• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Sh15%

Terry Miller

We are setting up a tank in our new shop. A 200gal. tank with spigot. What precautions do we need to take. I have never had this before. What do I need to do for a base and look for to provide safety. Any suggestion would greatly be appreciated. Thank You.

Doug Dahlke

Donating Member
When I was a plant manager in the textile industry we had to store chemicals on top of special pallets that would hold the contents of the liquids stored on top of them. Sara Tilte III also requires that the local fire department be notified of the type and location of large quanities of chemicals stored in a facility. I don't know if 200 gallons qualifies or not. You may also want to look into where the lquid would run to if it spilled and have a plan and equipment in place to block storm drains, contain the spill and clean it up.

Terry Miller

Do you guy use the spill pallets? I am trying to order one. It's like anything else, very slow response. We'll place our tank in the corner for protection and safety. I believe we will go down to a 100gal. tank. We cah have orders by phone or automatic. I'm still not sure of the price. Somewhere between $1.50-$2.00 per gal. 15%. It sounds good? Thank You.

Ken Fenner

Terry, that would be a great price for 15% around here. Keep in mind that 15% degrades very quickly so you are wise to get the smaller quantity to keep on-hand.. unless of course you are using a couple hundred gallons per week. You may have to adjust your percentages when mixing solutions. After a week in storage that 15% will drop to 10-12%.

Terry Miller

I recieved my 15% supply and doing well with it. I finally got priced at $1.80/gal. It will give me some latitude as for pricing and not running to the pool store daily. The company is called OP Aquatics. Barberton, Ohio. Bob from PT turned me onto them. Thus a benefit from a great Vendor. They have other stores but I'm not sure where.