• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Hello from Canada

Soleil Shepherd

Hi everyone,

My name is Soleil and my husband and I own Spray Wave Mobile Wash In Winnipeg, Manitoba.
We've only just opened our doors this spring, however my husband has been washing as well as supervising for 7 years.
He left the industry 4 years ago and we've been saving ever since! Finally we got the cash together to buy a nice unit. My husband is so proud to have a nice new machine, he calls it his cadillac :) He'd never washed with anything even remotely new before...

In any event, I have many years experience as a General Manager, so that is my function. Jerry is teaching me to PW, I'm just not sure that my arms will ever build enough stamina to make it through an 8 hour day!

I would like to thank Carlos as well as everyone else for the warm welcome. There are no sites or organizations like this in Canada and I appreciate you sharing this opportunity with us.
I enjoy learning more about the business through these forums as well as seeing another way of doing things. As a GM I am always looking for a better, more efficient and financially pleasing way of doing things :) Hopefully, I too can contribute in areas that perhaps others are not as strong.

I look forward to someday meeting you in the future :)

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
The "A" in UAMCC does not stand for America. Welcome aboard anytime we can help our northern neighbors. Heck you will probably help us also. I have driven the Alcan highway and what a beautiful country. Gas stations are a little few and far between. LOL

I guess we have a new region now. Canadian Region might want to add that to the listing Carlos.

Jeff LeCours

Hi everyone,

My name is Soleil and my husband and I own Spray Wave Mobile Wash In Winnipeg, Manitoba.
We've only just opened our doors this spring, however my husband has been washing as well as supervising for 7 years.
He left the industry 4 years ago and we've been saving ever since! Finally we got the cash together to buy a nice unit. My husband is so proud to have a nice new machine, he calls it his cadillac :) He'd never washed with anything even remotely new before...

In any event, I have many years experience as a General Manager, so that is my function. Jerry is teaching me to PW, I'm just not sure that my arms will ever build enough stamina to make it through an 8 hour day!

I would like to thank Carlos as well as everyone else for the warm welcome. There are no sites or organizations like this in Canada and I appreciate you sharing this opportunity with us.
I enjoy learning more about the business through these forums as well as seeing another way of doing things. As a GM I am always looking for a better, more efficient and financially pleasing way of doing things :) Hopefully, I too can contribute in areas that perhaps others are not as strong.

I look forward to someday meeting you in the future :)

Well congratulation on starting your biz and congrats on the "Cadillac" > I remember buying my 1st peice of real equipment, I was pretty proud of it. Feel free to ask any questions, there's some good info already here if you read some of the old threads. The great thing is the more you read, network with other contractors and continue with your biz the more efficient you will get. My crews do things in half the time they did less than two years ago. You should really network with some of the northern contractors, because they deal with a lot of the same weather issues you do. There's a great bunch of contractors here and we are glad to have you here at the UAMCC

Welcome
Jeff

Soleil Shepherd

I've been considering it, however we've already gone away for two weeks this summer.
If we don't make it this year we will make it a must for next year :)

Carlos Gonzales

I've been considering it, however we've already gone away for two weeks this summer.
If we don't make it this year we will make it a must for next year :)

Pencil us in Soleil and KEEP AN EYE open for some announcements about the convention that may help you decide to take the trip!!

Did you receive our email today from the UAMCC?

Soleil Shepherd

Yes I did Carlos, and the convention looks as though it will be both informative as well as a lot of fun.

I look forward to learning some new things and maybe having some beverages with everyone either this year or next.

The problem with me coming this year is that some people might get upset when the new girl takes home the new hot water skid! :Smiley-2020:

Carlos Gonzales

Yes I did Carlos, and the convention looks as though it will be both informative as well as a lot of fun.

I look forward to learning some new things and maybe having some beverages with everyone either this year or next.

The problem with me coming this year is that some people might get upset when the new girl takes home the new hot water skid! :Smiley-2020:
Soleil,

You are going to do just fine around here!:yes:

Scott Millen

Soleil, welcome to the UAMCC!

Some of my earliest memories are of the Winnipeg zoo. My folks took me there when I was just a mite.

I was born in North Dakota, and still have a great deal of family there, so I know a bit about the challenging nature of the weather for PWing.

If there is anything I can do to make a day easier for you two, please call, my phone is always on.

As an aside, I like the Soleil/Sunshine connection. I had a friend in college we all called "Sunny" and we never knew until she graduated that her given name was actually "Soleil". I don't know why she would choose one over the other, but I thought of her as soon as I saw your name and handle. Thanks for the reminder!:cool:

Soleil Shepherd

You guys are really great. I come from "Friendly" Manitoba and I don't think we could even hold a candle to the welcome that I am receiving here :)

It's nice to come across someone familiar with Winnipeg, and the Freezing cold winters! I'm actually just trying to decide what my action plan is going to be to fill our winter with indoor work as well as what my cut off temperature for fleet washing is going to be:eek: I am NOT looking forward to the cold!

I look forward to meeting you and your wife in the future and appreciate the offer of assistance when we need it. It's nice to know that there are people there to help you work through things at times. I'm pretty sure my competitors in the city would have a nice chuckle if I called them up for advice!