• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

So, When Is It Time, To Say Its Time????????

Guy Blackmon

Last week at my benny job, a situation happend to which I was called into managements office and had my butt chewed. Now there was no way I could have stopped or prevented the situation from happening, and was not responceable for the area in which it happend, and was dressed down nun the less.

In 11years with the same company, this has never happend. I've never been written up or anything of the like, yet was treated with total disrespect. So Now I'm thinking, Is It Time.

In my Business Plan, it says that after 5 yrs I should have the equipment and knowledge to leave my job and go Full Time, so far I'm 2yrs ahead of seclude. All of my equipment is paid for, I have the titles for everything (Thank you Lord).

Please understand, I'm not talking about leaving right now, I never jump into anything without checking out all the angles first. But it looks like the first of the season, next year.

Thanks for any advise or story you wish to share.

Ken Fenner

Guy, knowing you, knowing your careful consideration of the business aspect and your ability to grow a business. Don't even think twice about it.

In your analysis of the numbers, factor your loss of bennies and winter income. I will never work for someone again if God spares. I would sooner grab a paint brush and go door-to-door painting house numbers on a curb before I would consider going back to corporate. I have to be the boss. Call it a personality flaw, I call it a gift. My tolerance for the situation you went through is zero at this stage of my life.

Florin Nutu

I say do it. I just went full time on April 1 due to pretty close circumstances as you did. I was hesitant cause I did not have a lump sum nest egg that I couldv fallen on if it went sour. I quickly got my reserve cash within a couple months of being able to work it full time. So far it has been the best decision I've ever made in my life next to finding Amy. Life is good now. Not stressing over money as much. Got more time for the family. Don't have to answer to no one but myself and god.

You seem like a guy with a good head on your shoulders. Again, I think you should do it. Pick a date, write out your notice to have it ready. Set a game plan to market hard just before and go full speed ahead. My 2 cents anyways.

Terry Miller

Guy,
As with any major change for me, I first write it down. Positive and negatives. Let it sit for a day, read it over, make changes then read it again a few times. I would say, the butt kick came from someone higher up that is under pressure and having the same butt kick from someone else. The trickel down effect? Times are tough and I watch things I did not worry about a year ago. Just a sign of the times. Things will blow over?

Guy Blackmon

Ken, Thank You!

Jeff, Nothing Has Changed

Florin, Thanks, You and I think in similar ways.

Terry, You are a wise man, already have a list started.

Like I said, this is not something I plan on doing Now. A major decision like this cannot be fueled by emotion, this is a business decision.

Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Randall Brooks

What I would do before doing anything is sit down and figure out what it would take for me to "stay" with the day job. Like some ridiculous raise and company car,,lol...Walk in and say as bold as you can, "I want,(insert laundry list including the kitchen sink here) and thats what it will take for me to continue putting up with your BS,,,LOL,,,,Otherwise I'll have my resignation in to your boss' office on Monday. Matter of fact say all that to your boss's BOSS. :clap:

I had a friend who worked for a big grocery company (Bi Lo) in the marketing side and another company (Haris Tetter) made an offer which was much better. He went in and did that being a smart azz because he didn't want to stay with Bi Lo anyway. He DOUBLED his salery which was six figured to start with and asked for a new company car EVERY year and a bunch of other stuff (x tra paid vaca's at specific locations, ect,,) that didn't have anything to do with his job...LOL They agreed to everything and put it in writing,,,he went back to the other company and told them what they offered to keep him so they asked him what would it take. He hit them up for another 50 percent raise and even more perks with a contract for job security. They gave in to everything. This guy was a jokester type and the things he put it was like new shoe's every month and stuff like that....It was funny as heck and we all laughed for years while he was livin large.....LOL