• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Tennis Courts...again

SVPWLLC

So, after much research...still no perfect solution. Can not find a way to get my machine down to 500 psi and still spin a surface cleaner. They need about 1000 to run. Too much psi and you either peel the coating or remove the abrasive sand. It has been suggested that I use some sort of rotary brush machine (like a floor polisher w/ brushes) The issue with that is they use a cleaning solution that could make the surface slippery. Really just want to use hot water to break up and remove surface oils and dirt. The only solution I found is a proprietary tennis court surface cleaner that is $3800. Not really in the budget now...If anyone has any further ideas, please let me know. Thanks...:confused:

Isaac Baghdanov

I am doing a small one tomorrow, I will spray some housewash mix, dwell and rinse with a x-jet. Maybe not the most efficient, but it will not damage the surface. Last week I lost a tennis court job to a low baller, when I inspected it, they had tore up a few sections. So be careful.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
We just did an inside Tennis facility a couple of weeks ago and the trick is with the hot water and raising your tips high enough off of the service to not cause any damage, What we did was use our house mix and 3500psi with hot water and 40 degree tips on the spinner bars which were raised about 5" off the ground which means that the psi hitting the ground is 3500/5 which is only 750psi. If you raise your tips to 6" you maybe be better off with 3500/6=about 590psi which is a very safe number which to not cause damage. Here are some pictures of us cleaning this facility.

SVPWLLC

We just did an inside Tennis facility a couple of weeks ago and the trick is with the hot water and raising your tips high enough off of the service to not cause any damage, What we did was use our house mix and 3500psi with hot water and 40 degree tips on the spinner bars which were raised about 5" off the ground which means that the psi hitting the ground is 3500/5 which is only 750psi. If you raise your tips to 6" you maybe be better off with 3500/6=about 590psi which is a very safe number which to not cause damage. Here are some pictures of us cleaning this facility.

What surface cleaner are you using? I am using a Landa WaterJet and have been told by Landa that I have to have 1000psi to spin the arm. I like your idea and actually had the same thought myself. I ran it by another guy and he said if I went to 40 degree tips that I might get stripping. My unit only raises about 2 1/2 - 3" off the surface so that is a problem too.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Shane-- I actually used my Swabby surface machine for this job. I can tell you in the past we have stripped the Tennis courts so its kind of a risky job if you don't do it right. The 40 degree tips made the fan pattern pretty wide and since they were so high off the ground there was no stripping..

Attachments

• johns pictures 025.jpg
    johns pictures 025.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 35
  • johns pictures 019.jpg
    johns pictures 019.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 30
  • johns pictures 014.jpg
    johns pictures 014.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 26

SVPWLLC

Holy jeez man! A Swabby 48! I was just reading about those monstrosities today! No wonder you have so much flexibility in your nozzle to ground height! Nice work. Hopefully some day I can have one!