• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Looking for sweet smells

Ryan Freidline

My "tool of the year" happens to be X-Jet. It took a house or two to get use to, but now I'm in love. I am mixin 50% water with 50% sodium hypo, and 2 squirts of dawn per 5 gal and running wide open with no restricters. It is cheap and works well, however what can we add for the sake of smells? I hate when customers say..." Whew!...i can smell the bleach..."
Same thing for cleaning roofs.
Simple Cherry will not help.
Has anyone heard of the grape smellin stuff drag racers use in their fuels?
I found it online but its prohibitivley expensive and in small quantities.
What about food research companies, wouldn't they have liike "red dye #5" in 55 gallon drums (understand that was just an example, looking for colorless)

John Tornabene

Member Guest
I haven't figured out yet after all these years how to alter the smell of Chlorine which we use in all of our house and roof washes(At different strengths of course). I am eager to see what others have used to alter the smell.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Some "smells" alter the ph and "sour" the SH. I sometimes use a gallon of "Fresh Scent" bleach in 15 gallons of 12.5.

Guy Blackmon

Ryan, the X-Jet is a great tool!! The reason you're getting a strong smell is because you're using a strong mix.

With no proportioner in the x-jet you should use 1/4 to 1/3 bleach in a 5er. Soon you will get tired of lugging a pail around, do a search on down-streaming.

Using apple blossom dawn will help knock the smell down.

Good Luck Buddy!!!

Eric Flynn

Ken, I dont hardly mix water into the ......."mix"? LOL sounds like a double standard.... anyway. I started DS'n apple blossom dawn, and 12.5 but only with my injector open just enough to siphon. I only use water to stir up the dawn so maybe half a gallon for five gallons of water. It seems to work for me down here anyway.

Eric

Ken Fenner

I do use a specially made soap in my mix. For more suds I like car wash over Dawn. I add both to 3.5 gallons of sodium hypo. It kills the nastiest mold almost on contact. If the house isn't that moldy, 2.5 gallons of shock works fine.

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
I recently got the M16 thruster nozzle from espec and it comes with 50' of chem hose. Move the bucket maybe 3 or 4 times at the most. Been using it now for 2 weeks and I love this thing and it is about 1/3 the price of the xjet.

The Cleaning Doctor

Contributing Member
Straight from the horses's web site

"Machined Brass Body, Adjustable Injection Rate, 20-30% Draw Rate, Super High Impact, Throws Chemical 3-4 Stories High, Comes with adjustable angle hi-lo nozzle. Push for low pressure application from from 0-65 degrees, Pull for high pressure rinse from 0-65 degrees. Also includes 50' of chemical line and a Premium Brass/Stainless filter."

You must have one hell of a machine to make it go 3 or 4 stories. I have a 3.5gpm maching and I can wash 2 story houses all day long with it.

Here are my thoughts from my use of the nozzle.

1. 65 degree fan will only happen on low pressure and it is very light in the middle of the fan and heavy on the edges. More like a 15 degree fan on high pressure.

2. 3 or 4 stories. Maybe that is the number of stories being told. No way this goes that high and I bought the right size nozzle for my machine. Maybe the 3 stories is ok but I don't think you will be hitting the peak.

3. 50' chemical hose love it. Use less than 5 gallons of mix and I lay it on heavy.

4. Applying the plexmaster is great, fast and easy. 15 to 30 minutes depending on the house.

5. It's NOT "MADE IN CHINA". It is acutally made in Italy.

All in all it is a good investment. I think possibly better than the xjet but then I have never used one.