• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Better Late Than Never!

Scott Millen

Hey Ya'll! Long time no see!;) Sorry for my tardiness.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this here goes, I see some very good people making some promising first steps. Let me know how/when I can help, I have great confidence in the Transition Team and the goals set forth so far.

I promise to keep you all in my prayers, and to cheer loudly when applicable.:D

Oh, and thanks for having a new board to sign up on, I'm interested to see how this goes, and in what direction. A dedicated information clearinghouse is a great start.

Scott Millen

Duhh!! What a maroon I am! Here is a little about me for those (few) that might care.

I'm a pressure washer in Omaha, NE and I specialize in residential mostly, but do a little wood and flatwork. I love this business, and talking about this business, and properties of this business.

To me the various boards are largely social. Sick and demented, but social.;)

I used to be a mean old Teamster and drove OTR for years in various different businesses, mostly logistics and transportation. I know a great deal about the politics of professional organizations/unions/guilds, and have a background that includes a heavy emphasis on conflict resolution.

I've been involved in negotiated conflict resolutions that have ranged from easy and collegial, all the way down the sprectrum to the more aggressive negotiations involved in more heated disputes. I'm here to tell you: Heated is not nearly as smooth!

I've been in the biz since 2004 (If you are charitable in your definitions) and have watched anxiously the developments of the various factions and organizations concerned with our field in those years. I'd say the current UAMCC Transition Team is doing the right things so far, and has gathered people with the right kind of skills to make a hell of a run at establishing an organization that can serve its membership in a positive way.

I can't speak for the rest of the PWing world, but you have my rapt attention, folks.

Ken Fenner

Scott, outstanding intro! We're very glad you could make it over. You always make a positive contribution towards a board's professionalism.

Terry Miller

Scott,
Welcome aboard! Nice to hear from someone so dedicated. I appreciate an educated approach to business. This is what we do and it is as important as driving a school bus full of kids and dynamite! LOL Hope to converse and meet on the road. Thank You.

Scott Millen

Thanks Gents! Its great to be here, I think about this endeavor a great deal, especially when I'm actually washing or working on the equipment.

Ken, to be called a pro by you is high praise indeed!

Terry, I've read your posts with interest for some time, and look forward to meeting sometime soon. I believe you are the only member of the transition team I haven't met.

Carlos, things are busy, but good here. We had a terrible winter and spring really hasn't been wonderful, but I have high hopes for summer. I see you've been keeping busy, I hope you have time to enjoy the fruits of your labor with the family.

Now, before the scent of PW Business Love overpowers us, (lol) I'd like to say again that I'm pulling for you, and here if you need me.

I'm working on putting together some suggestions, some mine, some from others, to submit.

Onward!;):cool:

Scott Millen

Welcome Scott.

Getting any riding done?

Thanks Michael, it pleases me to see the approach being taken here. Seems like a positive, transparent method by people known by many in the industry.

As far as riding, in a word: NO!

I just haven't been able to spend any real time riding this last winter and spring. For one thing, the weather was as bad this year as any I can remember, and for another, many of my riding buddies have moved away, or sold their bikes :)eek:) Seems like the economy, and the lack of preparation for it, have begun to take their toll on some of my pals involved in the trades, especially the construction trades.

I have been thinking hard about this though: I know where there are a couple of terrific old Triumph choppers for sale on the East Coast, so I'm pondering flying out to get one, and then riding the blue highways back.

I was pondering paying for the trip (in part) by writing an article about getting the bike, and the trip back to Omaha. I'm banging the idea around, and bouncing it off a few bike magazine guys, we'll see. If I do it, I plan on imposing on as many of my pals as possible along the way.

How has riding been in your neck of the woods this year? Derby-time get pretty exciting?

dscleaning

i guess i need to say hello also i am dave graham owner of d&s exterior cleaning have been in the roof cleaning and pressure washing business for eight yearshere in winchester tn. didnt know sites like this and ptstate where around untill last nov. have honed my skills by reading the posts. i used to be in the farm drainage business in ohio from 1971 thru 1988 (showing my age) have installed drainage in fla. and here i tn.&n.al.. in ohio we had a state chapter for land inprovement contractors this was good thing to belong to for networking and learning and i think it would be good for the pw business. i also have a bath tub refinishing business that i pruchased three years ago. so iinside and outside work pw is easier to do than the tubs but they keep me busy almost to the point i may have to hire some help for either one. so hi dave

Carlos Gonzales

Dave,

Welcome to the UAmCc BBS. Much is going on in the industry. The UAmCc BBS will serve many functions including acting as a information gathering tool so that a new nationwide pressure washing organization can be formed.

Good to have you here.

Terry Miller

Welcome Dave,
I see you have already found the Value of Networking. It is nice growing our businesses and helping others at the same time. Feel free to post any questions. Thank You.