• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Need Your Help Guys

Eric Flynn

Ok. We are officially stumped.
We have been working on this building since Friday.

The main part of the building has given us nothing but problems. The surface appears to be some sort of concrete with small rocks embedded in it. (I included a close up so you could see).

Underneath the windows and right below these decorative columns (which appear to be aluminum) are black streaks.

So we thought, no big deal. Its mold.
Not so.
These streaks have not come up with anything we have attempted. Thanks for all the suggestions from Mike, Chris, and Jeff.

Here is what we have tried so far:

1. Downstreamed hot 12.5% (even let it sit overnight)- Didnt touch it.
2. Strong concentration of F13/water (let sit overnight)- Didnt touch it.
3. Stong concentration of Simple Green/water- Didnt touch it.
4. Straight Simple Green and scrubbed- Didnt touch it.
5. Potassium Hydroxide/water - Still didnt touch it!

Is there anything else we could try? We dont want to throw in the towel just yet!

Thanks Everyone,

Eric

Attachments

• 05-07-09 123.jpg
    05-07-09 123.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 05-07-09 126.jpg
    05-07-09 126.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 05-07-09 125.jpg
    05-07-09 125.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 44

David Vicars

Eric, take your regular house wash mix. Pour some in a bucket and brush that on straight. I do that on stucco privacy walls that are stained bad.
If that doesn't work, try some safe restore.

Ken Fenner

Eric, take your regular house wash mix. Pour some in a bucket and brush that on straight. I do that on stucco privacy walls that are stained bad.
If that doesn't work, try some safe restore.

+1. Try X-jetting on straight 12% or brushing like David mentioned. If they are still there, you need acid on there.

Jeff LeCours

This is more than the regular wash, lots more. This is a restoration job now. I saw Willaim Paige and Ron give you some advise, also EACO CHEM will help you find a solution

Every once in a while, you will get these nightmare jobs. Hope it works out for you guys.

Might want to get with the owner of the property and explain, before you lose your shirt. find a solution to this and you just might be their Hero. Best of luck

Eric Flynn

Dave, yes I did put straight 12% on a test spot and brushed it on. That stuff did budge!

Jeff, I will be calling the owner first thing in the morning to discuss what I have done so far, and the next few steps I will be taking.
If that doesnt work...I may have to just let it go.
Its a very old building. Probably hasnt been cleaned in YEARS, if at all.

Guys, I just wanted to say THANKS for all of the suggestions, PM's and phone calls. It means so much that people are willing to help you out in a time of need.
You guys are awesome.
I have a few more things I am going to try tomorrow.
We will see what happens.

Gonna be up late tonight so call if you want.
Jenny and I will be getting some much needed relaxation (after being beat down by the building from hell) with the help of some alcoholic beverages! :yes:

Eric

Jeff LeCours

Tell them to paint that fricking monster and be done with it. Hey maybe you can get the paint contract:rolleyes:

Enjoy your ****tails, tomorrows another day

I have had a couple nightmare jobs, one I finally got clean(lost my shirt), the other I walked away withing the first couple hours

I have learned to do test spots on bids that I think may be funky

John Tornabene

Member Guest
We just cleaned a building that had stain like that in we got them out with a Prosoco product that was a Masonry cleaner which we scrubbed on straight just on the black lines. I'm hitting a blank at this moment if it was Sure Kleen or Custom Masonry Cleaner but it was a Prosoco product and with those lines even straight Chlorine will not even put a dent on them. The prosoco product when poured straight into a bucket without cutting it with water it was smoking. Strong product but worked great. www.prosoco.com is the website.

Good luck

Eric Flynn

Well it's over, whew, they were happy with what I had got to get clean. Together myself and the PM chalked it up to "lack of maintenance" regularly scheduled cleaning and sealing. learned my lesson on this one to do test spots before bidding..

...... Oh, by the way, found out today that my next door neihbor is a PM and she has two bldgs. that need cleaning asap. I went to check them out and its the same stuff :eek:aaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhh! We will see how this one goes. :Smiley-2041:

Eric

Jeff LeCours

Well it's over, whew, they were happy with what I had got to get clean. Together myself and the PM chalked it up to "lack of maintenance" regularly scheduled cleaning and sealing. learned my lesson on this one to do test spots before bidding..

...... Oh, by the way, found out today that my next door neihbor is a PM and she has two bldgs. that need cleaning asap. I went to check them out and its the same stuff :eek:aaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhh! We will see how this one goes. :Smiley-2041:

Eric

Thats funny two more buildings just like it. Figures Huh.

You will have a few more lessons in the school of hard knocks Eric, its just part of biz, its all how you deal with it brother.

Good luck, Keep on keeping on

ROBERT SCHMIDT

TRY A PRODUCT CALL BREAKER WE USE IT ON GUTTERS AND ANY TOUGH STAINS, WORK BETTER THEN GUTTER ZAP LESS MONEY AND NO SCRUBBING , SPRAY LET DWELL FOR A FEW MINS RINSE AND DONE CALL ME FOR THE INFO:got-hooligan: