• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Dog Crap

Marc Cournoyer

This was a first I had a house and vinal fence to wash today , started unrolling hose and stepped in a BIG pile of crap and slipped , as i looked aroungd I noticed land mines everywhere , I poiletly asked the home owner if she could pick up the dog feces so I didn't step in it and get it all over my hoses ect .. she flat out refused saying that is her dogs yard and he goes where he wants , skip the fence ok so there is a $200 loss so I start setting up for the house and same thing , crap everywhere, well same thing ding dong could you please pick up the crap , NO Im not picking up the crap , You should of explained your needs before you came , WHAT you have a contractor coming and you think it's all right to have him step in crap, sorry lady I don't work in dogcrap for anyone , have a nice day , well that $500 loss was the start of a crappy day arggggg:rant::rant:

Ken Fenner

Marc, sorry to hear about your day, bro. I would have picked it up and piled it all together in one place and then proudly told her of the extra FREE service we performed for her (and then pointed to the pile that was sitting in two inches of water). I'm talkin a big game 'cause it wasn't me out there. Knock 'em dead tommorow.

Scott Millen

One of my real pet peeves is to be reeling in hose, and smear dog feces on my hand or pantleg. I usually hook up a whip hose and wash off, but it still annoys me to no end. The more so when I am about to go meet another customer or something. I get paranoid and keep thinking I smell it on me, like I missed some on my shoe or something.

Fenner's plan is pretty good, except for the piling dog crap part.:pukey:

topcoat

Contributing Member
Gonna go out on a limb here and assume that this job was estimated and sold without a site visit. Primarily because I cant imagine not noticing the dog doodie landmine on the first visit. This is the sort of thing that should be addressed at the initial meeting, and at that point it is very easy to say: "...and I do request that these areas of the yard be cleaned up prior to commencement of work because..." Then, perhaps brief reference to it in the written or emailed quote. There is alot of talk about eliminating the initial site visit, but man there are alot of reasons why it is still time very well spent. In a case like this, it could save a customer or at least mutual frustration and alienation.

If there was a site visit in this case, I stand humbly corrected.
If there was a site visit in this case, how did you miss poochies poop?

Marc Cournoyer

Yes I visited the site , it was raining like hell and I could see everything I needed to wash from the truck (except the PooP) well error on me i guess I shoulda done a PooP patrol , It's still early in the season I wasn"t on PooP alert , the thing that really got me though was the flat out NO sorry it's HIS Yard ?? Oh and did I mention she was wearing scrubs .
Well I just sent her a free complimentary cleaning from Doody Calls (friends with the owner )maybe he'll get the PooP job and I'll be called back to wash:coool:

topcoat

Contributing Member
Marc

We have two labs at our house and its not until the snow melts that you realize just how much poo was generated over the winter. Its phenomenal. Even though she copped that attitude, it was probably embarrassment in reality.

Carlos Gonzales

Yikes...sorry to hear about that Marc.

When you and I hook up again...remind me to tell you a similar story that happened to me but it was much worse....poo tinky!!!:saai: :yes:

This was a first I had a house and vinal fence to wash today , started unrolling hose and stepped in a BIG pile of crap and slipped , as i looked aroungd I noticed land mines everywhere , I poiletly asked the home owner if she could pick up the dog feces so I didn't step in it and get it all over my hoses ect .. she flat out refused saying that is her dogs yard and he goes where he wants , skip the fence ok so there is a $200 loss so I start setting up for the house and same thing , crap everywhere, well same thing ding dong could you please pick up the crap , NO Im not picking up the crap , You should of explained your needs before you came , WHAT you have a contractor coming and you think it's all right to have him step in crap, sorry lady I don't work in dogcrap for anyone , have a nice day , well that $500 loss was the start of a crappy day arggggg:rant::rant:

Scott Millen

Marc

We have two labs at our house and its not until the snow melts that you realize just how much poo was generated over the winter. Its phenomenal. Even though she copped that attitude, it was probably embarrassment in reality.

Two wiemaraners here, I was going to say the same thing.

I do usually address this about the same time I let people know that although I speak dog, the hounds mustn't be in the yard as fences will be open etc.

I can see how in the rain that could get passed, the EntreManure thing is pretty clever though, might net you the job back.

Give us the scoop :)rolleyes:) after he visits!

ccpressureclean

I don't get it. It's just a little dog crap. I work around houses all the time with land mines everywhere, no biggie. Frankly I'd feel kinda stupid going up to the door of a homeowner to ask her to please pick up her dogs poop so I can clean here house.:confused:

It's part of the job. You deal with whats there, and find away to work around it. I can't believe you actually walked away from a job because of little poop in the yard. Tell me you are joking?:rolleyes:

Marc Cournoyer

Lance, there wasn't just a little PooP there was land mines everywhere , and she did say he's 130 lbs and goes where he wants. Sorry dragging my hoses through dog PooP is not part of the job , I couldn't work around it it was everywhere , I slipped on it and almost fell and now it's on the carpet of my truck argggg , I do mostly high end residential homes and most customers would be horrifed and embarassed to have that happen , one rouge pile I can deal with , but a whole yard and a Ignorant customer I cant . Lets not even get into the health issues . Oh yeah she requested I bring my own water she's on a well , I wonder how it tests out ???:saai:

James Foley

Marc, I was doing a Quote yesterday and stepped in a big one! That pleasant smell in my truck( I was like I didn't phart) and the yellowish mush around my boot that got on the gas peddle and floor of my truck gave me a good laugh. I had to stop and clean it up and this morning I have to pick out dry remains off my boot. I thought about hiring a Poop Scout to go ahead of me and flag the little Land Mines but it has remained a thought?

Gene Fivel

I would have blown it away with my x jet...LOL

Nichole

Ah...I would be mortified to know that my back yard was that bad! I would believe that I would say no to picking it up because I was too embarrassed to start picking it up while you were there.

And I could completely understand not wanting that crap (literally) all over your hoses and equipment. There is a sanitary issue there also. Ringworm and all the other fun parasites and bugs that dog crap has. Sorry you lost the job; I believe I would have made the same call you did.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
I have 9 dogs, I have a serivice. Its my kids.LOL the horses my wife takes care of.

Because I dont do residential, glad I dont have to deal with this.

I have 9 dogs, I have a serivice. Its my kids.LOL the horses my wife takes care of.

Because I dont do residential, glad I dont have to deal with this.[/quot]
Ron you have another landmind you have to keep eye out for around open gate dumpsters. I know resturant that gets few Humand land minds behind there dumpster so I think donnot mind so much animal kind but humans are different story.

Jeff Wible

I would have done the job and not said anything about the dog crap,...actually would have laughed it off,...I know because I've seen it lots of times. Not gonna let my business rotate around dog crap. And it sure ain't gonna ruin my day like it did yours. You could've took 1/2 hour to move it away from the work area,...it doesn't take a long time,...and you could've proceeded. I would have maybe asked her for a shovel,...but not the labor.

You most likely lost that customer and maybe others over dog crap. I can't even imagine having the nerve to ask someone who just hired me and is gonna help pay my bills,........ to clean up their dogs mess before I could begin.

You have to remember, we need customers more than they need us.

Jeff

Florin Nutu

I would have done the job and not said anything about the dog crap,...actually would have laughed it off,...I know because I've seen it lots of times. Not gonna let my business rotate around dog crap. And it sure ain't gonna ruin my day like it did yours. You could've took 1/2 hour to move it away from the work area,...it doesn't take a long time,...and you could've proceeded. I would have maybe asked her for a shovel,...but not the labor.

You most likely lost that customer and maybe others over dog crap. I can't even imagine having the nerve to ask someone who just hired me and is gonna help pay my bills,........ to clean up their dogs mess before I could begin.

Jeff

This is my thought as well. I, as a hired professional should have the tools and means to clean their home no matter what obstacle. I consider dog crap no different than flowers, tree, parked car, pots, lawn furniture etc. I either move it or I work around it. I understand upcharging because of it but since it was missed on the consultation then I feel you should have did the work.

Damaris Sutton

They have a huge service company in Florida called Pet Butler Custom poop removal on a service contract. They were only in high end areas ofcoarse. I would not see one of those in the hood lol.

One of their testimonies:"Don’t let your dog’s doo doo do you in!"

I swear you can not make this stuff up.

Last edited:

Marc Cournoyer

Jeff

Jeff this just wasn't one or two tirds this was a whole yard full and I had to do the house and vinal fence both sides I would have been picking up crap with a wheelbarrow all day , If a customer doesn't have the common courtesy or thoughtfulness to pick up dog feces off the ground before a contractor comes , I don't want to work for them , I was there to wash the house NOT pick up crap or smear it all over my rig and track it to some other neat, clean,homeowners house . If dog crap comes before house wash , then you can have all your crap :clap:

JC Galmiche

I ran into this the other day myself.I didn't notice the piles until it was to late.I was right at the hose bib ob the house and I was leaning over some bushes to hook up and it hit me.I actually thought to myself (Man this bush stinks like crap).I got back to the trailer to pull the pressure house off and it was on my shorts.HAHAHAHA All I could do was laugh at myself!

By the way it wasn't no dog made these piles it had to be a shettland pony!I stepped in one around the back that went up to my ankle!
HAHAHAHAHA Still laughing about it.