• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

47,295sq ft

DJ Carroll

Bidding on a parking lot and i need some help from you flat work gurus....

47,295 sq ft of parking lot
moderate to low amount of gum
close to 2k linier feet of curbing
3,800 sq ft side walks

the million dollar question i need to know is how long .... I don't care about pricing I know what i need to charge i just need time i have kno clue i will be throwing two 5 gpm hot water rigs at it ... with one 20 inch sc and a 28 inch sc

Ken Fenner

Far from a flatwork guru but I have done similar sized projects with similar manpower and equipment in two days. (32 man hours)

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
Copy, that's what i was thinking

DJ,
You should figure that your 20 in sc can clean(depending how bad)approx 1200-1400sq ft per hour. So that figures out to about 1.95 days. Gum removal on the other hand is very hard to calculate we allways add 1/5 of the gross time needed to flat wash. Hope that helps.

Jimmy V

Ken Fenner

I've seen guys (owner operators) post that they can do 4000 s/f an hour by themselves. That's pretty fast, especially if there is any gum.

tdemaree

Bryan,

If you are running 8gpm rigs you could go up to 2 36" maxima surface cleaners and clean even faster with the right guys operating. We run 25 gpm out of 2 surface cleaners and can practically run behind them. Just my 2 cents. 4ksqft an hour is pretty quick tho.

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
Bryan,

If you are running 8gpm rigs you could go up to 2 36" maxima surface cleaners and clean even faster with the right guys operating. We run 25 gpm out of 2 surface cleaners and can practically run behind them. Just my 2 cents. 4ksqft an hour is pretty quick tho.

You guys have to consider if you personally are not running these machines how many sq ft your guys on average can clean. They will never clean as fast as you and I can perform. Its not their company and they get paid by the hour. That said, you must work off averages.

Jimmy V:Smiley-2046:

Bryan Otten

I'm looking to get two 36 sc here soon.... I just put a bid in for 8 miles of sidewalk if I get it I will pick up 2 -- 36" sc the nice thing is that the sidewalk is 3' wide :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: I will be able to cut my time in half...:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: