• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Greetings from Vermont

topcoat

Contributing Member
Hello everyone

What a pleasant surprise, finding this forum. Looking forward to learning and exchanging ideas with you all...

topcoat

Contributing Member
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I have to say that I am really impressed as I read about what you are doing with the uamcc. I had not heard of it prior to arriving here at the forum. Its like you took a who's who in your industry and put together an all star team.

In my intro here I didnt give much background info...in a nutshell, I met Ken last winter on another forum and spent several months researching and learning about proper washing products and processes. Prior to that, we had no concept, and avoided washing out of fear of the unknown. Through reading every post I could get my hands on that Ken and other pros wrote, and picking Kens brain by phone, email and pm's, I was able to put together a pretty respectable washing program last spring right out of the gate with upgraded equipment, chems and knowledge. Washing went from a stressful experience to now one of the most fun and rewarding things we do. It was so easy to integrate that value into our exterior painting program with confidence for the first time. We washed by far more houses, decks and porches than in all previous years combined...learning all the way, tweaking things here and there. One particular niche in our area is homes and decks with Sikkens coatings in varying stages of failure. I used to pass on not only the washing but also the wood finishing on these homes. Ken recommended Powersolve DSI from a source that he highly recommended (not sure if I can mention names here, but I'm sure you all know who) and we have become quite competent and the only ones in our market resolving the Sikkens strip problems properly.

As Terry mentioned in another thread here, its amazing what networking with other businesses can do to make us all stronger. I have been on the fortunate end of many such exchanges, and look forward to the opportunity to reciprocate. Please don't hesitate to call on me for info in wood finishing areas that are strengths.

We gathered lots of photo footage of before and afters of our washing/exterior wood restoration work this year and are looking forward to building on the program in the spring, to take it to the next level. By the way, are companies like ours, which offers cleaning as part of our exterior paint program, allowed to be considered for membership?

Ken Fenner

Scott, absolutely. There may be some that worry about extending the invitation to painters and other relevant industries such as landscapers and window cleaners. My feeling is this.. there are professionals in every trade and there are hacks. A hack is unlikely to have money for or the inclination in joining an organization. One of our goals is to bridge the gap not only between contractors and distributors but between pressure washers and other trades. The UAMCC would like to see the standard raised across the board. Had we not met and I was not afforded the opportunity to present a good businessman such as yourself with dictum on proper technique, pricing and chemical usage, you may have done more damage to our profession by cutting corners with an attitude of just getting the job done.

I have not been on P-Talk in ages, but I will make a visit there in the spring. Feel free to spread the word. You know whom the pros are over there. Have Brian and the others pay us a visit.

Carlos Gonzales

Scott,

Welcome to the UAMCC BBS. It is a pleasure having you over here to share insight on the UAMCC Assoc.

Feel free to ask away with your questions!

topcoat

Contributing Member
Scott,

Welcome to the UAMCC BBS. It is a pleasure having you over here to share insight on the UAMCC Assoc.

Feel free to ask away with your questions!

Carlos

Thanks. I can already see that you guys have a sense of unity that spans your trade(s) in a way that most other trades are challenged to achieve. I am particularly impressed so far with the big picture thinking and the absence of bickering over which wand, hose, nozzle or chem is best.

Now that there is snow on the ground, I am reviewing all that we did with our washing efforts this year, which will bring many questions through the winter. And of course, the business, sales and marketing discourse is critical to us all right now.

Its exciting to see a growing forum and organization like this.

Roger Gothorp

Scott, welcome! Clearly your company has reached a level of professionalism that will raise the bar again in our industry! (I've been poking around on your site & your work is beautiful!) I look forward to picking your brain :)

Celeste

topcoat

Contributing Member
Celeste

Thanks for the welcome. Its been a good year, alot of cool opportunities and projects. Always learning, and thats what keeps alot of us getting out of bed in the morning...that and those bills! Feel free to pick my brain on the finish side of things for sure.