• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Hi Everyone!

SuperNewbie

I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to all of the contractors on this board. I have been lurking on here and TGS for quite some time. I am planning on starting my business very soon. I have been researching equipment and supplies, getting insurance quotes, brushing up on small business skills/marketing.

I have experience in housewashing with an X-Jet, window and gutter cleaning. I have a few decks under my belt, but I am looking for a contractor who would be willing to trade labor for learning. I have seen the thread on here fo LFL, but the newest one is from last year. I need more experience in deck restoration,(stripping, brightening, time saving, etc.) Would also like to learn anything else you're willing to teach me. Preferably in the Midwest, but would consider almost anywhere.

I have thought of starting this type of business for about 3 years, but I'm finally going to take the plunge. I had a lawn care business for over 4 years, until I got divorced. I had 40-45 customers every season. I think there are more lowballers in that field than this one.:yes:

Hope to gain some of the abundant knowledge floating around here, and contribute in the future.

Thank You