• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Commercial Building Wash

Darl Hite

Ok all of you building wash gurus. Went to look at the building pictured below. It is a concrete 2 story building that is showing mostly dirt running down from the top cap. My question is can this be cleaned with a normal house wash mix from the ground and rinsed or do you have to get up close and personal using a lift and pressure wash it off or do you have to use some sort of acid?:rolleyes:

Thanks for any info.
Darl

Attachments

• Bldg 1.jpg
    Bldg 1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 69
  • Bldg 2.jpg
    Bldg 2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 66

Henry Bockman

Based on the landscaping and everything else involved in the job I'd do it from a lift. You can use a good house washing like Power House and SH to clean this in most cases. Some times you might need to use an acid but it all depends on what the building is made of and exactly what your removing. If it's paint oxidation or heavy carbon deposits I'd use Heavy Duty Restoration cleaner from Prosoco.

If you have any more questions give me a call.

Bryan Otten

I would use my house wash and spray from the ground and I would say it would come clean no lift involved. :Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010::Smiley-2010:

Jeff LeCours

DO A TEST SPOT before bidding porous concrete can be anything from a simple house wash mix to heavy restoration like Henry said

TEST SPOT

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
DO A TEST SPOT before bidding porous concrete can be anything from a simple house wash mix to heavy restoration like Henry said

TEST SPOT

We just did a building like this and the windows were stained .So we ended up using Safe restore. Now safe restore will kill plants so look closely at your surroundings.Allways test! You may get away with pumping 12%SH strait on. Oh buy the pics you need a lift it will cut your time down and you will get a better job. If you are not sure about taking on a job of this size, look for a partner who can show you the ropes the first big building out.These are money makers . So go for it!
Jimmy v

Roger Gothorp

Monica - Please note, the companies on this forum ARE professional cleaning companies so suggesting getting an expert or a pro tends to make it look like you're not comprehending the reason for the post?