiot. My first question was, "There is this prospective customer who wants me to do 5 free acid washes, inside and outside of some aluminum reefer trailers. I'm worried that that is beyond my skill. What is involved with acid washing?" (lol, I had no idea what looks idiotic!)

The first response I got was from a guy called Rookie35M, who appeared in his avatar to be a weightlifter with a Mercedes E-class. His answer boiled down to: This guy just wants 5 free washes, he's pulling your chain. Acid washes are out of your skillset, and can kill you, but worse, you need to know when the business isn't worth it. Take a pass.

I did.

Another great contractor lead me to TGS to seek more info. (Celeste Gothorp, practically the mother of StainlessDeal) And I started reading there daily.

All over that board was this guy, posting in every thread, hammering away these business-based arguments, totally missing the questions asked. Every question to him had a business, rather than washing, based answer. He seemed to be in the business of owning businesses, and it drove me nuts!

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! MR. PRESSUREPROS!" I remember thinking. I want to learn about THIS business, not about owning businesses. What do I need to know this stuff for? Tell me more about X-Jets vs. Downstreaming, or bleach vs. sodium hydroxide. Keep your marketing BS to yourself, I'll put signs on telephone poles, and do good work so word of mouth keeps me going...This Ken Fenner was a prolific poster, but he was no Rookie35M who actually helped people with direct answers.

Slowly, so slowly, it began to sink in. This PressurePros guy knew a thing or two. I started seeking, rather than avoiding, his posts. He still wasn't my kind of guy, but he had some strong points and good business acumen, and my business was benefitting from his comments.

Then Don Marler had a roundtable. I called Ken beforehand to ask him if there was any particular reading material I needed to read so I could best benefit from the conversations. We were on the phone for an hour and a half. That is probably the shortest conversation he and I have ever had!

Oh, and guess what? About 10 months ago, I was waiting for an email from Ken, and I got one from my old friend, Rookie35M, who I hadn't seen online in years. I opened it, and it was the mail I was awaiting from Ken! Sometimes I'm such a tool.

Ken, it has been a great honor to serve with you on this team. I would be driving a truck, and hating my life it it weren't for the contributions of you and others like you, who selflessly give of yourselves on these boards to build a better-educated, better-grounded, more businesslike industry.

You have become one of my great friends, a blessing in my life I could never be worthy of. I measure my accomplishment in life partly by the caliber of the men and women who call me their friend, and I am proud to call you mine.

You have given to this team, and the industry, more than you could have foreseen giving, and have done so without complaint, even at considerable cost to your own business, and personal life. I thank you for what you have done, and will continue to do.

Thanks my friend, now go make some money.:wink: