• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

PSI, Volume & Nozzle Quantity???

SVPWLLC

:frusty: OK, here goes. Need some help here. 5gpm @ 3300psi is what I am running. Want to leave the unloader alone if possible. Is it possible to run 4 turbo nozzles (one lance w/ 4 nozzles)? Not concerned with psi loss at tip...as a matter of fact, wanting to reduce it considerably. Just not sure if we're dealing with a volume issue now. Help me out guys...please.

plainpainter

I've seen some looney questions in my life - but that's a real doozy! LOL- 4 turbo nozzles from one wand - LOL!!!L!OL

If this was even remotely possible - you would have to have 4 nozzles with 1/4th 'cleaning units' power of one properly sized turbo nozzle. So why bother?

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
:frusty: OK, here goes. Need some help here. 5gpm @ 3300psi is what I am running. Want to leave the unloader alone if possible. Is it possible to run 4 turbo nozzles (one lance w/ 4 nozzles)? Not concerned with psi loss at tip...as a matter of fact, wanting to reduce it considerably. Just not sure if we're dealing with a volume issue now. Help me out guys...please.

I don't think you're going to end up with any cleaning units with that setup. A long time ago I tested cleaning some filters with an 1800 psi electric unit @ less than 2gpm. Actually it worked ok, but took a lot of time.

Not knowing much about cleaning units went from that to a 2.8 gpm gas unit and a dual turbo setup. I even experimented around with one of those water brooms with four turbo's on it.

The answer is yes, it can be done, but you will have to get some small turbos and it reaches a point where the cleaning units go down instead of up.

Chad Johnson

What exactly are you trying to acheive by doing this?

Tim Fields

Shane,
The smallest turbo that I saw on PressureTek was a #3 nozzle. 4 of them
would equal a #12 nozzle. Using the Barens calulator I quoted on your earlier thread show that your pw'r would produce 694 psi at 1.25 gpm. That doesn't seem like it would spin too well.
Three #3 would give 1235 psi at 1.66 gpm. That doesn't seem like enough either.
Like the first response to your post above, I don't have any experience with ganged turbo nozzles, but I do give you props for not giving up, and continuing to try to do a good job with the equipment that you have to work with.

SVPWLLC

I've seen some looney questions in my life - but that's a real doozy! LOL- 4 turbo nozzles from one wand - LOL!!!L!OL

If this was even remotely possible - you would have to have 4 nozzles with 1/4th 'cleaning units' power of one properly sized turbo nozzle. So why bother?

As a responsible business owner, I am trying to come up with a solution that increases my productivity and does not damage my customers surface. This excellent forum is an opportunity for newbies and seasoned professionals alike to bounce ideas and questions off one another for the express purpose of helping them. If you take a moment and read the other replies, you will see what I mean.
The negative and smug answers that you usually provide are no help to anyone and it's a shame that you feel you must respond in such a manner.
To everyone else that replied, thank you for the POSITIVE feedback and support. It is greatly appreciated!

SVPWLLC

Thanks Tim. Just trying to figure out how to clean these courts w/o tearing them up and do it in the shortest amount of time. Doing the whole thing with a wand would take forever and the cost to the customer would go up exponentally as compared to using a surface cleaner. Problem is, I can't figure out how to get a surface cleaner pressure low enough to not tear things up and still spin the arm. My thought, as silly as it might seem, was building a "water broom" with the turbo nozzles mounted about 12" from the ground. Just not sure if it would work and considering the cost of the nozzles, thought I would run it by you guys and see what the general concensus was...