• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Please Welcome Your Deck Medic as our newest member!

Carlos Gonzales

Please welcome Deborah Balik of Your Deck Medic as our newest UAMCC Contractor Member to join our family. Your Deck Medic provides cleaning and sealing of your wood, concrete and masonry products. They will also pressure wash buildings or other structures.

Deborah...thank you for joining and we look forward to working with you in the upcoming years!

Deborah Balik

Thank you for the warm welcome. My name is Deborah (Deb) and I've been involved in the cleaning & sealing/ pressure washing industry for the past 4 years, and the owner of my own business the last two. Last year was tough. You probably saw our town on national news, with the flood that wiped out a majority of our downtown & several neighborhoods.

I already have several jobs for this year. A majority of my work is deck clean & seal. That is not enough to keep busy. I am interested in the most up to date information both technology & education. I want quality with whatever work is associated with my biz! What do you do to keep busy, and how do you market? My website is: www.yourdeckmedic.com

I own a holiday lighting/decorating biz that works from Oct - January. That keeps the income a little longer. Home Shows & Garden shows for leads.

I am very excited about this association! Exactly what I was looking for. Look forward to meeting you!

Deborah Balik
Owner
Your Deck Medic/Red Nose Lighting
Enjoy Your Deck This Summer
Specializing in the care of your wood, concrete & masonry products
319-558-8104

Attachments

• YDM Website logo (2).jpg
    YDM Website logo (2).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 20

Deborah Balik

Welcome aboard Deb.
Hello Rob, I retired after 29 years in insurance and got involved in the clean & seal industry 4 years ago. I planned to work thru to retirement (10 Years). Due to circumstances beyond my control I am now the owner of a two trailer - clean & seal business in my 2nd year of operation. I look at this as an opportunity for personal growth, and of course I need the income. My community was hit by the 500 year floods, dessimating several neighborhoods & our downtown. Thousands of layoffs in this 100,000+ community due to economy. I know that I have to versatile enough to do more than just decks.
I just went to your website to get to know you and your firm a little bit. While we do specialize in wood, concrete & masonry cleaning/sealing - it is not enough to keep busy. I want to get in to the fleet cleaning & also more cleaning of buildings/homes. How do you market to those areas? What associations do you belong to? I realize the more quality associations brings more education for me. Any suggestions for education? Myself & my crew are taking the WOLMAN certification. Any others specific that could be of benefit? What types of rates do you charge for the fleet and bldgs? I would appreciate the opportunity to pick your brain a little bit. Since we are in different parts of the US I wouldn't infringe on your area for business.