• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Another deck Strip, ph Balance and stain project for a deck.

Damaris Sutton

After deck strip and pH balance. This was my wifes B-Day present. Bringing home the bacon :>)

IMG_0389.jpg

After Armstrong-Clark Natural toner application.

DSC00125.jpg

This project is the 3rd I have completed off of a network friend who does all their deck building. I am starting to pick up all their exterior power washing and roof washing as well. When I complete them i will bring the photos for y'all.

ShineBrite LLC

Contributing Member
Nice looking job. What was on it before?
I have stopped offering natural to my customers. Cedar tone or super cedar will almost always please when I show them pine samples.

Ken Fenner

Florin.. Clear sealers look like hell in 9 months-yr. You have to strip them off to clean the wood underneath. I have had a handful of people thinking clear was what they wanted. I think clear looks terrible, expecially on cheap wood like PTP. As soon as the customer sees what a good quality semi trans oil looks like, they abandon the notion of wanting a clear.

Isaac, PTP = Pressure Treated Pine. Its abundant here in the east. I think that's what Alan was referring to.

plainpainter

The second pic has a blue hue cast to it - you should fix that photo - because of it the first pic looks more like it was stained than the latter pic. This looks like brand new wood right out of the lumber yard - am I right? I am not sold on sealing brand new lumber, the stain just doesn't soak in, and it doesn't last.

Florin Nutu

Florin.. Clear sealers look like hell in 9 months-yr. You have to strip them off to clean the wood underneath. I have had a handful of people thinking clear was what they wanted. I think clear looks terrible, expecially on cheap wood like PTP. As soon as the customer sees what a good quality semi trans oil looks like, they abandon the notion of wanting a clear.

Isaac, PTP = Pressure Treated Pine. Its abundant here in the east. I think that's what Alan was referring to.

Hmmmm. Now you got me worried. I did two hardwood decks with clear just a wek and a half ago. One was tiger wood with cedar rails and the other was mahogany with no rails. Now it wasnt completely clear though... it has the color of wtw warm honey gold but they call it natural. I will try and post a pic.

Damaris Sutton

Believe it or not this deck is a year old when I was handed the job. These properties are residential homes that they keep the physically and mentally handicap in. All of the decks I worked on they wanted the natural tone. They do not want the semi trans for some reason, but I have them now on a once a year maintenance of cleaning and re staining.

These are the only customers that have asked for this stain color. As far as the photo quality. I am having my digi worked on, so its camera phone until then.