• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Info request

Randy Borio

Got a call from a lady with a slate roof on an apartment building she just bought and she would like me to bid cleaning it. What would be the best way to get this done? Never cleaned any roofs before. All I know about slate is you don't want to walk on it. So I know I need a lift of some sort. Drove by today but didn't have the camera with me (that will NEVER happen again) and surprise it's 2 stories high. I do know from the Real Estate listing that the building is 1900 sq. ft. with a 500 sq. ft. addition all with slate. the roof has mold / algae growth. I'm not sure about this one, it is really taking me outside my comfort zone.
Thanks
Randy
815-481-2292

I would have to agree with Pat. A two story slate roof isn't the one you want to attempt as your first. Find a local roof cleaning contractor and sub it to him with the condition that you're going to be part of the labor so that you can get the training and exposure while insuring that it's done correctly. You'll still be able to profit from it, both financially and by gaining experience.

Randy Borio

That is a really great idea. My problem is I don't know of any in this area. If anyone knows a roof cleaner in the North Central Illinois area (intersection of Interstates 80 & 39) will you please forward me their information? Or mine to them?:yes:

Chris Tucker

Got a call from a lady with a slate roof on an apartment building she just bought and she would like me to bid cleaning it. What would be the best way to get this done? Never cleaned any roofs before. All I know about slate is you don't want to walk on it. So I know I need a lift of some sort. Drove by today but didn't have the camera with me (that will NEVER happen again) and surprise it's 2 stories high. I do know from the Real Estate listing that the building is 1900 sq. ft. with a 500 sq. ft. addition all with slate. the roof has mold / algae growth. I'm not sure about this one, it is really taking me outside my comfort zone.
Thanks
Randy
815-481-2292
I agree with Don Phelps, slate is not a good roof to start the learning curve on, especially a 2 story slate roof.
Here is a video we made when we cleaned this slate roof in the exclusive Avila community, north of Tampa.
It belongs to Fred McGriff, the famous baseball player, and was over 10,000 sq ft.