• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

PM house

Jeff LeCours

Anybody do any FREE work?

I offer to most of the HOA Community Managers I work for to wash their houses for free. I do about 7-10 a year. Some HOA Community managers wont take me up on my offer because they see a conflict but many now call and ask me, most offer to pay me but I will not take any money from them. I feel its the least i can do is wash their houses and of course it helps my biz, because they are more likely to call me for bids. I did one the other day and got a job on a complex the next day

We have the owner of a PM companies house to do Friday too

I also offered to a few receptionist of PM's and have done a couple, they think its great and yes are always willing to help me when I call.

The return and goodwill is well worth the free house wash

Something for all to think about.

There may be rules against it for commercial managers, I am not sure on that end

Good luck all

DJ Carroll

Right there with you JL ... We planted 4 trees for the Asst. Plant Manager that gave us a bunch of work last month at one of the factories. I also bought lunch and I always buy my clients dinner if I see them out with just their spouse .... picking up a 20 - 30 dollar check goes a long way with people...

Ken Fenner

Its actually not tax deductible, Terry. I'm not correcting you for correcting you's sake. I don't want to see you get jammed up.

LeoMoreira

That's work really well for us.
We've done over 100 townhouses for a HOA last April and May and all starts with an offer to do their Club house for free.
We have "free-lunch" schedule with some big decision makers inside their headquarters and the will give us 20 min. to present our company and what we can do.
That's a good investment.

Terry Miller

Ken,
I will check with my accountant today for info. I will get back with you. I believe any work not paid for, or taken at a loss is decuctable. Thank you.

Ken Fenner

I went through it with my accountant two years ago. That's the only reason I have been brought up to speed on it. The materials you use on the job, however, can be deducted. That only applies to charitable orgs though.

Jeff LeCours

I went through it with my accountant two years ago. That's the only reason I have been brought up to speed on it. The materials you use on the job, however, can be deducted. That only applies to charitable orgs though.

Ya, thats how it was explained to me also from my accountatnt. I tried to write off a couple things and he said no

Even free always pays off

I have done my share of freebies.....its simply the cost of doing business and it will get you way more in return than what you gave out in the free wash........my$0.02 :yes:
Mike