• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Here is one I wrote back in May 2008, has things changed since then?

I keep getting emails that cleaning garages can only get .02 to .04 a foot. While cleaning sidewalks or cleaning a carpet inside homes gets more per square foot.

Now why is that? You need less equipment for doing flate work or for a carpet cleaning but you get paid more per foot?

My question to you is:

Is it possible for a company to get past the 20 cent per foot barrier?

1. The need to be EPA complaint. Including the right filtration units; including but not limited to ... permits, certs, etc.
2. Having the right equipment
3. Having the experience with the right track record
4. Having proof by photos of before and after
5. Having a good marketing / educational program for the customers

Anymore????

With all of these points, dose anyone believe it is possible?

This may not be a fair question for those of us who have a 4 to 5 GPM @ 3,000 psi. 19 years ago I had a 5.4 GPM @ 3000 psi. and the most I could get was 5 cents a foot when no filtration of grey water was required.

Back in the earily 1989 era, it was called tide and bleach baby... or acid.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Hey Jim,
I think we spoke on the phone last year or maybe it was the year before. I can't keep track of the time anymore since the years are flying by.

I've read many of your post and that past article you had. You sure know your stuff.

Your equipment is off the charts when it comes to Parking garage cleaning. Considering that your equipment is on the high end when it comes to this type of work how would you rate something like this on Ebay if it has an 8gpm+hot water Powerwasher on it??
http://cgi.ebay.com/Trailer-Mounted...in_0?hash=item58838910e7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Ken Fenner

Jim, I would like to hear more specifically about your sales presentations and how you go about convincing budget happy PM's and owners about quality of service.

That was going to be one of my next presentations at a round table of which has been canceled.

I am not a fan of Property Management firms unless they are a multi million dollar company, and even then I prefer not to deal with them. Though I realize that many, even very successful companies, rely on the PM for any work that they may have, I find the biggest profit per sq ft is best achieved by going direct.

I am really considering on going to this convention. If you are there, I will be happy to discuss my sales approach more in detail.

Hey Jim,
I think we spoke on the phone last year or maybe it was the year before. I can't keep track of the time anymore since the years are flying by.

I've read many of your post and that past article you had. You sure know your stuff.

Your equipment is off the charts when it comes to Parking garage cleaning. Considering that your equipment is on the high end when it comes to this type of work how would you rate something like this on Ebay if it has an 8gpm+hot water Powerwasher on it??
http://cgi.ebay.com/Trailer-Mounted...in_0?hash=item58838910e7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

John, are you going to the convention? If so, lets talk.

Jim Cooney

Wish I could make the convention. I think it would be great for the industry and UAMCC to ask Jim to be a keynote speaker. He has much knowledge, experience and his business is the leading edge representing the future of pressure washing and reclamation.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
John, are you going to the convention? If so, lets talk.
Hey Jim--I'm on the Convention committee so you can be certain I'll be there..to win some prizes:biggrin: Seriously the Convention is going to be phenominal and if we knew at the time we would have loved to have you be one of the speakers there since many of us follow your post on the net. You my friend are an expert in this field bar none when it comes to making the "REAL MONEY". I would love to know more about how you get those 20cent+ a sq' for parking garages. And your right if you can eliminate the PM's you would stand to make alot more money. Lets call that knocking out the middle man:yes:

Anyway I hope you can make it to the Convention. You can't beat the price for what where doing there.

Carlos Gonzales

It would be good to see Jim in Orlando.

Ohh..John...I know how Jim gets 20 cent a foot..it called BLACKHAWK(Jim knows what I am talking about)

Seriously Jim..book your flight and come on out. I know of at least 3-5 garage cleaners that will be in Orlando! John T being one of them!!