• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Cleaning Artificial (Synthetic) Turf

David Styles

UAMCC-Member
I have been asked to provide an estimate to clean artificial turf. This guy has a chipping area and putting green on his property that are both made with green artificial turf. Have any of you cleaned this before? I am expecting to see mold and mildew, in which I should be able to downstream SH on it (testing an area first). Just wanted to see if anyone has any tips (or warnings). Thanks.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
I have several customers that have AstroTurf on walks, decks and docks and have had success using a surface cleaner with the pressure lowered.

David Styles

UAMCC-Member
One other thing: I have the feeling that the chipping area is a deeper, plush turf with the putting green flat and smooth. Thanks and I will post pictures after my estimate on Saturday.

David Styles

UAMCC-Member
Here are three pictures of the turf. It's' not what I expected out there as it turned out to be basically turf over concrete with heavy foot traffic and its not a very large area, maybe 20' x 50'. He wants to know if it can be cleaned up to like new condition. I almost think I should just pass as it seems he needs to call a carpet cleaner. Would any of you pressure wash this and how would you do it?

Attachments

• DSCN5447lr.jpg
    DSCN5447lr.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN5448lr.jpg
    DSCN5448lr.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN5450lr.jpg
    DSCN5450lr.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 33

David Styles

UAMCC-Member
I was expecting to provide an estimate for his turf, which he doesn't need cleaning yet. Instead he wants to have this indoor / outdoor carpet cleaned instead (along with his house).

Tom DeFrancesco

Hope this is not a silly question, but is that actually dirt or are the fibers wearing away???? Only reason I ask is because I looked @ an identical job 3 weeks ago and it was not dirt. It was wearing away.