• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Would this be considered Fleet Washing?

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
I have been running this add in a local weekly free paper called the peddler. Kind of like a penny saver or thrifty nickel type of paper. It is doing very well. over 2k in sales and $45 in cost for 3 weeks. 100% closing rate on calls from this add.

I got a call from a lady today that asked if I do fleet type washing and I told her we could. Well a long story short she did not have an address. They were a traveling carnival set up on a vacant lot.

Well tomorrow I am cleaning 8 rides, 2 bunk house trailers and 2 generator trailers. May be more to come next week and they may also use us when they are in the area.

Talk about a call from out of the blue. She found my add and called. This is gonna be interesting. I will get pictures tomorrow.

Attachments

• 2244165.jpg
    2244165.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 49

Jim Cooney

I had a similar call last year. Worked all night long. Took me 3+ months and several letters from my attorney to get paid. B & B Amusements (AVOID).

Make sure your contract states COD. Another FYI is that the rides and other equipment is high voltage, make certain all current have been disabled and locked out before starting. There was an incident in Orange County, California maybe 15 years ago about a guy pressure washing a ride getting fried.

Carlos Gonzales

I had a similar call last year. Worked all night long. Took me 3+ months and several letters from my attorney to get paid. B & B Amusements (AVOID).

Make sure your contract states COD. Another FYI is that the rides and other equipment is high voltage, make certain all current have been disabled and locked out before starting. There was an incident in Orange County, California maybe 15 years ago about a guy pressure washing a ride getting fried.

Great advice James...thanks for chiming in!

welder

Once a carney always a carney. !!!!!

From a carney to you. Keep all loose equipment locked up. You might be working on their equipment, But you are still just a town mark. And a free roll of electrical tape or a cordless drill is still free.

Specify cod. not a check when you are done. CASH !!! You will need to stand at the window of the office trailer to get paid. DON"T leave with out it. The office trailer has a safe in it full of cash. That is how they pay for everything.

Power to rides. Most shows have a few generators, 100 -- 150 --- 200 kw in that range. They don't run them all the time, but they are usually tied in and synced together. If you have a amp probe, every ride has to have it's own ground rod, set the probe over the ground rod to check for feed back and or a short in the ride. If there is any amperage in the ride, have the show electrician pull the breakers from the junction box. Do not trust that just being shut off is good enough.

Water. Most shows have a spider web of hoses on the lot, but there will not be near enough to supply your machine. I hope you have a large supply tank. It might take for ever to fill when you are there. AND the show would appreciate it if you used rubber hose instead of plastic. The taste of plastic feeds back into the water system.

What show is it?

One other thing, just so You know, every carnival needs a sponsor. Elks, fire dept. etc, find out who their sponsor is if you have problems getting paid. The local FD doesn't want those kind of headaches, so they would help you get paid.

Last edited:

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
As promised here are some pictures from today.

Thanks Trevor for the input.

Attachments

• Before 1.jpg
    Before 1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 41
  • After 1.jpg
    After 1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Before 2.jpg
    Before 2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 46
  • After 2.jpg
    After 2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Before 3.jpg
    Before 3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 37
  • After 3.jpg
    After 3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 42

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
Here is 2 more. This slide had mold growing on the inside walls of the slide. YUK!

Learned alot today. One thing is that I did not charge enough. All the littel nooks and cranies that had road filth. It took a lot longer than I thought it would. I did finish the work and also told them that I did not charge enough but they want more done the next time they are in town and will be calling.

We had a 325 gallon tank and had a hose running into the tank while we were cleaning. Beats making more trips for water. The funny thing is that they thought it would take us 2 days. Thunder storm came through about halfway through the day. Every time we moved to a new ride I made them disconnect the power cables. Lockout was not good enough for me. We disconnected both ends of the power cables. Yea I did keep the truck locked all day and we never left the vehicles alone.

Attachments

• Before 4.jpg
    Before 4.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 32
  • After 4.jpg
    After 4.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 32

welder

What was the name of the show? I am glad it worked out for you. If you didn't do them wrong, they will call you back. If it would be worth it, maybe tell them you will travel a few miles (100?) to a different spot to do more work.

Fair season is upon us and rides are made of paint and glass. Gotta look good for fair season. :clap: good job.

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
Can't remember at the moment who it was but they are out of New Smyrna Beach, FL

We have already talked about that and they have several shows within 80 miles.

welder

The name of the company was WK Entertainment.

They are going somewhere in KY next week but want to call us when they come back to TN

Well, one thing about a show, if they like you, they like you and will keep your name forever. It is a very close nit click. So you either did it to cheap or you did a hell of a job or both. either way, if your in, your in. Good Luck!

DJ Carroll

The name of the company was WK Entertainment.

They are going somewhere in KY next week but want to call us when they come back to TN

I know exactly where they are going... That is the company that does our local county fair .... That's crazy lol I thought those rides looked familiar lol...

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
Well, one thing about a show, if they like you, they like you and will keep your name forever. It is a very close nit click. So you either did it to cheap or you did a hell of a job or both. either way, if your in, your in. Good Luck!

It was both. Price will go up next time or they can do it themselves. Small rides are not a problem but those large ones take some time because of all the different angles you need to hit it from.