• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Dog it?

Terry Miller

We do a lot of residential cleaning. One problem is pets. They sniff you and lick you! Yeck! One thing we found is bringing a small bone ot treat for a dog or cat treat. They will (hound) you for more, but soon learn you are out of goodies! They, however, are your new (pur-fect) friend. The customer will recognise this and appreciates it. Remember, their pet is part of the family. The customer wants us to treat them as such. A treat may make the difference between a growl ing customer and a pur-fect one! LOL What if anything do you do for animals? Please don't say mace! Thank You.

aquaman

I keep it simple. Put your dog inside!! I also ask that they pick up the dog crap in the area I will be working in and close all windows. I ask them to remove anything they don't want washed including wind chimes and stuff off the decks. Usually I don't have a problem with them doing this because they don't like to pay me to do it!!

Terry Miller

aquaman,
Our clientel is a little different. They treat their dogs as their kids! LOL We have to do the same for them. We protect their property as needed. This all comes with the job and price. Thank You.

aquaman

aquaman,
Our clientel is a little different. They treat their dogs as their kids! LOL We have to do the same for them. We protect their property as needed. This all comes with the job and price. Thank You.

I think that most customers care for their animals the same and it doesn't matter what part of the world you live in. I find it to be safer for the animals to be inside. Once in a while a hose may blow or an animal may escape through an open gate. It seems like common sense.

Terry Miller

Correct, What is the wildest animal story you have? I had one where bats lived behind the shutters. Man we had a few hundred to deal with that day. No one got bit so we were OK! LOL

Doug Dahlke

Donating Member
I did a house last year and a bat was attached to an outside window sill taking a nap. First shot at it from about twenty feet with an x-jet stream of just water. It didn't budge. I finally used an extension pole to prod at it until it let loose and flew off. The entire time I am trying to get it loose the homeonwer is standing off to the side screamimg.

Two years ago I was rinsing a 2 story house. I was having a little trouble getting a mud daulber (not sure of the real name of it) off of the facia just under the gutter. I was almost directly under the area i was cleaning when i felt something land on my shoulder i quickly knocked it off. It was a baby rattle snake that must have been living in the gutter. The zero tip made quick work of him or her.

Ken Fenner

Had a deck a few years ago that had no steps and the H.O. was not home. I placed the ladder and up I went. The guy that was with me called me for something. I kept climbing and turned my head. When I grabbed the handrail I felt something crunch and thought I grabbed a 220 outlet. Seven simultaneous hornet stings. By the time I got down off the ladder my hand looked like Mickey Mouse's.

I have in my contract that no pets can be outside when we arive for work. The guys are under instruction to turn around and leave the job if any dogs are roaming the property. The last time we proceeded to do a deck with a roaming pet the dog shot around the corner and ran across freshly laid, full strength HD-80. Within minutes the dog was crying and yelping. I felt so bad I spent the rest of the afternoon rinsing its paws with lemon juice and nursing it back onto its feet.

Terry Miller

The worst stings I ever had was 7 yellow jackets at the same time. I pulled a shutter off and they came at me like crazy. Unfortunately I was on a short roof at the time. I had to take it like a man!!!LOL

Jim Chesmore

I did an estimate and noticed PILES of dog crap all over the yard. I knew it would be a PITA to clean off my hoses so I raised the price a little. On the day I showed up to wash, there was a truck parked in front of mine. It signage on the side said "Moble Pooper Scoopers" (or something close to that). This guy started a business going to houses and picking up crap on a weekly basis. I didnt ask what he was getting for each job but I thought it was a great/creative idea!

Florin Nutu

Just this last weekend I was washing a roof and heard my helper scream and start running around the roof flailing his arms like a mad man. He got stung and was being chased by a swarm of bees. He aparently reached underneath a roof overhang and thats where their nest was. I'm surprised he didnt run right off the edge of the roof. Kinda funny looking back.