• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Life is good

Jeff LeCours

Hey everyone, how the heck are you? You know going into 2009 many including myself wondered how 2009 would be for all of us. the economy had me worried and I know others had the same concerns. well from what I am seeing out on the different BB's and with talking to many contractors around the country, things look pretty darn good.

I know there are some that could be doing better and I wish you all luck and all I have to say is keep going after the work. Things could of ended up bad for many. I think most of us are lucky that this year is going pretty darn good

Myself April & May have been the best two months I have ever had.
Looking back I went fulltime in March 2004, thats not really to long ago. The year before that 2003 i thought I did well. Well this April I did as much work as I did in ALL of 2003 and the same with May

Everybody , keep plugging away and have a great 2nd half of 2009

LIFE IS GOOD

Carlos Gonzales

Great thread Jeff! Washers are busy and work is getting done. There is more work out there...just got to find it.

The BBS is slow and that is OKAY...We would rather see folks spending time behind a wand verses in front of a keyboard.

Rock on baby...rock on!!

Scott Davis

Last week was our second biggest week ever, and our first biggest was in March. May has finished as our biggest month in 2 years.

Life is VERY good

Eric Flynn

We have been booked solid for the past month and 1/2! :biggrin:
Between running the business full time and the other FT job, poor Eric has had 1 day off! But he just keeps on keeping on!

Jeff, we were a little skeptical also about '09 but, all of a sudden, the phone started ringing and the email has been blowing up!
Some of the customers where from the home show a while back!
May has been our best month ever and June is looking even better.

Eric and I were having lunch today before he had to go finish up a job and I had to go into work. All of a sudden I said "I just love this industry!". LOL...:yes:

Scott, Im glad you guys are hoppin' too.
Things are not slow here on the Gulf Coast...Thats for sure!! :clap:

In the words of the King:
I love PWing...
I love UAMCC...

I not really sure I love our X-Jet because most of the time we downstream...(ahahahaa) but we still use it sometimes :) :rolleyes:

~Jen

Jeff LeCours

We have been booked solid for the past month and 1/2! :biggrin:
Between running the business full time and the other FT job, poor Eric has had 1 day off! But he just keeps on keeping on!

Jeff, we were a little skeptical also about '09 but, all of a sudden, the phone started ringing and the email has been blowing up!
Some of the customers where from the home show a while back!
May has been our best month ever and June is looking even better.

Eric and I were having lunch today before he had to go finish up a job and I had to go into work. All of a sudden I said "I just love this industry!". LOL...:yes:

Scott, Im glad you guys are hoppin' too.
Things are not slow here on the Gulf Coast...Thats for sure!! :clap:

In the words of the King:
I love PWing...
I love UAMCC...

I not really sure I love our X-Jet because most of the time we downstream...(ahahahaa) but we still use it sometimes :) :rolleyes:

~Jen

LOL LOL

Jen, it is a great industry, you work it and work it hard and chances are better than not you will make it. Its all in what you put into it. You guys are an inspiration to watch, watch as you grow. It wont always be easy street, but eventually it can be.

I could stop growing my biz right now an live OK, but I alway have this urge to grow, its kind of fun. You two someday will be the KING & QUEEN of your area, if you want it

I LOVE spraying water for a living
well actually I LOVE watching my crew spray water to make me a living LOL. I'm getting soft, I get mad now if my guys get over spray on me LOL LOL

I love PWing

Keep on keeping on...Life is GOOD

Eric Flynn

LOL LOL

Jen, it is a great industry, you work it and work it hard and chances are better than not you will make it. Its all in what you put into it. You guys are an inspiration to watch, watch as you grow. It wont always be easy street, but eventually it can be.

I could stop growing my biz right now an live OK, but I alway have this urge to grow, its kind of fun. You two someday will be the KING & QUEEN of your area, if you want it

I LOVE spraying water for a living
well actually I LOVE watching my crew spray water to make me a living LOL. I'm getting soft, I get mad now if my guys get over spray on me LOL LOL

I love PWing

Keep on keeping on...Life is GOOD

Thanks Jeff! I just love your positive attitude. We learn from the best.
We WILL be the Gulf Coast King and Queen one day soon most definitely!:yes:
Right now, Im kinda the Queen in training...or the PWing Princess! LOL....!!

It really is fun to grow and we are loving every minute of it! :cool:

~Jen

Jbruno

I recently put in a bid for a homeownwers association... $90,000 worth of work, and they buy the material. Got a call 2 days ago that I'm 1 step closer to landing it... But they are going to spread the work over 3 years and needed my % increases for the entire contract. Fingers crossed!!!! It's 224 decks 7x13 clean and stain, 48 concrete patios 7x13 clean, 52 breeezeway entrances to be cleaned... I have my painter involved for the application purposes. other than that, It could be all mine! Plus a renewal of the contract when the work is done.

"Just like painting the Golden Gate Bridge; when you get done, you start all over again!!"

plainpainter

Jeff - I wonder if there is a 'critical' mass or whether or not what trade you are in that dictates how we are faring in this economy. I know from talking to some landscapers - they are booked out like crazy - high end landscapers. But when I go into the paint stores - they are real quiet and all the guys at the counters says everyone is hurting really badly. Even in a bad economy there are always a few guys at the top that are doing really well.

I would hesitate to call 2009 a 'good' economy - I know oodles of contractors from electricians, plumbers, tilers that have had lots of layoffs and business way down - I just don't see '09 being good all-around. I see some contractors being smart - having invested and opened up design centers to go with their flooring and tiling business and doing good business. I experienced a massive 'feast' in the month of April - and now going through a 'quiet' period for the last 3 weeks.

I myself have seen an increase in my washing business due to my internet presence and guerrilla marketing - but all my other avenues from other marketing are way way down. I don't buy into the 'good' economy yet in my area - I don't see it.

Jeff LeCours

Jeff - I wonder if there is a 'critical' mass or whether or not what trade you are in that dictates how we are faring in this economy. I know from talking to some landscapers - they are booked out like crazy - high end landscapers. But when I go into the paint stores - they are real quiet and all the guys at the counters says everyone is hurting really badly. Even in a bad economy there are always a few guys at the top that are doing really well.

I would hesitate to call 2009 a 'good' economy - I know oodles of contractors from electricians, plumbers, tilers that have had lots of layoffs and business way down - I just don't see '09 being good all-around. I see some contractors being smart - having invested and opened up design centers to go with their flooring and tiling business and doing good business. I experienced a massive 'feast' in the month of April - and now going through a 'quiet' period for the last 3 weeks.

I myself have seen an increase in my washing business due to my internet presence and guerrilla marketing - but all my other avenues from other marketing are way way down. I don't buy into the 'good' economy yet in my area - I don't see it.

I hear you Dan. I am talking about pressure washing, not other trades. I know a ton of other trades are hurting big time. I just actually find it kind of surprising that many in the PW industry are doing as well as they are

Dan, many I talk to are ones that go to RT's or have gone to one at least, maybe you should get to an RT. It gets you a little motivated. Now of course many that havent gone to RT's are doing well. Many established businesses are doing fair to great, either side of that is good in this economy. I dont say the economy is actually good, but in my case and many other washers, it is surpringly good. I feel for all the workers that are getting and have ben laid off, its sad

Dan, you are new to washing, pretty much, its usually 2-4 years before you start to feel this biz is working. I really think you always have to think about ways to get the jobs and try them all

Good luck to you

Eric Flynn

I recently put in a bid for a homeownwers association... $90,000 worth of work, and they buy the material. Got a call 2 days ago that I'm 1 step closer to landing it... But they are going to spread the work over 3 years and needed my % increases for the entire contract. Fingers crossed!!!! It's 224 decks 7x13 clean and stain, 48 concrete patios 7x13 clean, 52 breeezeway entrances to be cleaned... I have my painter involved for the application purposes. other than that, It could be all mine! Plus a renewal of the contract when the work is done.

"Just like painting the Golden Gate Bridge; when you get done, you start all over again!!"

Wow that is great Jimmy!
I hope you get it!

~Jen

Mathew Johnson

Dan,

Keep at it.... The economy seems pretty good here in the country. We posted our biggest April since we went into business and It look likes we will be posting our biggest May since we have been in business.

The one thing different that we do from you is that we rely on the internet (our website) for ZERO jobs and leads. We use it to help close Jobs. As a result of this months revenue, based on our budget we have an additional 1100.00 surplus marketing dollars. We will apply it to different advertising avenues not tried in the past. Some of it works and some doesn't; it is kind of like playing the lottery. We do use the guerrilla marketing concepts that you mentioned as well.

Keep at it and Good Luck...

MJ

Mathew Johnson

LOL... Hey lowballer, you are killin us with those low prices in the upstate Big Apple.... Tommy D and I are comin for you.... gonna take you on a Deep Sea fishin trip!

Call when you can.

MJ

Ken Fenner

Dan, rising gas prices are indicative of a recovering economy. There are plenty of reserves and surplus production to keep prices down. What's happening now is that supplying nations are beginning to hoard the reserves in anticipation of the global economy coming out of the recession.

I cannot keep up with what's going on here. Some key players have either gone out of business or are getting out of decks. Got a call from a contractor the other day that now wants to send me all of his leads. I'm looking down the pike of having a large portion of market share in my county (500,000 people)

plainpainter

Dan, rising gas prices are indicative of a recovering economy. There are plenty of reserves and surplus production to keep prices down. What's happening now is that supplying nations are beginning to hoard the reserves in anticipation of the global economy coming out of the recession.

I cannot keep up with what's going on here. Some key players have either gone out of business or are getting out of decks. Got a call from a contractor the other day that now wants to send me all of his leads. I'm looking down the pike of having a large portion of market share in my county (500,000 people)

500,000 people in one county! That blows my mind - I thought I lived in a populated area - big box McMansions give that effect. But when I looked online at the statistics, I realized there ain't many folks in my county. When I did some infousa statisitics of three wealthy towns I wanted to target - and only narrowly refined my search to house value 350k and above - 5 year ownership - 35-59 yrs old - I only came up with just over three thousand names from 3 whole towns!!!!!!

Population density has a big effect on our businesses.

Don M.

April and May have been good for us so far. The funny thing is we havent done a lot of decks, but the decks we are doing are between 3500-4500 dollar decks.

Me and Barry M. have a little competiton going on in June. Who can have the most gross sales. Barry, you better get your selling pants on. If the weather holds out the first week I will have 7k during the first week. LOL