• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Use For A Zero Degree Tip Nozzle?

Carlos Gonzales

I have heard and seen the damage that a zero degree tip nozzle can do. From blasting away at stucco to a ill informed applicator trying to "clean" up the stain on a deck.

Besides the horror stories out there..and there are many, what use do you have for the red tip in your arsenal? For me, I like blowing out downspouts with it. With that said...do you as a matter of practice 1st blow out the downspout before you work the gutter line?

Let hear what others use the "Red" one for...anybody.

Oh...since we are talking about gutters/downspouts...anyone still use a shepherds hook?

Florin Nutu

I have heard and seen the damage that a zero degree tip nozzle can do. From blasting away at stucco to a ill informed applicator trying to "clean" up the stain on a deck.

Besides the horror stories out there..and there are many, what use do you have for the red tip in your arsenal? For me, I like blowing out downspouts with it. With that said...do you as a matter of practice 1st blow out the downspout before you work the gutter line?

Let hear what others use the "Red" one for...anybody.

Oh...since we are talking about gutters/downspouts...anyone still use a shepherds hook?

I have only used mine for the same thing. Got a ball valve setup and I have ana attachment which I made from an old hose which a 20ft length hose with a male qc on one end and a reduced femal qc that I have the red tip connected on the end and I feed the line down the downspout and turn on the ball valve. Havent found a spout that I coulddnt get unclogged easily.

Jim Chesmore

I have only used mine for the same thing. Got a ball valve setup and I have ana attachment which I made from an old hose which a 20ft length hose with a male qc on one end and a reduced femal qc that I have the red tip connected on the end and I feed the line down the downspout and turn on the ball valve. Havent found a spout that I coulddnt get unclogged easily.

now that sounds cool, do have any pics?

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
I can honestly say I've never used the red tip. That said, I use zero degree tips all the time - for downstreaming distances. In fact, I have 4 different tips, depending on distance and strength of mix.

Rick Petry

mmmm...great comments so far. Makes me kinda wonder why the "Red" was even invented :confused:

Carlos,

We like 0 degree tips. After customers try and strip or clean their own wood, and tear the living bejesus out of it, we get the call. Its good for new business!

Ken Fenner

Carlos G, the only reason I can think of to use the red tip (0 degree at rated pressure) would be to knock down nests and maybe pop gum off of sidewalks.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Carlos,

We like 0 degree tips. After customers try and strip or clean their own wood, and tear the living bejesus out of it, we get the call. Its good for new business!

I actually have a customer that almost lost her foot washing her driveway. Pulled the trigger with the gun pointed at her (bare) foot. Injection injuries are bad, took almost a year to heal.

Russ Spence

I use them on house washes!

Now think outside the box on the question that was asked.

We us a 0 tip with a 40 orfice to spray chems up high! I know alot of you know that I cant believe no one said it yet?:headshakesmile-fast