• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

First machine help

Bruce Stewart

I am going to see a used pressure washer soon. It would (if any good) be my first machine to start with. Is there a way to test it to see if the pressure, heat, etc. are good? I don't know alot about them. It is a 5.1 GPM 3500psi 21HP vanguard machine. It is a #1285 Hotsy. Price looks good, I think, at $2300. Any help would be great.

Thanks! Bruce

John Tornabene

Member Guest
I am going to see a used pressure washer soon. It would (if any good) be my first machine to start with. Is there a way to test it to see if the pressure, heat, etc. are good? I don't know alot about them. It is a 5.1 GPM 3500psi 21HP vanguard machine. It is a #1285 Hotsy. Price looks good, I think, at $2300. Any help would be great.

Thanks! Bruce
First off run the powerwasher for a timed minute and see if it fills up a 5 gal container. IF so that settles the GPM. As for the Temp and the pressure you will need gages for that. Check any Distributor here because they all sell those gages. I have a couple of Envirospec gages where the Hot water Gage and the Pressure Gage are connected together. That is what you need.

Ken Fenner

That's a decent price if the machine doesn't have crazy hours on it and checks out on other fronts. offer him $1900 and if he splits in the middle at $2100, you'll have a real good machine to start with. Way more important than having a step up machine like that one is to have a few thousand dollars for advertising. A good machine is only a boat anchor sitting in your driveway if the phone isn't ringing.

Bruce, when you get a chance, fill in your signature line. It'll save you from having to sign every post and its forum requirement. You can find that here:
http://www.uamcc.org/forum/usercp.php

Guy Blackmon

That's a decent price if the machine doesn't have crazy hours on it and checks out on other fronts. offer him $1900 and if he splits in the middle at $2100, you'll have a real good machine to start with. Way more important than having a step up machine like that one is to have a few thousand dollars for advertising. A good machine is only a boat anchor sitting in your driveway if the phone isn't ringing.

Bruce, when you get a chance, fill in your signature line. It'll save you from having to sign every post and its forum requirement. You can find that here:
http://www.uamcc.org/forum/usercp.php

I swear Ken, the truly bad part of missing Orlando, will be not having a chance to meet you!!!

My hope is that one day we will get to meet each other!!! We seem to be cut from the same cloth, yours just costs more than mine!!!

Bruce, the easiest part of a Pressure Washing Business is Pressure Washing, its the other part of running the business thats hard as crap!!!

READ, LEARN, WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Tornabene

Member Guest
I swear Ken, the truly bad part of missing Orlando, will be not having a chance to meet you!!!

My hope is that one day we will get to meet each other!!! We seem to be cut from the same cloth, yours just costs more than mine!!!

Bruce, the easiest part of a Pressure Washing Business is Pressure Washing, its the other part of running the business thats hard as crap!!!

READ, LEARN, WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Guy why don't you just go to the Convention then. Its going to be one of the best Conventions in the past decade. So many prizes,Great speakers and just great all around contractors to network with.

Guy Blackmon

Because John, as I have explaned before, my Father-in-Law is in very poor health. My Wife quit work over a year and a half ago to take care of him.

And I'm not going if I can't take Mary with me.

John Buddy, I know how big this Convention will be, ain't my first Rodeo Chief.:yes:

Ken Fenner

Guy, I'm sorry to hear about you F-I-L. I am in the same boat. My S-I-L is terminal with lung cancer. We just found out yesterday from the doctors she has about two weeks. We are looking for a hospice that is close by. She is 37 years old and Christine's whole family is in shambles. The timing is just bad and it is unlikely I can make it to the convention. If I go and she passes I have to live with the repercussions of that decision. There will be other conventions and get togethers. You and I will meet up one day soon.

Jim Chesmore

Guy, I'm sorry to hear about you F-I-L. I am in the same boat. My S-I-L is terminal with lung cancer. We just found out yesterday from the doctors she has about two weeks. We are looking for a hospice that is close by. She is 37 years old and Christine's whole family is in shambles. The timing is just bad and it is unlikely I can make it to the convention. If I go and she passes I have to live with the repercussions of that decision. There will be other conventions and get togethers. You and I will meet up one day soon.

Ken, Prayers on the way, stay strong

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Because John, as I have explaned before, my Father-in-Law is in very poor health. My Wife quit work over a year and a half ago to take care of him.

And I'm not going if I can't take Mary with me.

John Buddy, I know how big this Convention will be, ain't my first Rodeo Chief.:yes:
Hey Guy,
Sorry about that. I must have missed your post about this. I wish nothing but the best for your Father in-law. I'm with you about your wife. I try to take Kathy wherever I go if I can get family to watch my two girls and two labs. Maybe will hook up with our wives at another Big dance:clap: