• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Gutters and Trees

Carlos Gonzales

I am sure this has happened to most of us. Your cleaning a residential gutter line and you come upon the branches of the big oak tree hanging in the gutters? Do you upsale the customer to trim them back or just keep moving on down the gutter line and don't mention it?

Just curious....

Isaac Baghdanov

Nope, have to be a licensed & bonded landscaper to do that here. Nope never mind, looks like I can if the branch is less than 3" round and 15' high, or 4" if at ground level. But, I must be already performing "landscape maintenance" so I guess not:beatdeadhorse5:

Jeff LeCours

I report all issues to the property managers. Most I have agreement with if theres a problem I take care of it, while I am there, so it cost them less. If I can take care of something for them and it saves them money. Its good for them and good for me because I helped them out

Some managers i would have to get the OK first, so I just report the problem to them and they either ask me or they take care of it later

I dont do any residential homes but I love gutter cleaning at complexes. Its a very profitable service

A word of advise....if you dont put in your marketing to Property Managers that you clean out gutter..DO IT, let them know you clean out gutters PUT IT IN YOUR ADVERTISING. Many contractors will not do gutter cleanouts and when managers find someone that does, thats your foot in the door for your other services

Isaac Baghdanov

I report all issues to the property managers. Most I have agreement with if theres a problem I take care of it, while I am there, so it cost them less. If I can take care of something for them and it saves them money. Its good for them and good for me because I helped them out

Some managers i would have to get the OK first, so I just report the problem to them and they either ask me or they take care of it later

I dont do any residential homes but I love gutter cleaning at complexes. Its a very profitable service

A word of advise....if you dont put in your marketing to Property Managers that you clean out gutter..DO IT, let them know you clean out gutters PUT IT IN YOUR ADVERTISING. Many contractors will not do gutter cleanouts and when managers find someone that does, thats your foot in the door for your other services

My good PM always asks if I do gutters, even though they know I do??

Carlos Gonzales

Great points Jeff!!!