• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

You got a problem?

Terry Miller

No posts here for awhile. Unbelievable that no one has any problems with inflation! I believe everything we do will have some impact on our business. Our biggest problem today is getting the phone to ring. Yesterday I had five estimates and today, not 1 call? Crazy times are here again. So what are your problems? Thank you.

Doug Dahlke

Donating Member
Here are some of my recent problems

1) trying to do an exterior paint job with cold temps
2) employees not showing up
3) equipment issues
4) I need more work
5) slow to pay accounts

I feel better now.

David Vicars

You know I look at it like this. My phone not ringing that much, so that
tells me or drives me to get off my butt and make it happen.

Don't take that the wrong way. I'm a glass half full guy. If my family is
alright, than life is good.

Fortunately I don't have equipment probs or anything like to deal with.

Scott Millen

My problem today is one I rarely run into, but one I was anticipating with this customer.

He is a local contractor, that inherited his father's father's business, and has slowly run it earthward. He isn't a bad guy, just not the best businessman in a very competitive field, with a few bad habits associated with riverboats and the trappings of riverboats.

Anyway, he is sending one piece of heavy machinery each week off to auction, and I've been sprucing them up. Not usually work I do, but his shop is near mine, and it is easy to fill tanks and stop by after a days job and take 1 or 2 hours to clean a machine when he calls.

The last time I did one was yesterday afternoon, suddenly his phone isn't getting answered. I'm not gonna freak over the mini I charge him for this work, I really don't need the hassles of that, and I know where he lives. I'll eventually get paid.

My problem is that I just knew he was going to do this this time. Just a strong feeling I had when we talked on the phone and then later in person.

I haven't really found a way to tell a guy that my alarms are going off, and I want to be paid in advance. Especially since I've always asked to be paid upon completion in the past.

Just goes to show that you find often find people circling the drain because, like water seeking its own level, they belong there.

Anyway, can't be helped, and this one mini going unpaid won't send me to the poorhouse, it just irks me.

A lesson learned I guess.:rolleyes:

Terry Miller

WOW! I knew this was a good heading, just no posts. We certainly don't want to bring folks down by complaining about problems. It does feel better though to share the Wealth( Not). I also have most of the problems listed.

Michael, We are lucky in not having to replace anyone for a year!
Scott, I'd let the guy know you need the $ up front to pay your bills. He'd understand. He has the same problems?
Dave,
You know where I come from. Work is work. Having a 1/2 galss of water is good. We are working every day and no one sent home because of lack of work for months. Hope fully we can stay that way.
Doug, Sound like most of us! Keep fighting and enjoy the good life.