• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Must be the drugs, but here I am!

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
My doctor has me on several really good drugs to counteract the pain I am experiencing from my recent (last Wednesday) partial knee replacement. I see him tomorrow and hope to have him renew at least one of them. :)

Anyway, I've been sitting/laying around since I got out of the hospital on Saturday and got to thinking that its was about time I joined this bbs and contribute to the org. As most of you know, I was an early advocate of UAMCC, but have had to be content with observing from the sidelines. I will be rehabbing for a few months so I may have a little more time to "play".

Oh yeah, did I miss it, or is the cost of membership listed somewhere?

Last edited:

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Hey John--Good to see you here. Who knew that the older we get the Docs med's are like Candy to us now:) At least your Knee operation is in the slow time of year which is right about now. As far as I know the UAMCC has not formally announce what the yearly membership will be.

My wife and I will be at ACR's roundtable and last heard the UAMCC reps are planning on speaking there or at the very least networking with other contractors. Stay tuned here because obviously when the word gets out it will be posted here.

Don't mix the "Candy" with Wine..ooph...

Jeff LeCours

My doctor has me on several really good drugs to counteract the pain I am experiencing from my recent (last Wednesday) partial knee replacement. I see him tomorrow and hope to have him renew at least one of them. :)

Anyway, I've been sitting/laying around since I got out of the hospital on Saturday and got to thinking that its was about time I joined this bbs and contribute to the org. As most of you know, I was an early advocate of UAMCC, but have had to be content with observing from the sidelines. I will be rehabbing for a few months so I may have a little more time to "play".

Great you are here, bad about the knee

John really glad you are here and please feel free to share ideas and thoughts. You have always been an even minded contractor out on the BB's and would really like your input.
I am on the benifits committee you have any ideas let me know. If you get bored at home give me a call anytime usually after 9:30 in the morning after I get the crew going 843-446-5931

Jeff

Ken Fenner

Hey John, glad to see you. While you are goofed on painkillers you can go ahead and make out the check and send it to me. :D

John, we have not finalized the membership dues but they are going to be between $375 and $400. With the list of benefits we are putting together, the exposure the mega website we are having built will give members and the gaps we are going to bridge with property managers, homeowners and the government, a UAMCC member will quickly get return on his membership. This is not going to be a "logo rental" organization. The transition team has been working tirelessly for the better part of ten months to make this thing a success.

On a side note: Are you going up to Tom's RT?

Carlos Gonzales

John...good seeing you over here. Pray you are on a quick path to recovery...the surgery sounded intensive.

Not making the ACR RT this year...hate like heck bailing out but I need to stick close to home...wifes birthday this weekend!!

Give me a call sometime ~ would love to catch up!

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
John...good seeing you over here. Pray you are on a quick path to recovery...the surgery sounded intensive.

Not making the ACR RT this year...hate like heck bailing out but I need to stick close to home...wifes birthday this weekend!!

Give me a call sometime ~ would love to catch up!

Come on Carlos, Fly her out to a roundtable. LOL I'm sure she will be surprized.

I did it in Fl,

John, good to see you around here. I met John at one of the first rounds way back when.

I wont be at ACR, i wish i too could have made it. I'm cooling down from roundtable burn out.

I will see everyone in Alabama to meet the Russ Spence again. We will be having a fishing trip / roundtable in Febuary 09

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Hey John, glad to see you. While you are goofed on painkillers you can go ahead and make out the check and send it to me. :D

John, we have not finalized the membership dues but they are going to be between $375 and $400. With the list of benefits we are putting together, the exposure the mega website we are having built will give members and the gaps we are going to bridge with property managers, homeowners and the government, a UAMCC member will quickly get return on his membership. This is not going to be a "logo rental" organization. The transition team has been working tirelessly for the better part of ten months to make this thing a success.

On a side note: Are you going up to Tom's RT?

Not going anywhere, except the doctor's for a while. Hope to make it to my Brother's place in CT fro Christmas.

As far as $$$, I recently made a contribution via PayPal - I hope I did it the right way. If I need to change anything, let me know. Given the amount of time and commitment shown by all involved, I am looking forward to being a participating member in UAMCC.

The knee was replaced (as was my shoulder surgery last month) due to a vehicle accident at the end of July. (Not my fault!) My lawyers tell me everything will work-out fine, but no talk of settlement till I'm "cured". Actually, the inside portion of my knee was replaced
getProductBanner.cfm

If you'd like to see an animation, check this link...

http://www.biomet.com/patients/oxfordAnimationVideoPopup.cfm

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Not going anywhere, except the doctor's for a while. Hope to make it to my Brother's place in CT fro Christmas.

As far as $$$, I recently made a contribution via PayPal - I hope I did it the right way. If I need to change anything, let me know. Given the amount of time and commitment shown by all involved, I am looking forward to being a participating member in UAMCC.

The knee was replaced (as was my shoulder surgery last month) due to a vehicle accident at the end of July. (Not my fault!) My lawyers tell me everything will work-out fine, but no talk of settlement till I'm "cured". Actually, the inside portion of my knee was replaced
getProductBanner.cfm

If you'd like to see an animation, check this link...

http://www.biomet.com/patients/oxfordAnimationVideoPopup.cfm

Ouch//////////

Carlos Gonzales

Yes John ~ your thoughtful donation has been duly noted and we thank you. A formal thank you will be forthcoming after the ACR RT to all those that have donated!

He is wishing you to a speedy recovery!!

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
John,
How is that knee? Sorry we missed you at ACR, but maybe we'll see you this spring. Do what the Dr says!!!
Beth

Thanks! I am doing what the Doc says (the lawyers too!). Sorry I missed ACR, but it sounds like all who attended got their $$'s worth. I really would have liked to meet the guy from Armstrong-Clark. I have some samples that I was finally able to put together a few weeks ago and am planning on changing the color of my own covered porch soon.

Ken Fenner

Jake Clark was a very down-to-earth guy. He is genuinely interested in helping us a wood restoration pros. I have only two decks out there with the A-C but I will see what they do over the winter. I really like the product. I'm of course more cautious now about diving in head first and promoting a stain/sealer but Armstrong Clarke appears to be a very solid company with a good history.

As a side note to Beth: What would you estimate wood moisture content at with the end grains dry like Jake sugested? I've seen dry end grains at 18%-20%.

Russ Spence

ouch ! I be thinking of you John I bet that is rough