• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Motor Up-Grade

Guy Blackmon

O.k., the 20hp Honda on my Alkota (800hrs.) is nickle and dimeing me, so I want to replace it with a 24hp Honda. Questions are, #1 is the 24hp the same size as the 20hp (height-width)? #2 What serial number or code prefix do I need to use (I know the model) #3 Where is a good source to buy this motor??

Reason I'm going to a 24 is I'll be up-grading the pump (tsf-2021) later to make it a 8 gpm unit.

Current unit is Alkota 5355J 5gpm ts-2021 pump.

Drock

Try tulsa engine warehouse. Great service and advice. Just did the pump upgrade that your planning about two weeks ago. WELL worth it !

Derek

Paul Kassander

UAMCC Associate Member
If you are looking to get the full performance out of that pump you will need at least 28.1 hp. You may want to consider moving up to a 30 hp engine like a Kohler. The 24 will work on the alt spec of 7@3600psi though.

To find out what is required take gpm x psi /1000= requires hp gas engine.

jouli

I read your post and totally agree with you.Its nice sharing.web sites are source of information and this is one of them I book mark it and mail all of my friends to must check it.

Chris Tharpe

I would agree with Paul on this one guy, if your already going to buy an engine and invest 1200+ on it go ahead with the 30hp and leave yourself some room to run a generator if needed

John Tornabene

Member Guest
I just bought a 13 HP honda Engine thru www.envirospec.com and there easy to order online catalog and the fact that shipping has been free and there prices are excellent I would look to buy from them. I buy alot of stuff from them online because I need to order parts at the wackiest of times and the online catalong is like a 24 hr service. I think there online store is just about the best on the net.

I also bought some parts today from www.sunbritesupply.com who also has an excellent online catalog and My wife called www.acrproducts.com also today to get some more chemicals. All of these companies are one of many that we use and they all serve a great purpose in getting the parts that you need at a very reasonable cost.

Good luck.