PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing to make money today?

Scott Davis
04-08-2009, 11:12 AM
They say that a plan is worthless unless you write it down. They also say that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

I want to know every morning what your plan is to drive traffic, get leads, and ultimately make more money? I talk to guys all the time who say they arent getting business. when I ask them what they are doing to drive calls and sales, I get "Well I post on craigslist everyday, and pass out flyers sometimes.

You have to have an active, thought out plan every single day designed to get more leads. Winging it everyday wont cut it. Once you write it down, it forces you to stick to it, otherwise you're lying to yourself, and by putting it on here you would be lying to everyone else too, if you dont stick to it.

So today, EXACTLY what will you be doing to make more money? Waiting for the phone to ring? Posting some ads on craigslist? Knocking on doors? Calling, writing and faxing?

I will be:

1. Emailing 10 PM's like I do almost everyday.
2. Celeste has sent out 4000 postcards in the past couple of days and will send out another 1000 more today.
3. Proximity marketing will be done after this mornings job to include knocking on doors and posting flyers.
4. I am going to design and order promo material for PM's and realtors.
5. I am calling realtors that have used us recently to say hello, and ask for more business.

Theres my list for the day. Whats yours?

deach
04-08-2009, 04:45 PM
I've been working on what I hope "soon" will be my new website. I sent out emails to all the Realtors I've dealt with and hope to deal with about the importance of "curb appeal"... I just can't get them to understand if a customer is turned off when they first drive up, the rest is a moot point. Scheduled three washing esimates for tomorrow, one a repeat customer.

Jim Chesmore
04-08-2009, 04:46 PM
good thread but my day is over so I will start out with thursdays plan

-Actually today is not over, I need to confirm tomorrows jobs
-tomorrow, pass out proximity DH's for the jobs I did today
-after that I have a demo and two roofs

Terry Miller
04-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Scott,
Great question. I started out by mailing out Thank you Gift certificates to a few customers. Doing a couple estimates. Meeting with a local photographer for a refinish of his studio. Lunch with a C of C tip club. Couple more estimates. Took some Picked up some Stainless coupleings and checked on repairing a hose. Washed trucks. Calle a couple customers and now relaxing. Nice day. It is a good thread to get going here. Makes us think of what we actually are doing day to day. Thank you.

Ron Musgraves
04-08-2009, 05:47 PM
The same things we do everyday,

1. mail
2. fax (automatic) its set up to run daily.
3. un-solicited proposals
4. call people
5. promote specials
6. handle inbound calls that want service requests.

DJ Carroll
04-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Today I :

5:00 am woke up and went for a morning jog as i try to do every day

6:30 check boards post word of the day, check/answer e mail, check bank account (I do this every day)

7:00 ate breakfast while printing out invoices for the day.

7:30 call suppliers to make sure stuff i need for the day is in stock

8:15 get things ready to roll

8:00 out the door to make money

11:30 Lunch and

12:00 back to work

5:00 finished work ($832 day!)

6:00 meet with customer

tonight i will go work out, put prospective customer envelopes in the mail along with thank you letters. I will order 20k fliers to be sent out every two weeks over the next next two months

Business is great, Tomorrow i have school BLAH but mowing in the after noon and a concrete cleaning account in the morning before school . .. We are booked into the first week of may right now . . . So i'm just gonna keep doing what im doin .. . :clap:

DJ Carroll
04-08-2009, 07:07 PM
also each week I print out my MS Outlook calendar for that week. I keep a pile on my desk of estimates still out and jobs completed . . along with a $2,700 deposit slip ;)

John Doherty
04-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Returning phone calls, working on my mid-April mailer, and how my trade show booth will be laid out. I also slept all day until about 2pm :sleepey:.

Today is the first day I've had off in a while. I have a fear of things going south, so I am working a full time job too.

Last week me and one of my guys did 160 apt units in 10 huge buildings in 4 days. The place is 1.75 hrs away, then I also worked the 'job' each night 5pm to 2am and picked my guy up @ 6am to do it again.

Worked the job Saturday and did a large resi house, roof, and walkway Sunday.

Tomorrow we are back at the Apts to do 4 roofs, and then to work again at 5pm. The job Fri, Sat, and Easter, 12 estimates for Mon and another large resi house and roof Tues. and work the job 3-11 each day.

I'm tired! :saai:

Florin Nutu
04-08-2009, 10:09 PM
My day today:

Got my fiance and kid out the door.

Got on the UAMCC forum for my morning dose

Got my truck and trailer ready to head out

Had a pow-wow with my two guys on what we are doing today

Got to our first job in Seattle, a tile courtyard and deck cleaning

Passed 10 neighbors on each side a dollar card and biz card

Posted ads on CL and backpage

Went to second job in Issaqua, all the concrete, dumpster areas, pool deck and catwalks at a condo complex.

Sent my guys home at 5

Went to a job in Redmond, driveway and sidewalk clean, 5 blocks from my house. Booked the neighbor as well and passed out dollar card and biz cards to neighbors

Got home and logged on to UAMCC

Responded to job lead from UAMCC:clap:

Gonna do my homework on a 17 building condo complex bid I am doing tommorrow

Gonna write out a plan for tommorrows marketing

PressureWashE
04-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Wake up at 0630

Check emails and rig,

out the door at 0800

hit up 20-30 resturants and business

lunch at 1200

check emails on phone respond to questions

pass out 200 door hangers at1400

post craigs list adds at 1600

Check emails again at 1900

Work on SEO for my site 1900-0100

Start again... Man Im not getting the results I planned on, But im going to keep chugging

John

Florin Nutu
04-14-2009, 11:59 PM
Wake up at 0630

Check emails and rig,

out the door at 0800

hit up 20-30 resturants and business

lunch at 1200

check emails on phone respond to questions

pass out 200 door hangers at1400

post craigs list adds at 1600

Check emails again at 1900

Work on SEO for my site 1900-0100

Start again... Man Im not getting the results I planned on, But im going to keep chugging

John

Instead of at 1600 to post ads... try doing it earlier. Most of my calls from CL comes from whenever I post around noon-1400

Eric Flynn
04-15-2009, 12:27 AM
This is a great thread Scott!

We are working until Friday and then its the GEORGIA RT! :clap:
Get back- work all week and then 7 days off....

Big stuff ahead. Our main focus is Property Managers:

1. Finish goody bags for PMs and deliver them ( We are going with a "Green" theme...they are so cool!)
2. Call back PM company that owns 4 HEB shopping centers in the area....Push CWA compliance!
3. Follow up with outstanding commercial bids.
4. Complete informational packets for PMs.
5. Send out thank you/referral program letters to jobs we completed last week
6. Call back sales rep with paper were are thinking of advertising with.
7. Develop fax that we will send to PMs.
8. Take pictures of new rig and finally post them!! LOL....

~Jen

Scott Davis
04-15-2009, 12:50 AM
You cant post the pictures until after May 9th!! You have to unveil it there. :biggrin:

Eric Flynn
04-15-2009, 01:03 AM
You cant post the pictures until after May 9th!! You have to unveil it there. :biggrin:

Oh yeah..thats right...I forgot! LOL....
Hey Eric is going to request to be put on days that week so he can have that weekend off. Hopefully it will work out and he can be there.
I will be there after work (:saai:) around 7pm. Im sure everyone will still be alive and kickin'...ahaha

~Jen

Scott Davis
04-15-2009, 01:06 AM
Oh yeah..thats right...I forgot! LOL....
Hey Eric is going to request to be put on days that week so he can have that weekend off. Hopefully it will work out and he can be there.
I will be there after work (:saai:) around 7pm. Im sure everyone will still be alive and kickin'...ahaha

~Jen

Alive...yes....Kickin....:pukey: probably not....lol

Eric Flynn
04-15-2009, 01:20 AM
hahahahaha.....

:seeya: Hello nice to meet you...

:cheers2: Lets have a few...

:roflmao: Everyone is having a great time!.....

:cheers2:

By the time Jen arrives......

:pukey::pukey::pukey::pukey::pukey::pukey::pukey:

Jeff LeCours
04-15-2009, 01:24 AM
Tuesday 4/14. I was driving down the road at 7am with the crew behind me for about a 1/2 hour ride. I was calling 3 different managers and leaving messages on their voice mail, 2 call were to try to confirm dates on jobs coming up, one was a thank you call all to PM's. Each voice mail I said at the end what I often say.......
"If you have any other projects you would like us to look at we would be glad to. We would like all your work"

Got to the job had a couple contractors call for advise

8:30am at the job had to interview a possible manager/saleman I am looking for. Showed him the work we do and spoke for a while. I hope to hire one in the next month or so to help manage and bring in more work. Liked the guy today he's a possible

Went to a PM's office right down the street from the job and asked to see the top dog (real nice manger) hadnt talked to her in about a month, went in to schedule to clean her house for her and talk about projects and anything new. Confirmed a job with her and had to go look at another small complex for her, it was worth going in saying hello and setting up her free house wash. Same management office went into another managers office to get some keys to fire panel rooms so we could uncover fire panels of job we are working. Talked to that PM for a while about upcoming projects left in 2009 ( I do all his properties) he asked me to go look at some pool house and a pool deck

Back to job, to give keys to my guys. Had some rust stains coming from under shutters, called PM and made him aware of the rust. I knew they had painted the shutters over the winter and he had told me that stainless steel screws were to be used to reattach shutters. He came down to look at new rust stains and thanked me for pointing out the stains. Told him we would clean up the stains. Got to make managers aware of things on property...he thanked me.

Driving back down the road and calling PM's from earlier and confirmed a date. Got a call from a PM to look at 8 buildings and asked if there was anything else...YUP picked up another pool deck & fence

Back at the home office doing some proposals and invoices, feilding another call about work and giving advise to another contractor in NJ

Wife off early from work took a little nap with her and off to look at a job on a commercail property

Called a PM to confirm a the number of buildiongs we have to do next week. PM says he just finsihed reading MY ARTICLE thats in a PM publications, he said it was a really good article COOL !!!!!!!!!! Ya the article goes to like 600 PM and HOA volunteers TOTALLY COOL

went to pick up my daughter from day care and got a call from a national firm that services a national chain. talked to him for a while, I didnt want the job but gave him the name of two contractors, One a UAMCC contractor and one a future UAMCC member. Talked to the rep and got him to agree about talking with me and Carlos on possibly having UAMCC members helping them service accounts across america...COOL, hopefully Totally COOL

Home, dinner, family time, hanging out, drawing with my son and playing dolls with my daughter

On the BB's and faxed over 100 faxes to PM companies and emailed about 18 PM's going to bed in a few minutes Yup its 1:13am Wed

Get back up at 5:30 and do it again.

I love PWing
I love PM's
Go UAMCC

Scott Davis
04-15-2009, 01:39 AM
Tuesday 4/14. I was driving down the road at 7am with the crew behind me for about a 1/2 hour ride. I was calling 3 different managers and leaving messages on their voice mail, 2 call were to try to confirm dates on jobs coming up, one was a thank you call all to PM's. Each voice mail I said at the end what I often say.......
"If you have any other projects you would like us to look at we would be glad to. We would like all your work"

8:30am at the job had to interview a possible manager/saleman I am looking for. Showed him the work we do and spoke for a while. I hope to hire one in the next month or so to help manage and bring in more work. Liked the guy today he's a possible

Went to a PM's office right down the street from the job and asked to see the top dog (real nice manger) hadnt talked to her in about a month, went in to schedule to clean her house for her and talk about projects and anything new. Confirmed a job with her and had to go look at another small complex for her, it was worth going in saying hello and setting up her free house wash. Same management office went into another managers office to get some keys to fire panel rooms so we could uncover fire panels of job we are working. Talked to that PM for a while about upcoming projects left in 2009 ( I do all his properties) he asked me to go look at some pool house and a pool deck

Back to job, to give keys to my guys. Had some rust stains coming from under shutters, called PM and made him aware of the rust. I knew they had painted the shutters over the winter and he had told me that stainless steel screws were to be used to reattach shutters. He came down to look at new rust stains and thanked me for pointing out the stains. Told him we would clean up the stains. Got to make managers aware of things on property...he thanked me.

Driving back down the road and calling PM's from earlier and confirmed a date. Got a call from a PM to look at 8 buildings and asked if there was anything else...YUP picked up another pool deck & fence

Back at the home office doing some proposals and invoices, feilding another call about work and giving advise to another contractor in NJ

Wife off early from work took a little nap with her and off to look at a job on a commercail property

Called a PM to confirm a the number of buildiongs we have to do next week. PM says he just finsihed reading MY ARTICLE thats in a PM publications, he said it was a really good article COOL !!!!!!!!!! Ya the article goes to like 600 PM and HOA volunteers TOTALLY COOL

went to pick up my daughter from day care and got a call from a national firm that services a national chain. talked to him for a while, I didnt want the job but gave him the name of two contractors, One a UAMCC contractor and one a future UAMCC member. Talked to the rep and got him to agree about talking with me and Carlos on possibly having UAMCC members helping them service accounts across america...COOL, hopefully Totally COOL

Home, dinner, family time, hanging out, drawing with my son and playing dolls with my daughter

On the BB's and faxed over 100 faxes to PM companies and emailed about 18 PM's going to bed in a few minutes Yup its 1:13am Wed

I love PWing
I love PM's
Go UAMCC

:Smiley-2031:

Scott Davis
04-15-2009, 01:41 AM
hahahahaha.....

:seeya: Hello nice to meet you...

:cheers2: Lets have a few...

:roflmao: Everyone is having a great time!.....

By the time Jen arrives......

:pukey::pukey::pukey::pukey::pukey::pukey::pukey:

:iagree: Hahahahahaha:yes:

Eric Flynn
04-15-2009, 01:47 AM

I love PWing
I love PM's
Go UAMCC

:respect:

All hail the Condo King.....

Jeff LeCours
04-15-2009, 01:53 AM
:respect:

All hail the Condo King.....

Ya I'm still trying to get my wife to call me the King LOL

Almost 2am still not in bed. I think I will need a long nap tomorrow. Got to love the biz

PressureWashE
04-15-2009, 02:07 AM
Instead of at 1600 to post ads... try doing it earlier. Most of my calls from CL comes from whenever I post around noon-1400

Interesting florin.. I will try that, I figured by 4:00 people start getting home, and getting on the computer.. I will try that tomorrow... still have not received a single call form Craigs list..

and my site has only been up for 2 days and I have had 294 views... 1 call...lol

Scott Davis
04-15-2009, 02:23 AM
Interesting florin.. I will try that, I figured by 4:00 people start getting home, and getting on the computer.. I will try that tomorrow... still have not received a single call form Craigs list..

and my site has only been up for 2 days and I have had 294 views... 1 call...lol

People spend more time on the internet at work than they do at home.

http://www.websense.com/global/en/PressRoom/PressReleases/PressReleaseDetail/?Release=050509928

I have never had anyone say they got us off of craigslist. But for every one of your ads on the first page of google, thats 1 of your competitors ads that gets kicked. Thats why i like them, and the other free ad sites....Merchant circle, ziply, hotfrog, etc...

Scott Davis
04-15-2009, 02:24 AM
Whats your website John? Put it in your signature for added links to help your web ranking...

PressureWashE
04-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Done and done

Florin Nutu
04-15-2009, 10:00 AM
People spend more time on the internet at work than they do at home.

http://www.websense.com/global/en/PressRoom/PressReleases/PressReleaseDetail/?Release=050509928

I have never had anyone say they got us off of craigslist. But for every one of your ads on the first page of google, thats 1 of your competitors ads that gets kicked. Thats why i like them, and the other free ad sites....Merchant circle, ziply, hotfrog, etc...

Exactly!

I put mine in the morning and at noon. Almost all my calls are before 5 and they do it from work. You just might be in a area that CL is not as popular. In mine it is really good. I made over 60,000 gross off of CL alone last year and I was part time. Once I was booked I would stop advertising until I had another slot open up.
But like Scott said... Get as many ads from various advertising areas on front page and it will boot out the comp.

Scott Davis
04-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Exactly!

I put mine in the morning and at noon. Almost all my calls are before 5 and they do it from work. You just might be in a area that CL is not as popular. In mine it is really good. I made over 60,000 gross off of CL alone last year and I was part time. Once I was booked I would stop advertising until I had another slot open up.
But like Scott said... Get as many ads from various advertising areas on front page and it will boot out the comp.

Now instead of stopping, you can just hire more guys to cover the extra work!! :yes:

$60,000 off craigslist alone? Thats amazing.

Florin Nutu
04-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Now instead of stopping, you can just hire more guys to cover the extra work!! :yes:

$60,000 off craigslist alone? Thats amazing.

Yes sir. My hope is to have two full time(competent) guys by June. I am pretty sure that record will be beat this year. I am at 13,000 gross so far thru them and the seaon has not quite hit full swing yet.

Thad Eckhoff
04-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Craigslist is dead here.
:(

I've got maybe 3 or 4 jobs off of it.

PressureWashE
04-15-2009, 11:21 AM
this is what my craigslist add looks like, Im gonna post on back page and hot frog as well today..

http://houston.craigslist.org/hss/1119982395.html

http://houston.craigslist.org/hss/1121941185.html

Tony Shelton
04-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Finishing up the 1st half of April schedule today: (+ filed tax extention)

20 rooftop air filter accounts (mostly small - only 3 w/ more than 5 units)
1 residential :saai:
11 of those are coil cleanings also :yes:
1 pleated filter account (2 units only)
The farthest one is 19 miles away.

$2027 :biggrin:
Chris and I are working alone today.
I'm guessing 7 hrs. because of all the driving.

We're leaving at 9am - start the clock. I'll be back when we're done.

PressureWashE
04-15-2009, 11:46 AM
Finishing up the 1st half of April schedule today: (+ filed tax extention)

20 rooftop air filter accounts (mostly small - only 3 w/ more than 5 units)
1 residential :saai:
11 of those are coil cleanings also :yes:
1 pleated filter account (2 units only)
The farthest one is 19 miles away.

$2027 :biggrin:
Chris and I are working alone today.
I'm guessing 7 hrs. because of all the driving.

We're leaving at 9am - start the clock. I'll be back when we're done.

Dang tony... Need a hand :biggrin:

Dave Olson
04-15-2009, 01:33 PM
I decided a few months ago to advertise for residential type work.

This is a big deal for me since I have been in business for 25 years and have never pro actively looked for residential type business.

Also thought about putting our name on a billboard. After pricing billboards I decided to put signs on one of my antique trucks and put it in places that folks will see it!

I received the first call today after the truck has been sitting here in town for only a few days. Wants an estimate to clean a two story deck.

Here is a picture of the truck. It is a 1969 Dodge that I started my business with it in 1984. We took it out of service in late 1998 and put this box on it at that time since we transferred the original box onto a new chassis.

Tony Shelton
04-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Dang tony... Need a hand :biggrin:

Whew! Got er done!

Didn't get out till 9:30 and added the following:

Chris walked in spoke and dropped off brochures at the following for concrete cleaning:

Pawn Shop 1, Pawn Shop 2, Pawn Shop 3, Pawn Shop 4 - because he found out they have just been bought out and are having inspections next week. He's already done two of them. Pawn Shop 2 had already called him for work before we got home.

Animal Hospital with paint ball spots on it for building wash

Jack in the Box - Dumpster Demo with stencil - the Manager will be in tomorrow to see it.

Arbys
KFC
Taco Bell

Small Bar/Casino Demo w/stencil. Owner will be in tomorrow morning to see.

Lowes - Just had their concrete done. Gum all over the place, NOT HAPPY! They did a walk around. He wants a demo tomorrow when the other managers are there. (MONTHLY WORK!)

Small Bar/Casino has rust running down the side, Chris went in to push the building wash. The manager said he just signed a contract to get it painted but would like to talk to Chris later this week about concrete cleaning.

Chris spent 1/2 hr on the phone with the regional manager of Budget Suites. There are six of them here. He cleaned a small area of one of them two weeks ago. Today he got a call from the regional manager for a meeting tomorrow at 9am to discuss maintenance on all of them if they can strike a deal Chris is on FIRE!:worshippy:

I had a large account go out of business the FIRST day of my roundtable. I heard it on the news and they skipped town. Today as we completed a nearby account I went in and found the building occupied by new owners. I upped the price by 20% and signed them on for a year. Sweet!

Plus we finished all the accounts we set out to do today. :biggrin:

AND ate at Arby's for lunch, Taco Bell for dinner and spent 1/2 hr in Lowes looking for "wet floor" signs which they don't carry at Lowes.

WHEW! What a good day. I'm all caught up after the RT and it feels GOOOOOOOOOD!!!

PressureWashE
04-16-2009, 12:27 AM
Whew! Got er done!

Chris walked in spoke and dropped off brochures at the following for concrete cleaning:

Pawn Shop 1, Pawn Shop 2, Pawn Shop 3, Pawn Shop 4 - because he found out they have just been bought out and are having inspections next week. He's already done two of them. Pawn Shop 2 had already called him for work before we got home.

Jack in the Box - Dumpster Demo with stencil - the Manager will be in tomorrow to see it.

Arbys
KFC
Taco Bell

Lowes - Just had their concrete done. Gum all over the place, NOT HAPPY! They did a walk around. He wants a demo tomorrow when the other managers are there. (MONTHLY WORK!)

Small Bar/Casino has rust running down the side, Chris went in to push the building wash. The manager said he just signed a contract to get it painted but would like to talk to Chris later this week about concrete cleaning.

Chris spent 1/2 hr on the phone with the regional manager of Budget Suites. There are six of them here. He cleaned a small area of one of them two weeks ago. Today he got a call from the regional manager for a meeting tomorrow at 9am to discuss maintenance on all of them if they can strike a deal Chris is on FIRE!:worshippy:

I had a large account go out of business the FIRST day of my roundtable. I heard it on the news and they skipped town. Today as we completed a nearby account I went in and found the building occupied by new owners. I upped the price by 20% and signed them on for a year. Sweet!

AND ate at Arby's for lunch, Taco Bell for dinner and spent 1/2 hr in Lowes looking for "wet floor" signs which they don't carry at Lowes.

WHEW! What a good day. I'm all caught up after the RT and it feels GOOOOOOOOOD!!!

:clap: wow

Florin Nutu
04-16-2009, 01:02 AM
Whew! Got er done!

Arbys
KFC
Taco Bell

Geez, thanks. I feel like such a slacker after reading this.:saai:

Scott Davis
04-16-2009, 01:33 AM
Whew! Got er done!

Arbys
KFC
Taco Bell

So do you think the season will pick up a little soon? :biggrin:

Tony Shelton
04-16-2009, 02:41 AM
Geez, thanks. I feel like such a slacker after reading this.:saai:

These were just all the small, loose end jobs we saved for last in the schedule. Three accounts were on one rooftop and only took 20 minutes to do all three.

I'm going to slack tomorrow. :biggrin:

In an unrelated thought ---- could someone please get this guy --> :clap: <-- some downers. He's too excited. Doesn't he know that abusing that stuff will make his teeth fall out?

Tony Shelton
04-16-2009, 02:47 AM
So do you think the season will pick up a little soon? :biggrin:

Chris is kicking butt. He's only been in business two months and now has over 10k in annual maintenance contracts. (They're monthly and quarterly, but we're trying to break into that 15 day thing like Ron.)

My sales are not doing as well. I've got 30k in filters sitting here in inventory and they need a home. I've been pushing the coil cleaning hard for 2 months. Now I need to get some new filter accounts. Things are looking much better than they did in November though.

Jim@GarageCleaning
04-16-2009, 03:38 AM
I sit and watch the grass grow....

No really.... I do. LOL LOL

We are one of the only Garage cleaning companies in N. California. We have state of the art equipment and it is hard to compete against us in Parking Garage cleaning. All of our equipment is paid for, including our trucks.

With 20 years of Cleaning experience in Parking Structures, we tend to go over board when it comes to detail cleaning.

We do not advertise. No flyer's, No ads, No coupons, Usually No sales calls unless it is a lead that was referred to us. Our customers finds us. Our current pricing is .24 per ft. and we have only 1 large garage cleaning opening left in our schedule for 2009. In 2010 we are 60 % full as of today.

PressureWashE
04-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Well after reading this thread and feeling like I have the really small stick :redface: I decided to hit the pavement HARD.

I went to over 30 gas stations 10 apartment complexes and some residential knocking...

Landed 8 demos, amd put my bid in for 20 gas stations at 500 each per month... and 3800 for this small apartment complex... all thease prices were lower than there current suppliers, and my work was better...

So all in all, this was good day, going to submit formal bids tomorrow, and do some more ground work.

I want an Obama stick dammit...lol

John

Tony Shelton
04-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Well after reading this thread and feeling like I have the really small stick :redface: I decided to hit the pavement HARD.

I went to over 30 gas stations 10 apartment complexes and some residential knocking...

Landed 8 demos, amd put my bid in for 20 gas stations at 500 each per month... and 3800 for this small apartment complex... all thease prices were lower than there current suppliers, and my work was better...

So all in all, this was good day, going to submit formal bids tomorrow, and do some more ground work.

John

Cool! That works great for commercial stuff. Chris met with the Budget suites guy, popped a sweet demo and blasted gum up in seconds with the steam valve one and they guy said, "that's what we need, write it up and lets do it".

He's working on the numbers now - It's over 60,000 square feet.

Now we just have to convince him to do it MONTHLY!! :yes:

Ron Musgraves
04-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Cool! That works great for commercial stuff. Chris met with the Budget suites guy, popped a sweet demo and blasted gum up in seconds with the steam valve one and they guy said, "that's what we need, write it up and lets do it".

He's working on the numbers now - It's over 60,000 square feet.

Now we just have to convince him to do it MONTHLY!! :yes:

They will do the main areas monthly, the pool areas 90day and the entire property once a year.

Mathew Johnson
04-16-2009, 07:03 PM
I started out the morning calling Jeff Lecours for my morning motivational session that he does.

We did a large house wash - 1023.00 plus tax this morning,

Stopped and quoted a house deck wash / restoration project. I will get the job but it will be a PIA, he wants us to bring the water, I told him is would be 225.00 for the water thinking he would say use his well, no dice... he said that was fine. Stopped at a restaurant a mile up the road and asked the owner if I could fill my tank up if needed - offered him 50.00 cash for each load (I think I will only have to fill up once), took care of that problem

Stopped at MCDonalds for a healthy heart lunch

Cleaned three decks at the next project. - They are readyseal decks - maintenance coats

Dropped my employee off at the shop to finish painting screens that we have to install tomorrow at a housewash / window cleaning project.

Then went to Oneonta and did a Doublewide in retirement park, I suspect that I will be getting more work out of the park.... The guy I worked for is on the HOA board and was thrilled. I told him if I got ten units I would do the clubhouse for half price and if I got 20 units I would do the clubhouse for free.

Came home and returned calls that came in today. It was a grandslam day here.

MJ

Jim@GarageCleaning
04-17-2009, 01:18 AM

John

Those seem like really good pricing John. I believe that is the going rate out here in California for Gas station cleaning as well.

Keep us informed. I hope you get them.

PressureWashE
04-20-2009, 04:24 PM
This thread needs to stay alive..

:clap:

Jeff LeCours
04-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Today was good and today was ARGGGGGGGG too

Looked at some jobs to bid, but I think I will complain a little now to get it off my chest. Met with a PM, a new one for a company I do a lot of work for. The property is 25 buildings and about 7 different style buildings. I sort of have the job BUT BUT BUT, now they want to only do the soffit and white trim because they dont want high volume water on the walls/siding of the buildings and windows ARGGGGGG how can you wash soffitt with getting water & chem on everything below? YOU CAN'T Argggggg try to explain that without going crazy

The problem is they had 5.2 million dollar lawsuit and ripped all the old stucco off most of the buildings and put new stucco, but NOT new windows, the property is totally paranoid about water intrusion. OK I see them worrying, but these buildings need washing now or in the future, so just do it now instead of just the soffit. I explained and explained and explained, that the mold & mildew has to go. I explained the windows if they leak will leak possibly, I explained if I cant spray chem on windows they will water spot bad. I practically begged them to le me have a meeting with the HOA BOD and do a sample, I explained I washed 6 buildings last year with not a single problem with water intrusion

We I find out in a few days I hope, if they will meet with me and figure out their fears. If they listen to reason I think I can relieve their fears we'll see

Next complaint

I have had a rush job for over a week, get in ASAP they said, well they garages are fulll with guest Argggggggg. So I finally get about 60K cleared for tomorrow last minute, so I go to the water dept to rent a fire hydrant meter, thats at 9AM this morning, the head guy tells me no problem placing the meter today and I can use it tomorrow. I explain I need it, I will have 4 workers there at 8am. He says no problem. I think GREAT.....Argggggggg
I figure after my boys soccor tonight I will take a quick drive by its about 20 minutes out of my way, so its now7:30PM and I drive by YUP NO FRICKING hydrant meter, so no work for 4 guys tomorrow and this is a rush job argggggg

Sorry just had to complain, I was measuring stuff and ALLLLLLLLL over town today, a real endless day and now I have 3 proposals I have to get done NOW.

We are slamming and its great just some days it can be a bit much

I love PWing

:yes:

Scott Davis
04-21-2009, 12:16 AM
Lots going on right now.

First, we did an estimate for an apartment complex last year sometime. I got a call from the manager explaining that we were $13k over the lowest bid and $8k over the second lowest bid. No problem I say, because when we estimated to begin with we gave NO discount for such a large roof. (over 175,000 sqft), we haggled back and forth and finally came to an agreement. I say "Ok, so If I send over the new invoice, you will sign it and send it back?" She says "No it has to go to New York to be approved." Great more waiting.

I get an email yesterday from the Manager saying she has the representative from New York on the horn and he wants us to do 2 complexes for them but of course wants a deal. And of course I am out of town, so I still have not been able to talk to them, and Celeste tried to call but did not get an answer.

I will be speaking with them tomorrow, and am going to push for a signed contract.

We could be looking at well over 600,000 sqft of roof between the 2 complexes, and this company manages 7-10 others in the houston area.

We sent out 4k postcards a ocuple of weeks ago, and have only had 2 responses, so we were getting pretty discouraged. Then yesterday finally, we had 5 calls, and 3 email from postcards alone, plus 3 off of google searches. These postcards went out to homes over $500,000 and 7-15 years old, in our target area. These roofs average over $1k each. Add on the house wash, driveway, pool decks, etc...Thats what Im talking about!

This was all while we did a $1,700 large tile roof cleaning and house wash.

Celeste has our first dinner w/ our new networking group on Wednesday (Also her Bday. Yes she chose to work on her Bday. She's awesome)

I love roof cleaning!
I love PM's!
I hate Xjets! (lol for you Jeff)

Mathew Johnson
04-21-2009, 12:27 AM
We stripped a deck in a snow flurry today. Worked in the rain most of the day.

On the way to the job at sun up

Started out with a deck wash
The around the corner to do a house wash
3 miles away we did two trex deck washes
Stopped and looked at two projects that I have to submit bids on while on theway to a chemical company
Opened account a chem company... Bleach at 11.75 a fiver and Oxalic at a little over a buck a pound
Went and washed another deck, front porch and an ungodly amount of patio furniture
Final Job was a deck strip, when I intoduced myself to the homeowner to let him know that we had arrived, I commented on how dirty his house really was (rubbing my hand on the vinal and showing him the dirt). I sold him a discounted housewash because we were there already. (I thought my employee was going to kill me) I tried to sell the housewash on the initial visit and no dice. And we had a snow flurry
Got home at 7:30 tonight
JUST THAWED OUT

Tomorrow - three house washes, a barn wash prep (readyseal maintenance coat) and a deck wash prep (readyseal maintenance coat) Another long day for sure

PressureWashE
04-21-2009, 12:56 AM
Im glad everyone seems to be doing well.

:saai:

Scott Davis
04-21-2009, 01:08 AM
John, slow down buddy. It takes time. Alot of time. I have been in business 2 years. Matt for 6. Jeff for like 40 or something. :biggrin: The business will come, but only if you go and get it. Even then, it will take time. Dont get desperate. When you get desperate you start discounting heavily, and you SOUND desperate and wont close as much work.

When I sold cars, the guys who sold the most cars, were the ones who didnt need to sell cars.

Customers can sense desperation, and they want confidence.

It is a fine line im walking with these apartments. I want these apartments sooo bad, but dont want to let them know how bad. Dont get me wrong, I am asking them for the work. I plan on asking for all of their complexes tomorrow, but I am trying to do it w/ confidence by convincing them that we are the best thing for them, and that while we want them, we dont need them to survive.

See ya in 18 days :clap:

PressureWashE
04-21-2009, 01:37 AM
John, slow down buddy. It takes time. Alot of time. I have been in business 2 years. Matt for 6. Jeff for like 40 or something. :biggrin: The business will come, but only if you go and get it. Even then, it will take time. Dont get desperate. When you get desperate you start discounting heavily, and you SOUND desperate and wont close as much work.

When I sold cars, the guys who sold the most cars, were the ones who didnt need to sell cars.

Customers can sense desperation, and they want confidence.

It is a fine line im walking with these apartments. I want these apartments sooo bad, but dont want to let them know how bad. Dont get me wrong, I am asking them for the work. I plan on asking for all of their complexes tomorrow, but I am trying to do it w/ confidence by convincing them that we are the best thing for them, and that while we want them, we dont need them to survive.

See ya in 18 days :clap:

I fully understand.. When im talking with a potential client I sound like I have plenty of other accounts as well.. Sales is not the problem I am having its just getting the phone to ring.. Once they are on the line.. I will sell them, I promise you that.

I know I need to patient and i will,

some days are better than others that's all.

Call me sometime Scott. and did you check on those places I mentioned earlier?

John

Jim Chesmore
04-21-2009, 10:24 AM
I had a PM call last week for a bid and when I dropped it off another PM in the office said "ooo, ooo power wash guy, I NEED to talk to you, DONT GO AWAY!" That led to one more bid. As I dropped off the second bid I asked if she had anything else for me to look at and sure enough she did, that bid will get phoned in today...

Now all I need is for all the bids to be accepted and find a reliable helper.

Scott Davis
04-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Just found out our biggest competition underbid us by a SUBSTANTIAL amount on these apartments. Now I have to decide if it is worth taking it at the lower price out of spite for the other company. I will still make out pretty good at the lower price, but it makes me sick thinking about it.

what to do, what to do......

Tony Shelton
04-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Im glad everyone seems to be doing well.

:saai:

Just keep doing what you're doing. We just got over 300 houses for annual coil cleaning yesterday from a property manager that recieved a fax by accident from us in January. (Residential property manager - we didn't mean to send them a fax because we don't do residential work, so it got removed from the recurrent fax list.) We took on the work because it doesn't require any interaction with the renters, just pull in, do the work and get out.

You just have to plug at it everyday and use the day hours for meeting people and the night hours for faxing and working on website type stuff.

You're doing the right thing by getting out there. Now, wait a couple of weeks and go back to the same places. It does work. Most guys don't want to do that. By doing it you set yourself apart as one who really wants the business and is willing to do anything to get it.

PressureWashE
04-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Just keep doing what you're doing. We just got over 300 houses for annual coil cleaning yesterday from a property manager that recieved a fax by accident from us in January. (Residential property manager - we didn't mean to send them a fax because we don't do residential work, so it got removed from the recurrent fax list.) We took on the work because it doesn't require any interaction with the renters, just pull in, do the work and get out.

You just have to plug at it everyday and use the day hours for meeting people and the night hours for faxing and working on website type stuff.

You're doing the right thing by getting out there. Now, wait a couple of weeks and go back to the same places. It does work. Most guys don't want to do that. By doing it you set yourself apart as one who really wants the business and is willing to do anything to get it.

Than you Tony, I will continue to Push and push.. I know thease things take time, I just need to keep at it.

John

Ken Fenner
04-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Jim JC, I got that fax for the 60 decks. Thank you.

Ken Fenner
04-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Scott, your response is typical of a single mailer. Try breaking down your list into smaller chunks and doing multiple mailings. Your ROI will jump.

Scott Davis
04-21-2009, 11:44 PM
Ken, our plan is to send out to the same houses 3 times. So a total of 12k flyers broken up into the mailings.

Ken Fenner
04-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Cool, that should give you a decent return. one other trick I have found is to start a campaign with an intro letter and magnet before you send out postcards.

Scott Davis
04-22-2009, 07:02 AM
Maybe our second mailer will be a letter and magnet then go back to the post cards for the 3rd....After our 3 initial mailings, we are going to see where the best return came from and hit those areas a couple more times.

PressureWashE
04-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Well as of today things are looking up..

I received my Magnets and Banners..

Got a call to day to do house wash on Friday, When I get there im going to close them on cleaning and staining there deck.

Nice neighborhood too, Maybe more will come out of this.

People are finding me more and more on the internet Yay go ad words.. lol

John

Tony Shelton
04-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Marketing day only

Today hit 6 property managers on the rotation. No candy jars. I didn't want to copy anyone else's marketing so I just gave them a signed picture of me to put on the receptionist desk. :cool:

Went to 4 HVAC companies unannounced. Only got past the gatekeeper at one of them. Who knows what it will bring?

Shelly made cold calls and got Chris 3 demos for tomorrow morning at restaurants and a coffee house.

Jill designed mini-brochures for Chris with price lists for PM's.

Demo'ed Condenser cleaning at a Residential property mgr's house
After demo He wants 321 houses w/ 2 units each cleaned twice annually + inspect evaps every 3 yrs or so and clean as needed. :clap::saai::clap:
+ he is giving Chris all PW work because his current guy specializes in carpet cleaning and PW is a secondary for him. :clap::saai::clap:
On the way home, got a call to clean condensers (from an HVAC company) on a highrise (6 stories) downtown. Appointment is 7am for evaluation.
Chris got an email from one of his property managers to add four marquis signs to the cleaning schedule and maybe seal them? I don't know anything about that or how to do it I just know it means money coming in.

Went with Chris to clean one of his home filter customers. He is the owner of that conservative website (The People Decide) that reports on how congress votes on everything.

Good day. We try to schedule demos only on Wednesdays when we have to work weekends.

Just got to keep hitting the pavement.

Scott Davis
04-24-2009, 10:18 AM
What am I doing today to make money? NOTHING!! Why? Because I am starting my travel home! So I wont be around for 4-5 days.

Iraq gave me one last big sand storm as a farewell. I hate this country.

Florin Nutu
04-24-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm slacking today. Gotta finish a roof clean and driveway I couldnt finish yesterday. Then I have 3 estimates. Gotta turn in my machine for maintanance. Gonna go pickup my new(used) Dodge Ram. Then come home and pack for a trip to Potland tommorrow and Sunday.

Scott Davis
04-30-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm home!!

Terry Miller
04-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Scott Welcome home Brother. We appreciate your service.
Today was busy as always. Looked at our pictures and man I look GOOD!:Smiley-2020: LOL
Did 8 estimates got three new jobs, the wife worked on the shuffelboard courts and now going to father in laws for his 72nd birthday. I'll have a beer with him. Hope you all are doing well.

Jim Chesmore
04-30-2009, 07:06 PM
welcome home!! :cheers2:

PressureWashE
04-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Welcome home man, How did the interview at the radio station go yesterday. And were you able to go by los cucos.

John

David Vicars
04-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Welcome home Scott. Look forward to seeing you again at another RT.

Scott Davis
05-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Thanks guys! The interview went great and it should be airing tomorrow morning on 650am, not sure exactly what time though. I will have a copy of it posted on my website soon too.

Today, I got 4 estimates I am doing, preparing another round of 4000 postcards (our first mailing has killed. I cant wait to see what another round brings), and have to follow up w/ recent prospects. Called about 20 recent customers yesterday, got a hold of about 10 and landed 4 of those.

Also got the roof cleaning of a government building near Dallas that we are doing on Mothers day.

John Ill be in Sugarland today doing a couple of estimates. Im gonna give you a call, I'd like to have lunch if you're free.

PressureWashE
05-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Thanks guys! The interview went great and it should be airing tomorrow morning on 650am, not sure exactly what time though. I will have a copy of it posted on my website soon too.

Today, I got 4 estimates I am doing, preparing another round of 4000 postcards (our first mailing has killed. I cant wait to see what another round brings), and have to follow up w/ recent prospects. Called about 20 recent customers yesterday, got a hold of about 10 and landed 4 of those.

Also got the roof cleaning of a government building near Dallas that we are doing on Mothers day.

John Ill be in Sugarland today doing a couple of estimates. Im gonna give you a call, I'd like to have lunch if you're free.

That would be good bro, Give me a shout.

PressureWashE
05-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Scott,

It was good meeting you today, Thanks for lunch also man I appreciate it.

John

Jim Chesmore
05-02-2009, 08:10 AM
woooo hoooo, landed one condo job and a thumbs up (no contract yet) on two others.

I got 2 estimates to do today from 17 door hangers.

Ken Fenner
05-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Door hangers rock for ROI.

Looks like we are in for a rainy week here in the Mid Atlantic. Calls are beginning to slow down (phase 1 rush is over) so I am going to use the time to get some marketing material out there.

Gary Schell
05-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Selling little tree air fresheners :biggrin: At a car wash fundraiser for a 23 year old mother with cancer.

Two soccer games...Pink Panthers (Peyton's team) play at 9:30 and the Jasmine Jokers (Madison's team) at 2:30 and is against my 5th grade pen pal's team

Jim Chesmore
05-02-2009, 09:51 AM
I just ordered some of those plastic door hanger bags to put my tri-fold flier in. I will be passing those out next week, between the rain drops, LOL

Ken whats up with all this darn rain we are getting this year?

DJ Carroll
05-02-2009, 10:03 AM
I just ordered some of those plastic door hanger bags to put my tri-fold flier in. I will be passing those out next week, between the rain drops, LOL

Ken whats up with all this darn rain we are getting this year?

The only good i see out of it is it keeps my lawn accounts growing :)

Jeff LeCours
05-02-2009, 01:34 PM
woooo hoooo, landed one condo job and a thumbs up (no contract yet) on two others.

I got 2 estimates to do today from 17 door hangers.

Great Jim, keep pushing for the work. I have been doing it for a few years and I am still doing it all the time. you cant back off if you want to grow.

Good luck

LSPW01
05-02-2009, 02:08 PM

When you get up to the Dallas area give me shout, We can do lunch or a beer or something.

Jim Chesmore
05-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks Jeff. I look forward to becoming the first and only King of Condos in NJ. John D will be my Prince or knight or he would make a great Jester, I'll have to think about that for a while :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I talked to John earlier and he is doing good so I need to stay on top of my game. I cant tease him too much because he has helped me out a LOT!!!:coool::yes:

Scott Davis
05-21-2009, 12:02 AM
This week?

Sunday: Drove to Farmers Branch, TX (just north of Dallas, 4 hours each way) to clean the city Hall buildings roof.
Monday: 3 Estimates, took the rest if the day off (Scheduled monday for the city hall building also, in case it ran over a day. Only ended up taking about 4 hours)
Tuesday: Drove to Corpus Christi, TX to clean a tile roof reffered to us by Chris Chappel of Superior Power Washing, drove home the same day. (Also 4 hours each way)
Wednesday: Cleaned the roof and exteriors of a House, 5 Car detached garage, workshop. Also cleaned small stone walls they had and a vinyl fence.
Thursday: 2 3500sqft roofs (Neighbors), and 2 estimates.
Friday: 6500sqft tile roof w/ 4 car garage and pool house. 4 Estimates

And taking memorial weekend off. Booked next week too, just not with as big of projects. It will be nice to get home before 8pm.

Florin Nutu
05-21-2009, 12:21 AM
This week?

Sunday: Drove to Farmers Branch, TX (just north of Dallas, 4 hours each way) to clean the city Hall buildings roof.
Monday: 3 Estimates, took the rest if the day off (Scheduled monday for the city hall building also, in case it ran over a day. Only ended up taking about 4 hours)
Tuesday: Drove to Corpus Christi, TX to clean a tile roof reffered to us by Chris Chappel of Superior Power Washing, drove home the same day. (Also 4 hours each way)
Wednesday: Cleaned the roof and exteriors of a House, 5 Car detached garage, workshop. Also cleaned small stone walls they had and a vinyl fence.
Thursday: 2 3500sqft roofs (Neighbors), and 2 estimates.
Friday: 6500sqft tile roof w/ 4 car garage and pool house. 4 Estimates

And taking memorial weekend off. Booked next week too, just not with as big of projects. It will be nice to get home before 8pm.

Way to go Scott. Glad things are busy for you.

Monday- Did a housewash, driveway and deck wash. Entrance of a small strip mall.

Tuesday- 3 building condo complex wash

Today- Two roofs and a small deck strip

Tomorrow- Huge tennis court and 6,000 sf of driveway and walkways

Friday- 4,000 sf roof clean and walkways

I too am taking the weekend off.

Booked solid for the next two weeks. Gonna bring in some help to squeeze in two deck stain jobs.