• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Fall cleanup????

Florin Nutu

Gutter season is almost upon us. Does any of you guys offer fall cleanup as an addon to gutters? Cleaning up the leaves in their yard. Whats the process... rake and bags or is there tools to aid in this? What do you do with the leaves... leave them in bags for their recycler or common practise is to take em with you? If so where do you dispose of them at? Whats the pricing range for such service?

Jeff LeCours

Gutter season is almost upon us. Does any of you guys offer fall cleanup as an addon to gutters? Cleaning up the leaves in their yard. Whats the process... rake and bags or is there tools to aid in this? What do you do with the leaves... leave them in bags for their recycler or common practise is to take em with you? If so where do you dispose of them at? Whats the pricing range for such service?

I hate doing other peoples yard work, but I know some Jack of all trades that do it around here

Leave the yard waste in bags or charge them more to take away

Carlos Gonzales

We never got into the raking the leaves or anything. Definitely look into gutter cleaning before the winter months. Also during the gutter cleaning see if any gutters are leaking at the seams. Suggest or upsale to the customer about applying a clear silicon to the area that leaks. $$$$$

Florin Nutu

Ive tried the silicone thing but I cant find anything that goes on a wet gutter surface. And in my area during gutter cleaning season its always wet.

Gutter cleaning is a big part of our biz. Long hours ahead.

Carlos Gonzales

Ive tried the silicone thing but I cant find anything that goes on a wet gutter surface. And in my area during gutter cleaning season its always wet.

Gutter cleaning is a big part of our biz. Long hours ahead.

That is the only draw back Florin..we have the same problem. What I did was schedule as many houses at one time and came back and did them with the gutters were dry. Apply the sealant only took about 10 minutes per house not including travel time between homes...

Imagine doing 30 houses a day at around 40 bucks a pop...nice little change!!

Florin Nutu

That is the only draw back Florin..we have the same problem. What I did was schedule as many houses at one time and came back and did them with the gutters were dry. Apply the sealant only took about 10 minutes per house not including travel time between homes...

Imagine doing 30 houses a day at around 40 bucks a pop...nice little change!!

True... but if its nice and dry outside and I go do gutter sealing, how am I going to fit in salmon fishing?:saai:jk

I will try it again this year.

Carlos Gonzales

True... but if its nice and dry outside and I go do gutter sealing, how am I going to fit in salmon fishing?:saai:jk

I will try it again this year.

That's what I am talking about...glad to see you have your priorities straight. When does the season start up there by the way? They say there is good fishing in Orlando around the 3rd week of October...I don't know...I am just saying :yes:

Florin Nutu

That's what I am talking about...glad to see you have your priorities straight. When does the season start up there by the way? They say there is good fishing in Orlando around the 3rd week of October...I don't know...I am just saying :yes:

HAHAHA. Love it.

Not sure when exact. I think humpies just finished.Have to check fish and game regs. My gear is catching dust and cobwebs.

Carlos Gonzales

HAHAHA. Love it.

Not sure when exact. I think humpies just finished.Have to check fish and game regs. My gear is catching dust and cobwebs.

Let me know when the season starts...seriously! Let me know about Orlando also when you have an idea whats shaking. You get your machine fixed yet?

Florin Nutu

Got parts on the way. Should be here Thursday. Then install on Friday in time for Saturday job. Then its balls to the wall condo complexes all next week.

I'll make it Carlos. Its gonna be a last minute registration though. Trying hard to make it a longer stay and bring the fiance with.

Carlos Gonzales

Got parts on the way. Should be here Thursday. Then install on Friday in time for Saturday job. Then its balls to the wall condo complexes all next week.

I'll make it Carlos. Its gonna be a last minute registration though. Trying hard to make it a longer stay and bring the fiance with.

Go on and get ya some! Hit the gutters while you are at it. Cool that you are making Orlando...call me in a week or two...Good stuff!

Jeff LeCours

You better make it to the Convention, I'd hate to have to come up there and drag you to Orlando LOL

Looking forward to meeting you

DJ Carroll

Now we are talking my language lol ..... best thing for leave is to run a up and down pattern with your zero turn to mulch, then back and forth to blow the leaves to curb side, use a back pack blower to get any leaves that are in the mulch beds or around trees, suck em up with a leaf vac if you have one if not then i guess bag em .... thats alot of work so make sure you charge right ... just to get us out there is $55 then I bid the job at $80/hr .... most yards take about an hour so your looking around $135 per yard....

here is a co-campaign post card that is going out starting next week and will run for the following two weeks

Attachments

• coffee-post-card.jpg
    coffee-post-card.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 27
  • fallpostcard.jpg
    fallpostcard.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 29

Michael Kreisle

Contributing Member
I don't do any of the leaf collecting but do use the fall as a marketing angle for last minute "deals"

falling_leaves.jpg

This one goes on craigslist and in emails.

:biggrin: