• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Myrtle Beach is burning

Roger Gothorp

Let's keep the Myrtle Beach guys in our prayers - seems to be trying to burn to the ground since last night.

Hope you are all okay as well as your families & customers!

Celeste

Carlos Gonzales

Thanks for posting this Celeste...I am 3 hours behind and just saw it on the news ~ WOW.

You guys in MB.....chime in and lets us know what is going on!!!

Mike Cooke

Yeah I'm ok and talked to Jeff he's ok the from what I've heard about 40 homes damaged and still moving. Its in the Barefoot resort area where I clean alot of properties from what I'm told those are not affected its on the other side near the Dye club where the million dolar homes are. They are not letting anybody on Barefoot resort property right now I got a lift over there that we were trying to get out just in case!!

Jfife

Off subject of whatever Celeste was talking about----

But I hate buying that ins, and the rental guys always ask if you have a policy that covers rentals.....called my ins and it was going to cost a small fortune! Can't remember the total, but nearly as much as liablity as I recall...and my liability is like $2200.

Jeff LeCours

Its all OK where we are, its on the north end. Dave V had a scare yesterday, they started a voluntary evac of Carolina Forest but the wind shifted away and all is OK for him and his family. It was REAL windy yesterday and it cauesed the problems, lots of smoke and Hwy 31 closed. The Plane water tankers are suppose to be here soon

Eric Flynn

Its all OK where we are, its on the north end. Dave V had a scare yesterday, they started a voluntary evac of Carolina Forest but the wind shifted away and all is OK for him and his family. It was REAL windy yesterday and it cauesed the problems, lots of smoke and Hwy 31 closed. The Plane water tankers are suppose to be here soon

Thats right, I forgot Dave was there also.
Glad you guys are safe.
Scary stuff.

~Jen

Jeff LeCours

Well the darn winds changed and its getting closer to Dave V's neighborhood. People are evacuating NOW. Just got off the phone with Dave, he and his family are all packed and ready to roll the rig out of there and go to his mothers. He said its about 3 miles away and the winds are kicking up

Best of luck Dave we are praying for it to miss you.

aquapropw

yea i called dave and offered some help this evening, my wife works for an insurance agency and was telling me she had 5 total loss claims by lunch time. so keep on praying not for us but for alot of the people that lost everything, thank god no lives lost as of now..thanks again guys.

Eric Flynn

I said a prayer today at work for Dave and his family, as well as everyone in MB.

The more prayers the better, so please- lets everyone give the man upstairs a "shout out" real quick for the folks in MB.

~Jen

David Vicars

Hey everyone. Thanks for your prayers, well wishes and phone calls.
We are alright for now. We're packed just in case. One shift in the wind and it's on.
They have it 40% contained, these men and women are working their butt off to keep us safe. I have said alot of prayers for them.
17,000 acres burned so far, 69 homes destroyed, 100 damaged, and 8 cars burned. Thank GOD, no casualties.

I'll check in later with an update.
Thanks again everyone, you guys and girls are great.

Greg Nash

The 98 fires in florida came within 150 feet of burning my house down. I know the feelings your going through dave and I wouldn't wish that feeling of being helpless on anyone. all those in MB are in my family's prayers as well as the firefighters.