• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Hello...your thoughts?

Randy Ketchum

My name is Randy. I currently operate a mobile storage business (similiar to PODS) and was looking for your feedback regarding the compatability of a PW biz and my existing business. I know my biz! Help me understand yours? I market my business to Realtors, Homebuilders/Remodelers, Restoration Co's (wind, fire, water), as well as small seasonal, strip mall businesses that have a surge in storage space demand or growing companies that just need more space and retail business consist of residents moving locally, remodelling or have a short-term storage need of some type. Most are upper middle class folks that are willing to pay a premium for my service (storage delivered directly to their door) My thought is to take my relationships and offer a new service (Mobile Powerwashing)..I know there is much to learn, which is why I'm here. I like to think of it as leveraging my relationships. I don't see myself as being a low-baller...my customers--typically-pay for quality. I need to get up to speed quickly if the fit is right. Let me know your thoughts.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
As a rule, if you satisfy a customer with one service, you gain their trust and they will be more likely to purchase other services/products from you.

Nice to have a POD person on board!

Carlos Gonzales

Randy,

Welcome to the UAMCC and we are delighted that you joined this forum. There are a ton of great people here that are eager to assist you.

The question that I have for you is:

Do you know anything about the pressure washing industry? and...

What compels you to become a pressure washer?

Lets start there....

Welcome aboard!!

Florin Nutu

Welcome aboard.

To me it seems that they are too opposite. I understand painting/pressure washing or roofers/roof cleaning etc. I dont know much about storage or pods biz but what is your thought process on why your customer that wants a storage unit to seek your service for PW except for the demographic that you mentioned. Sorry, confused.:confused:

Ken Fenner

Hello Randy and welcome to the forum.

I look at it this way.. business is business. If you understand and practice the basic principles of marketing, selling and analyzing your numbers properly, it doesn't matter what type of business you run, you will be successful.

Scott Davis

Florin I think he is looking at it like this:

Mr customer comes in to rent a POD because he is selling his house and needs to transport his things. Mr. customers also needs to spruce up his home to make it more appealing for potential home buyers. Knowing that, why not offer that service to them as well and make that customers life just a little easier.

You could also offer home staging for that type of client.

Randy Ketchum

Scott...Yes, you've got it, but farther than just improving curb appeal for a property 'going on the market'....home owners that want to spruce up a recently purchased home or a recently remodelled home, also knowing a prospect owns a large deck or patio, has a roof, siding or driveway/walkway in need of cleaning. I've provided a service, why not leverage the relationship to win more business.