• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Reduced pressure

Lenny Schrecengost

Contributing Member
I recently read a post about using a 1/2 hose because the pwer was loosing pressure when he went to 7 or 8 gpm. I can not find it. I think it was on this board or the PWI. Can anyone help me find it. We are getting ready to get a larger trailer and put 2 machines together to get the volumn and I want it to work as good as possable.

Ken Fenner

Its on this board and I cannot find it either. Guy the loss was actually very measurable and affected cleaning units and surface cleaner performance.

plainpainter

I did a thing where I hooked up my 13hp and 20hp machines together to get an 11gpm flow. And the pressure drop was so much that nothing but a 3/8" plug would allow the downstreamers to work. I think 1/2" hose is definitely needed for 10+ gpm machines.

Jim Cooney

I've attached the original friction loss chart. Turns out to be very accurate. I went from 2500 PSI to 3350 PSI by simply changing over to 1/2 hose, and now I have full 9 GPM flow. The thread can be found here: http://www.uamcc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3456

The thread on PWI disappeared apparently. More BS and bashing.

Feel free to call me at anytime and I'll share my experience with you.

Attachments

• H2O friction loss chart.pdf
    58.4 KB · Views: 28

Jim Chesmore

very interesting chart!!

It says with 1/2" hose and 7gpm, you will lose 50psi/100' of hose. I am using the fatboy pump (100psi/7gpm) with 300' of hose and it still shoots great, how is that possible?

BTW, I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm just trying to understand whats going on

Ken Fenner

Jim, is it proportional to the amount of pressure output at the pump? The only way to truly know your loss is with real world testing. I don't get into all of this stuff so I won't pretend to know what the heck I am talking about, but it seems to make sense.