• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Can you believe this?

Damaris Sutton

I had a guy who had a 3600 SF house he claimed was only 2600SF.
It was 1.5 stories with a two car garage.
He wanted his synthetic stucco cleaned and some vinyl siding.
He wanted nothing else washed, but it was dirty with plenty of mold.

I quoted a simple spray chems and wash them off, rid the dirt and mold price for $375.

He wrote back he could do it himself if he had a day or he could hire a guy for $15 per hour and come out 1/3 to 1/2 cheaper, but did not want to have a guy using his equipment(homeowner) with no liability.

He cut me a sweet deal :rolleyes:

If I could wash the whole house including soffits and scrub the gutters for the same price he would give me the job as long as I could get it ALL clean.

:pukey: O.K. now that I cleared my throat. What would you have said?

PressureWashE

you win some you lose some, I had a Woman call me today she wanted her 2 story house 4450 sq/ft washed back yard cool crete patio 200 sq/ft and 80x20' driveway cleaned... I quoted her 560

Never heard back from her, Guess it was to much.. seemed good to me..

John

Damaris Sutton

They want clean, uniformed, licensed, liability ins, references, your own equipment with tanks so you do not use their water along with references, but they want you to charge a Micky d's hourly grill worker wage?

I am done with the cat and mouse game. When I see the flags I will go back to the bunker and fortify.

PressureWashE

They want clean, uniformed, licensed, liability ins, references, your own equipment with tanks so you do not use their water along with references, but they want you to charge a Micky d's hourly grill worker wage?

I am done with the cat and mouse game. When I see the flags I will go back to the bunker and fortify.

yep exactly sad thing is I pre qualified her on the phone.. turns out she is an oncologist at md Anderson here in Houston, Loaded down...

and she said she wants it all clean for a party she was going to have on Saturday.. so another bonus.

So I thought surely id get this one.

and maybe I still will get it, and she will call tomorrow. Who knows..

deach

Well Jimmy, you win some and loose some. Sounds like a good one to walk away from, or counter offer with a higher price for all he wants done...

Damaris Sutton

I think not winning every estimate is a good thing. usually the home owners who only speak on price would probably not even appreciate the effort anyhow...

Rob Huffman

I always have another client calling in when "they" start trying to tell me how to do "my job"....his name ---- Mr Click.

Never let them start telling you how much, when, etc. If this starts on the phone it will almost certainly continue when you arrive to do the work and surely will happen when it comes time to get paid.

Scott Davis

I had a lady contact us by email a few days ago, and for some reason, forgot to write her or call her back until yesterday. Her house was 2000sqft w/ a 2 car garage, should have been around $350. When I got a hold of her, she said that she had already gotten a couple of estimates and the service was more expensive than what she had anticipated, because the other companies quoted her $275!!

I asked her what she expected to pay, and she said the last guy who cleaned her other house charged $100 and the house was 500 sqft bigger!

I just told her that I was glad I called before I came out for the estimate, because we would have been about $75 more than the other guys.

Those are customers I dont want anyways.

Jbruno

I'm giving out prices this year, and I won't budge. I've let people get a few bucks here and there in the past, and then there where the could you "hit" this while you're here folks... sure, for another $60 bucks each time you say "could you hit this"

If they think they can get it cheaper and better, then be my guest. eventually the cheaper guys fade away

Ken Fenner

Jimmy, that is the stance you take once you have been in business for a little bit. You realize quickly that every little "can you just hit this" ends up becoming excessive time and aggravation that is costing you money. It is stated clearly in my contracts that NO additional work will be performed outside of what is stated in the original proposal. When a customer asks one of my guys they just say "I'm sorry we are not allowed"

Damaris Sutton

Jimmy, that is the stance you take once you have been in business for a little bit. You realize quickly that every little "can you just hit this" ends up becoming excessive time and aggravation that is costing you money. It is stated clearly in my contracts that NO additional work will be performed outside of what is stated in the original proposal. When a customer asks one of my guys they just say "I'm sorry we are not allowed"

What I propose is to give the customer what they want on the next call to see what their reaction is. If they want a discount say on the paint job. I am likely to say" Sure Mr. Customer, I can discount you as long as I can use the paint I had stored in the back yard. You know, the one with the lid that is so rusty that I will have to chisel the lid off and hope that the rust does not land in the paint. If it does do not worry, since you have had a tetanus shot you should be o.k."

Or better yet...

I brew my own paint from goats milk. It goes on sweet and dries sour, but who cares YOU SAVED MONEY!!!

I think I can create the home versions of Earl Scheibs. He might have given away paint jobs, but he was a house hold name and was very rich.

:headshakesmile-fast