• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Recent Roof

Doug Dahlke

Donating Member
Here is a roof my son and I did today. We used a Delevan. One day hopefully I will have a gas powered pump with reels, etc for roof work.

Attachments

• SM B.jpg
    SM B.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 42
  • SM A.jpg
    SM A.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 38

RoofClean David

Nice work Doug.

With your current setup, how long did this job take you and did you rinse or just tarp, pre-wet, apply chemicals and leave?

What cleaning chemical are you using?

Doug, FYI- The bigger gas pumps only allow you to move quicker or add another person (dual hose reel 5.25gpm at 100psi) to help apply chemicals to the roof surface.

See our setup under roof cleaning for ideas when you are ready to step up to the next level. Our setup may give you some helpful ideas.

Its main advantage is on big jobs over 3000 sq. ft. or on multi story roof where you can't pump the chems up to the roof from the ground.

By the way, If you do not have 5/8" hose now, Should you ever decide to go to 5/8" your flow and pressure will improve greatly at the tip over 3/8".

Keep up the great work!

Doug Dahlke

Donating Member
Thanks for the replies. This job took about 5 hours. The left side of the house and about half of the back was over thirty feet up. We had to mave a forty foot ladder around the house to get those places. We rinsed most of it but in a few places I didn't. We used a mix of water and SH with a cup of Simple Cherry mixed in for every five gallons.

I am running 5/8" hose. One thing that slowed us down was I only had the one ladder stand off so in some areas where we were using the forty footer I applied the chems and then waited with the ladder in place to rinse.

The gas set up would be nice because I wouldn't have to worry about a dead battery and I could run two guns. If I had three guys on this job with some extra stand offs I am sure we could cut down on the cleaning time considerably.