• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Lost a "shrub"

Jbruno

Customer just called and said that 2 shrubs in front of the house went brown and lost all there leaves. It was the third time I downstreamed with the prescribed mix. They have other plants that didn't lose any leaves or turn brown...

I always pre-wet and rinse after with fresh water...

Anybody have this happen to them? could it be overload of water, chems, or both? could the wind have dried out the leaves and 'burned them'?

powerwashing4u

I like Beth's advice except, I would go back and prune it, feed it and water it. Then stop back in a couple of weeks to see if you need to replace them. I would not make my problem their problem if you think you did the damage.

Ken Fenner

I had it happen times nine of them when using a restoration acid during a drought. It happens sometimes no matter the precaution. If the plant has at least 40% or its leaves left, it will come back greener and healthier than ever in a month. If all the leaves are gone, those bushes are probably dead.

Beth Borrego

I like Beth's advice except, I would go back and prune it, feed it and water it. Then stop back in a couple of weeks to see if you need to replace them. I would not make my problem their problem if you think you did the damage.

If you are not a certified Master Gardener, I would not suggest doing what I listed yourself....

http://www.ahs.org/master_gardeners/

Let the homeowner do it or have their landscaper do it, they know what food is best for what kind of plant, what pH different plants like, when some are active vs dormant, etc. They will appreciate the offer of replacing them, just ask them to call you if they don't bounce back.

Beth

Jbruno

12er Citracleen, wet wax, foamer, and water. I may snip a few branches and see what happens. It has gotten plenty of water, because it rained like heck St. night.

I did a drive by tonight and it didn't look like all the leaves where gone. The customer isn't calling for my head, so we'll see if they bounce back!

Damaris Sutton

12er Citracleen, wet wax, foamer, and water. I may snip a few branches and see what happens. It has gotten plenty of water, because it rained like heck St. night.

I did a drive by tonight and it didn't look like all the leaves where gone. The customer isn't calling for my head, so we'll see if they bounce back!

Spray some Peters 20/20/20 at about 1 table spoon ber gallon of water on the plant. If you can get some ozmacote and somehow get that to the roots it will greatly help. You will probably only get the homeowner stuff, but if you have a gardner friend you can get the contractor stuff and it works great. Everytime we have planted shrubs, flowers or whatever else we test the pH of the soil and check the suggestions to the zone we are in and bring it to acceptable levels, but the ozmacote works wonders with accelerated growth.

Jbruno

One was a barbara shrub, the other was a willow bush and an Almond something. Not all the leaves are gone, but they defenitely shriveled. And It may have been a combo of chems and hot water... I used 85 degree water to start the job because it was like 55 degrees when we started the job?????

powerwashing4u

I can see where Beth has a point. My thought was I may not be a Master Gardener but if I am going to replace the shrub anyway how much more damage could I do? My mom IS a master gardener so I would call her with an SOS. Maybe you could call her. :yes: