• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Hi, I guess I'm the newest guy in the forum

Jeff Jacobs

Contributing Member
I'm in the process of buying a small biz from a guy who was working part time and not generating enough work to make a living. I'll have a cold water 4000psi 4gpm rig no tank or hose reels and I plan to start doing with flatwork. I've been reading and soaking up everything like a sponge. Got 1million in GL insurance first thing. So far I've had 4 commercial jobs, 3 restaurants and a 54000 sq ft biz and few residential units. What would be your best advice on get this biz rolling. I'm working a FT job and I'm a retired paratrooper, so I'm not afraid of working hard and putting in some hours, but don't have alot of start up $. I see that there are several scams out there to trap guys like me. Any advice on service master and Super Guarantee? I really appreciate all the info you guys are willing to share. P:S: I would like to buy a hot water rig.

Thanks
Jeff

Jeff LeCours

Jeffrey

For commercial to do it right you really need hot water and about 5.5 gpm machine, you need the tanks, hose reels etc and you need experience, see if you can get some labor for learning from a contractor in the next state over

Why don't you target residential market? Homes & driveways you can use the equipment you have, but even at that, you should go with a pro and get some knowledge & experience. I would not recommend commercial with what you have

Best of luck

Guy Blackmon

Hi Jeff and welcome!!!

If you've been reading up on flatwork, you should already know that #1- 4 gpm is not enough gpm. #2- cold water just won't get the job done.

Why do you think the guy thats selling his equipment, can't generate enough money??? Yep, under powered cold water equipment. I'll bet $20 it came from Northern Tools, or Lowes.

Jeff, I'm not trying to bust your butt, but you're falling into the same trap that a lot of guys have fallen into, JUMPING THE GUN!!!!

Please fill out your signature, so we will know a little more about you and your service area.

Good Luck!!!

Guy Blackmon

Jeffrey

For commercial to do it right you really need hot water and about 5.5 gpm machine, you need the tanks, hose reels etc and you need experience, see if you can get some labor for learning from a contractor in the next state over

Why don't you target residential market? Homes & driveways you can use the equipment you have, but even at that, you should go with a pro and get some knowledge & experience. I would not recommend commercial with what you have

Best of luck

Now thats sound advice from a real Pro!!!

Eric Flynn

I'm in the process of buying a small biz from a guy who was working part time and not generating enough work to make a living. I'll have a cold water 4000psi 4gpm rig no tank or hose reels and I plan to start doing with flatwork. I've been reading and soaking up everything like a sponge. Got 1million in GL insurance first thing. So far I've had 4 commercial jobs, 3 restaurants and a 54000 sq ft biz and few residential units. What would be your best advice on get this biz rolling. I'm working a FT job and I'm a retired paratrooper, so I'm not afraid of working hard and putting in some hours, but don't have alot of start up $. I see that there are several scams out there to trap guys like me. Any advice on service master and Super Guarantee? I really appreciate all the info you guys are willing to share. P:S: I would like to buy a hot water rig.

Thanks

Jeff

Hi Jeff.
Welcome to the UAMCC BBS! I would like to say congrats for taking a step that most start up companies ignore and that is GETTING INSURANCE!

Jeff L. and Guy are correct...if you want to pursue commercial, you need hot water. You said that you do not have a lot of start up cash so my suggestion would be to start out doing residential. With the income from those jobs you can save up to get your hot water unit and the rest of your equipment. That is how we started out!

Also start researching environmental guidelines, restrictions, and regulations. Robert Hinderliter is our industry's foremost authority on this. He posted several videos on You Tube you can check out.

~Jen

Henry Bockman

Hey Jeff,

Welcome to the wonderful world of pressure washing. What state are you in? If you have any questions give me a call, I'd be happy to help you out.

Jeff Jacobs

Contributing Member
Thanks, I buying a 8gpm 24hp hot water unit with a 200 gal tank, 200 ft of HP hose and 200 ft of lp hose on a small trailer this weekend. I'm doing all the work I can handle now. I appriceate your feedback. I've learned a lot from the forum and will be going to the convention in Orlando.
Thanks again,
Jeff

Jeff Jacobs

Contributing Member
I hope to see you at the convention please introduce yourselves. I May not get there until noon on Friday.
When you do a job do you wear some type of uniform? I find that it adds instant trust and creditability for the coustomer. What are your thoughts? Of course when you get a little SH on one its toast!